Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for August 27 - September 2, 2012
    17,000 runners expected for Disneyland Half Marathon weekend | Annual Passholder movie night at Disneyland | Police looking for additional victims in Disneyland ticket scam | Short term parking lot to be closed |This and That...

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're reporting that DCA doesn't open until 10:00 on Saturday -- the Disneyland Website still lists a 9:00am open (with no early admission hours). Is the DL website usually wrong less than a week out???

Cathy

Utah's UEA (Fall Break)is indeed Oct 18-19, however, one of the largest school districts (Alpine) has its fall break Oct 11-15. I'm curious to see what this new change will do to the tradition of "Utahans Entering Anaheim."

Seriously - Disney's charging people to watch the racers in the Park or at the finish line? As a shareholder, I appreciate them trying to generate extra revenue, but as a fan, this is getting ridiculous...

Hacker, nonmammaltarian, Warrior Andrew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schnebs View Post
    Seriously - Disney's charging people to watch the racers in the Park or at the finish line? As a shareholder, I appreciate them trying to generate extra revenue, but as a fan, this is getting ridiculous...
    They will charge what the market will bear, plus a certain percentage on top for a "premium experience", for anything and everything. That's what they do.
    --
    Andrew [

Buy my stuff on Amazon! (books, DVDs, etc) - all proceeds go to Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training fundraising!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like Andrew said, there are people who will pay it. Besides, there are plenty of other places to cheer.
    Cathy

To be honest, there is very limited space available inside DL for spectators. They can't let people spread out throughout the park because then they'd have to round everyone up and get them out before the park opens. DCA has a lot more space available, but the Esplanade is just as good to watch for loved ones. I don't really have an issue with this policy. In my opinion, the bigger issue for the Disneyland half is the limited access to the finish for those who don't have a package.