Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Things I Always Pack for My Walt Disney World Vacation

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: My Disney Top 5 - Things I Always Pack for My Walt Disney World Vacation

My Disney Top 5 - Things I Always Pack for My Walt Disney World Vacation by Chris Barry

Chris Barry returns with another Disney Top 5

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Another must have for our family...ziploc baggies! We put our phones in them while riding Splash and Kali. We put dry socks/shirts in them and then we switch them out with the wet ones after the ride or if it has just rained so much and we feel yucky from being under the ponchos. We put any leftover snacks that can save until later.

Great article...as always! Thanks!

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney ~
    1982 Off-site, BC 9/01, ASMo 1/04, ASMu 8-9/08, POFQ 4/09, BC/POR 7/10, AKL and Wyndham Grand Resort at Bonnet Creek 7&8/12, CS 11/12, Disney Dream 3/13, POR and BW 12/13-1/14, Pop Century 7/14, Fort Wilderness 8/15, POR/AoA (MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival 10/15), Fort Wilderness 7/16, Off-site 12/16

Something we never forget (aside from zip-top bags) is hand sanitizer. We bring several travel-size bottles, and we always have one in either the backpack or someone's pocket.

We did bring snacks and cereal in the past, but since we're always in a DVC villa, we find that we always make a trip to the grocery store on the first day for milk, bottled water and some other stuff, so we just buy everything a Publix and don't worry about carrying anything extra to the airport.

Liked the article! some times we drive and some times we fly from Maryland. When we drive like our upcoming trip we will bring a case of water with us. The Security guys love us though cause while we bring a backpack. It's Clear and only takes a glance. We have found at sporting events and other places a clear backpack has worked out great and has gone through most security checks with a breeze.

Also don't forget to make a list and check it twice!

Chris, I'm almost always in agreement with your lists, but this one didn't click with me. I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference, as well as the difference between traveling with kids or alone.

You say there are two types of people - wallet people and money clip people. I actually combine the two types. I keep my folding cash in a side pocket (no money clip) and my cards in a wallet. Haven't been robbed of either (knock on the wood!).

I don't ever bring cereal along, as I either eat breakfast at a park or hotel restaurant or do without and eat an early lunch. I will have a few snacks for those afternoon naptimes, though!

I'd say when it comes to raingear, there are two types of people - poncho people and umbrella people. I'm definitely in the umbrella camp. I've tried the poncho before, and I just don't like having to get in and out of a wet piece of plastic. The umbrella just folds up nicely, and I've found that I don't really mind carrying it around when it's not raining.

I never, ever carry a backpack. I don't have that much stuff to bring along.

I'm right there with you on the comfy shoes, though! I've had some foot trouble over the years, and a park like Epcot becomes a big ol' HUGE place when you're limping from country to country. I've gotten to the point where I'm even extra careful for a couple weeks before a vacation - don't want the feet to slow me down!

So of course I'm not saying that you're wrong in your list - just that for the most part it doesn't apply to me.

Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor