Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Hi All... This thread is to continue the discussion as to where you made your ADR's.

Which reminds me that I think its time to make ours for our next trip...

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

2. # ADS

For the February BDay trip:

Fri - Coral Reef
    Sat - 50's Prime Time
    Sun - Rose & Crown
    Mon - Mama Melrose

All favorites except MM which will be our first time.

Still working on the ADRs for May at SSR.

I'm only doing one reservation and the rest will be quick stop.

When I'm in Hollywood Backlot Studios I'll be dining at Sci-Fi Dine In (: SO EXCITED.

Disneyland & DCA - '93-'95. '00-11. DTD/OP CM - '11-present
    Candlelight Cast Choir 2012 - Living Christmas Tree

Well, made the ADR's for the May trip. Since we drive and have the 2 bed room Condo and Full Kitchen at SSR, we only booked two. We always eat at EOS at DD, but we cook to save the cash. Worked at well last year when at VWL.

Fulton's Crab House
    Yak & Yeti

First time for both.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    Well, made the ADR's for the May trip. Since we drive and have the 2 bed room Condo and Full Kitchen at SSR, we only booked two. We always eat at EOS at DD, but we cook to save the cash. Worked at well last year when at VWL.

Fulton's Crab House
    Yak & Yeti
    First time for both.
    Those are great choices! I love Yak & Yeti for the atmosphere as well as the food. Are you planning on lunch or dinner at Fultons? I have done lunch several times because it is SO MUCH less expensive! You can use AAA card for a discount and I think VISA offers one too!
    [
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Thanks nikkithepooh! We are excited about both. But we are doing dinner at both. I am not a big lunch person and tend to just have a snack for lunch and get the kids and DW QS. Or back at Resort. I know it's expensive but, we will have Disney Reward Dollars to use and another reason we are only doing two ADRs. Let's us splurge on the ones we pick.

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let's us splurge on the ones we pick.
    Quality over Quantity! I think we'd have less obesity in this country if more people followed that!
    Cathy

Where are your ADR's? - The Discussion Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Quality over Quantity! I think we'd have less obesity in this country if more people followed that!
    Amen. I'm still working off the August holiday calories. Two weeks on the regular dining plan. Appetisers the size of a small UK city.......

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Tuesday @ Be Our Guest ! Wednesday @ Le Cellier!! Thursday @ Columbia Harbour House -- I know, not an ADR, but pfttt, (with an earlier stop at the Yak & Yeti take-out for some mango pie, even if it doesn't have the sauce)!!! Friday @ Sci Fi for lunch, then a pick 'em at Epcot World Showcase for counter service !!!! Saturday @ Kona Caf (with an earlier visit to Sleep Hallow for a chicken/waffle sandwich)!!!!! I'm going to miss having more opportunities to eat at the nice Disney restaurants, but there's always next year.

1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Rose & Crown is one of our favorites. I cannot wait to eat there again. Below is the list of our ADR's for our June trip:

(*First Time)
    Sun, June 16 - Beaches & Cream on Father's Day (I am getting the Kitchen Sink)
    Mon, Jun 17 - Rose & Crown-Dinner
    Tue, Jun 18 - Cape May Cafe-Dinner
    Wed, Jun 19 - Crystal Palace-Dinner
    Thu, Jun 20 - Garden View Tea
    Fri, Jun 21 - Yachtsman Steakhouse-Dinner*
    Sat, Jun 22 - Cape May Cafe-Breakfast
    Sun, Jun 23 - Trails End-Dinner*
    Mon, Jun 24 - Boma-Breakfast & Ragland Road-Dinner*
    Tue, Jun 25 - 'Ohana-Dinner
    Wed, Jun 26 - Liberty Tree Tavern-Lunch*
    Thu, Jun 27 - Via Napoli-Lunch*
    Fri, Jun 28 - Crystal Palace-Breakfast

We are so excited about going. There are a few new restaurants we plan to try as well as some old favorites. All ADR's have been made where possible. We are trying Yachtsman for the first time instead of Le Cellier. DW also wants to try Via Napoli and Ragland Road. LTT for lunch is new, have had dinner there before. Thinking about all this food is making me hungry for it. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Rose & Crown is one of our favorites. I cannot wait to eat there again. Below is the list of our ADR's for our June trip:

(*First Time)
    Sun, June 16 - Beaches & Cream on Father's Day (I am getting the Kitchen Sink)
    Mon, Jun 17 - Rose & Crown-Dinner
    Tue, Jun 18 - Cape May Cafe-Dinner
    Wed, Jun 19 - Crystal Palace-Dinner
    Thu, Jun 20 - Garden View Tea
    Fri, Jun 21 - Yachtsman Steakhouse-Dinner*
    Sat, Jun 22 - Cape May Cafe-Breakfast
    Sun, Jun 23 - Trails End-Dinner*
    Mon, Jun 24 - Boma-Breakfast & Ragland Road-Dinner*
    Tue, Jun 25 - 'Ohana-Dinner
    Wed, Jun 26 - Liberty Tree Tavern-Lunch*
    Thu, Jun 27 - Via Napoli-Lunch*
    Fri, Jun 28 - Crystal Palace-Breakfast

!
    I just smiled with every choice you made. So yummy
    **Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Still have several weeks so this may change but our initial plan for 15 day is....

Crystal Palace lunch (tradition) DS choice
    Teppan Edo (dinner) DDs favourite
    Sci-Fi Diner (lunch) DDs choice
    Be Our Guest (dinner) new to us, DDs choice
    Raglan Road (dinner) DHs choice
    Kouzzina (dinner) new to us, DHs choice
    Rose and Crown (dinner) my choice, partly for Illuminations convenience
    Boma (dinner) my choice
    Ohana (dinner) my choice
    Mama Melroses (dinner) best of poor DHS pickings for Fantasmic package
    Garden Grill (dinner) DS choice
    Artist Point (dinner) new to us, DHs choice
    Coral Reef (lunch) DS choice
    1900 Park Fare (breakfast) DS choice. He is more into the food than the characters here!

So what do you think?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Still have several weeks so this may change but our initial plan for 15 day is....

Boma (dinner) my choice
    Ohana (dinner) my choice
    1900 Park Fare (breakfast) DS choice. He is more into the food than the characters here!

So what do you think?
    Except for Boma, Great choices!
    Chris

Blog Entries

Nice selections, Scoobydooby! I see you've been able to somewhat limit your buffets!

Have you done Saana yet? And you know Artist's Point is a signature (2 credits), right?

When my sister and I went to Kouzzina we didn't have the greatest service, but hopefully that is a problem they've since corrected. (At one point, we got some attention only because one of the chef's was dining with her mother and uncle, and we were right in her line of sight. I don't know if SHE said something to a server, or if a server noticed and didn't want her to notice that we were well done eating and hadn't had our plates cleared.) This was a few years back, though.

Cathy

Yes I know about 2 credits at Artist Point. This is one concession to me and DH really! Sanaa is a thought. We have access to a lot of great curry in the UK but that menu looks pretty good. And yes. Hardly any buffets left now! We do all like Crystal Palace and it has sentimental value for me too. It's also a bit of a tradition to do a character breakfast the day we fly home and DS really likes this one. It's the omelette station. I am not too set on Kouzzina but DH is. We were booked there last summer and cancelled so he's trying again!

Chris I think I am changing Boma. Not sure what to though.....maybe Sanaa. We did enjoy it several trips ago though.

Blog Entries
    Yes I know about 2 credits at Artist Point. This is one concession to me and DH really!
    Good for you!
    Sanaa is a thought. We have access to a lot of great curry in the UK but that menu looks pretty good.
    I almost said something along those lines when I mentioned it! They have some nice cocktails there, too, if you're interested at the time!
    Cathy

Except for Boma, Great choices!
    You don't like Boma? Why?
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    You don't like Boma? Why?
    Dan,

I will take my quote from my trip report back in 2011.

Boma - F - Plain and simply we hated it! Food was bland and tasteless. We are foodies and wanted to try it, heard great things, but not one of us liked it at all. I ended up getting a hamburger from Pecos Bill's later because I was so hungry. It was a beautiful place, but this one we will never go back to.

Not one of us liked the food. It was terrible. Bland, and didn't really like the selection. Service was fine and decor beautiful. Plain and simple, we hated the food. Hey just our opinion. Could they have had an off night? Sure. But hard to believe even on an off night everything would be that bad. No one in this family is ready to give it another shot right now. Too many other places to try and hit old favorites again.
    Chris

As always, go with your own experience. I've had 3 meals at Boma, and every one of them was nothing short of excellent, especially the incredible soups. But if it's not working for you, there are plenty of other places to try!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Boma (dinner) my choice
    Ohana (dinner) my choice

So what do you think?
    scoobydooby,

After thinking about my initial response, I think it came off a bit curse, and that was not my intent and I apologize. If you like Boma and got it, I am happy for you!! We just didn't have a good experience and that was just my opinion on the place.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    As always, go with your own experience. I've had 3 meals at Boma, and every one of them was nothing short of excellent, especially the incredible soups. But if it's not working for you, there are plenty of other places to try!
    Exactly Dan. I know a lot of folks love that place and have great meals. It just went real south on us. And that was our experience. And aren't you and I the only ones here that really like Coral Reef? One of our favorites and hitting it again in February.
    Chris

scoobydooby,

After thinking about my initial response, I think it came off a bit curse, and that was not my intent and I apologize. If you like Boma and got it, I am happy for you!! We just didn't have a good experience and that was just my opinion on the place.

Exactly Dan. I know a lot of folks love that place and have great meals. It just went real south on us. And that was our experience. And aren't you and I the only ones here that really like Coral Reef? One of our favorites and hitting it again in February.
    That's no problem Actually has done me a favour as encouraged me to re look at Yak and Yeti and think we will give that a try. It's new for us and will be more convenient for our day too. I did like Boma but its not my favourite.

And if anyone had asked about Hollywood and Vine I'd have been equally as blunt!

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I've done Boma once, and it was just ok. We are very adventurous eaters, so it wasn't the selection. Of course, you all know I'm not a buffet person, so that undoubtedly added to my "eh" factor. They had wonderful African hot teas, though!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

That's no problem Actually has done me a favour as encouraged me to re look at Yak and Yeti and think we will give that a try. It's new for us and will be more convenient for our day too. I did like Boma but its not my favourite.

And if anyone had asked about Hollywood and Vine I'd have been equally as blunt!
    Cool! And noted about Hollywood and Vine. We are not big buffet folks either unless it's a character meal.
    Chris

We ate at Hollywood and Vine back in 2009. I am looking for my notes on that restaurant. I, do, remember noting that we had to ask people who were some of the characters because our children were older and did not watch Disney Jr. I also remember that it was a decent meal. Nothing great, but not bad either.

1/25 Sci Fi Cafe dinner (7:45 even though the park closes at 7!!)
    1/26 Chefs de France (DH's favorite)
    1/27 Yak & Yeti (fried green beans for lunch!)

Jenn
    Who moved to SoFl to be closer to WDW