Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Wow, has it been that long already? Time flies when you're planning WDW trips! Only bad part of this move is that with cheaper airfare I might decide to go more frequently!
    We might have different definitions of bad. Cheaper airfare = good, more WDW trips = good.
    -Dave

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    We might have different definitions of bad. Cheaper airfare = good, more WDW trips = good.
    Arrrg, bad for me wallet, matey! Luckily I'll be bringing in more gold...

Chef Art Smith's Homcomin
    50's Prime Time Cafe
    Planet Hollywood Observatory.

Looking forward to trying Art Smith's, 50's Prime Time is a family favorite and Planet Hollywood, looking forward to Guy Fieri's contributions.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Dinners:
    Kona Cafe
    Chef Art Smiths Homecoming
    Ale and Compass
    The Wave
    Grand Floridian Cafe

Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

The plan for ADR booking in a few days is as follows. Only three new choices on there. That’s down to the kids. Who will be 16 and 19 but clearly like what they know...... I couldn’t care less where we eat so just let them choose.

Crystal Palace lunch. This is a sentimental first day tradition as it was their first WDW meal when they were 5 and 8.
    Mama Melrose’s Fantasmic dining package lunch or dinner whatever we can get.
    Cocina Frontera lunch. New.
    Boma dinner.
    Teppan Edo lunch.
    Garden Grill dinner.
    Beaches and Cream dinner for desert only.
    Cape May Cafe breakfast.
    Sanaa dinner. New.
    Be our Guest lunch.
    Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner. New.
    Rose and Crown dinner to watch Illuminations.
    Ohanna dinner.
    Yak and Yeti lunch.
    1900 Park Fare breakfast.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Yachtsman is FANTASTIC!

Sanaa dinner. New.
    Did you specifically need it to be Dinner at Sanaa to fit with all the rest of your plans?

The animals are much better viewing during the daylight, I believe (though there may be some viewing at night). I need to admit I've not done dinner, but I've seen others mention this I think. I have been for lunch 3 or 4 times and love it!

Those are some really good choices in there!
    -Dave

Ericles I’m looking forward to the Yachtsman. That’s my DH’s request.
    Dave Sanaa for lunch may actually work better of the menu is the same so I’ll take a look and thanks for the tip.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Ericles I’m looking forward to the Yachtsman. That’s my DH’s request.
    Dave Sanaa for lunch may actually work better of the menu is the same so I’ll take a look and thanks for the tip.
    I was really, really impressed with Sanaa last year. As someone who has a few food issues, I couldn't believe how good they were with me. The waitress came round and I looked her straight in the eyes and said, "hello, I can't eat garlic, onions, bell peppers, cooked tomatoes, or anything spicy". She stared at me for a few seconds, and then replied "that is basically everything on our menu. What CAN you eat?" We narrowed it down to rice, broccoli and steak. She then brought me the most fantastic, delicious, flavourful meal made of those three basic ingredients, and I had no 'after-effects' whatsoever. She might as well have done the mic drop, I was so impressed!
    Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    The animals are much better viewing during the daylight, I believe (though there may be some viewing at night).
    It depends on the time of year. If it's still light in the evening, then you can see out into the savannah. But if it's winter and it gets dark at 6pm, the only thing you'll see from the windows is your own reflection.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It depends on the time of year. If it's still light in the evening, then you can see out into the savannah. But if it's winter and it gets dark at 6pm, the only thing you'll see from the windows is your own reflection.
    That occurred to me after my original comment. If Scooby is planning for 6 months out, then you are of course correct, early dinner in July might be fine while there is still daylight.
    -Dave

It is for July. Not sure when it goes dark then in Orlando?

It is for July. Not sure when it goes dark then in Orlando?
    According to this website, it's between 8:27 and 8:16 PM, depending on what day. (I'm not an expert on the website, just found it when curious).

Of course, that's just the technical "set" time. Dusk to dark is somewhere a little before that when you start to notice the change, I am sure.

If you were to pick a 6 or 7 PM dinner, I'm sure you would be fine for most of your meal though (at least in terms of it not being dark yet). Not sure if the animals become less active as the day goes on, that might be a factor even if it's light enough to see.
    -Dave

During the summer hours it barely gets dark in time for IllumiNations at 9pm. You should have a fine view.

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    During the summer hours it barely gets dark in time for IllumiNations at 9pm. You should have a fine view.
    Orlando resident here. Can confirm that Dan (as usual) is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodnplenty View Post
    Orlando resident here. Can confirm that Dan (as usual) is spot on.
    I just love it when that happens!
    - James Taylor

Couple of changes. Due to a menu change we’ve swapped Cocina Frontera for Chef Art Smiths although I can see this getting changed again potentially. We’ve also swapped Sanaa for the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package. I have persuaded DH that with great curry on our doorstep we don’t need it at Disney. DD not pumped about Tiffins so I think at 16 she will be on the kids menu there.

........Weve also swapped Sanaa for the Tiffins Rivers of Light dining package. I have persuaded DH that with great curry on our doorstep we dont need it at Disney. DD not pumped about Tiffins so I think at 16 she will be on the kids menu there.
    That's probably a tough call. As much as I like Sanaa (I admit for me it's about the concurrent animal viewing probably just as much as the food - though I do enjoy the food!), I recall one of your early posts about ROL seating you had being somewhat horrible, so hopefully the Dinner package works out better for you than that experience.

I did the Tiffins ROL package in October and I did think the seating was very good for it's area. I don't imagine it's moved, but when I did it it was on the left section of the seats(if thinking of the stadium from looking in from the outer perimeter), towards the middle where the 2 "halves" meet. My previous ROL viewing had been on the FP+ area in the other half, so I liked the difference of being able to see the other 2 animal floats up close on this side. (that is my single criticism of ROL - no close pass-by for 2 of the 4 animal floats no matter which side you are on. I wish they had done something like have them come back on opposite sides from how they come out earlier in the show)
    -Dave

Good memory Dave you’re right me and DD had a post in our way when we saw this previously. It was mobbed but it was the first week it was open I think. TBH I can’t see anything on the Sanaa menu apart from the bread service and the animals I can’t get better locally (UK worlds second curry capital!) so I’m happy with the swap. There seems to be a mini bread service at Tiffins Hubby can get. It’s also more convenient as is in the park we had planned to be at for the evening. It’s a balance for my family planning as DH and DS love, love, love all the food and me and DD are far more interested in the attractions. I am usually over all the food by day 4 of a two week trip. I find it very overwhelming on the dining plan day after day.

Tiffins w/ ROL viewing
    Chefs de France
    Hollywood & Vine w/ F! viewing

Travelling party is me, hubby, DS 16 & his friend (16) who is a vegetarian.

Suggestions for other options would be greatly appreciated!

Our trip is split 4 nights at Pop w/ dining plan and 11 nights at AKL (1 bedrm) with no dining plan. The above use our 4 TS credits. We were unable to book BOG for lunch, but I'm going to keep trying.

4th WDW trip for our family, 1st trip for friend.

DL ~ June 1981 ~ March 2000 ~ Oct/Nov 2001 ~ March 2006 ~ Oct/Nov 2007 ~ March 2009 ~ Sept 2010 ~ March 2011 ~ Sept 2011 ~ Sept 2012 ~ Sept 2013 ~ Sept 2015 ~ Aug/Sept 2016
    WDW ~ March 2005 ~ Sept 2009 ~ Aug//Sept 2014
    DVC MEMBER since March 2011
    Next trip: WDW August 20-Sept 4

LTT and a few others, but we're mostly going to eat from the kiosks at EF&GF

I am conflicted about LTT. Had a meal there 11 years ago when it was still characters. Two things. My then 8 year old son was trying to see up Minnie’s nose to check her authenticity (have it on video) perturbing the character and the air conditioning dripped on my head the whole meal. Food was good though.

I am conflicted about LTT. Had a meal there 11 years ago when it was still characters. Two things. My then 8 year old son was trying to see up Minnie’s nose to check her authenticity (have it on video) perturbing the character and the air conditioning dripped on my head the whole meal. Food was good though.
    LTT is one of our must-do places! The pot roast is incredible.