Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Details of new Extra Magic Hours schedule and Annual Passholder Early Entry offer

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    So I went to the web page and a pop up window appeared asking for my birthdate. I just thought it was an ad so I closed it. Appearantly it wasn't. Now i'm not eligible.
    I will have to try again tonight from my home computer.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can anyone tell me what dates are open for what parks the Fri/Sat before Labor day, please.
    (I know I'm not going to be able to take advantage, but trying to decide if I need to get a hopper first so I can do the regular MM and then upgrade- and I need to know if they're messing with the days that weekend, like they often do).

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what dates are open for what parks the Fri/Sat before Labor day, please.
    (I know I'm not going to be able to take advantage, but trying to decide if I need to get a hopper first so I can do the regular MM and then upgrade- and I need to know if they're messing with the days that weekend, like they often do).
    Oh shoot I should of looked for you Cathy. Im sorry. :-( I just registered DH and I for Sunday the 24th of June at DCA and Monday September 3 for DL for all three of us. Im sure DD will be "thrilled" to be at DL at 7 am!! LOL!!

I cant go back in to look either. Once you sign up for your days it locks you out. Oh wait I can look with DDs pass. Be right back.....

ETA I could only look at DCA since she was already registered at DL. There are no EE for pass holders on Labor Day weekend at this moment for DCA. :-(

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it seemed to me that all dates were still available. The whole thing starts at june 18 to Sep 13. I just registered an hour ago and it appeared that ALL dates were still available. Remember that DCA is Sun-Tu-Th-Sat; Disneyland is Mon-Wed-Fri.

for review the info site is here - http://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/early-entry/

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I want to register for July 28th, but my current pass expires on July 21st. I bought a new PAP before the price increase that I will be activating on July 25th, but I still haven't received a confirmation email, so I don't have an AP number to use. Will I be able to register?

ETA - In other words, will I be able to register using my current AP number and then get into the event using my new AP?

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Oh please help! My head is freaking spinning here, I swear I see totally contradicting info.

The Trips: Grandrents are taking my kids/niece/nephew (5 kids total) to DLand July 15th-20th range (dates slightly flexible) for 3 days. Grandrents are PAPs, kids will all be on hoppers. I can't figure out if they will all be able to do E/E on the same day (actually they HAVE to because the kids aren't going in without adults) and preferrably to DCA for Carsland if that is possible. Will this work or not?

Teddi ~ Wife to Rob. Mom to Bert 14, Chloe & Kaylie 9
    1st trip to WDW 2013: Jan 28-Feb 6 Cabins@ Fort Wilderness & Villas @ AKL Kidani
    2013 May 11 - 18, Boardwalk Inn CL, Great-Grandma's 1st trip
    DLR 2013: Feb 20-22: DLH, April 2-4: offsite June: 18-22, Paradise Pier
    2014: DLR May 24 - 27, Paradise Pier

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Teddi,

The Annual Passholder and Extra Magic Hours days are at different parks each day, and Magic Mornings for people with Park Hoppers is ONLY at Disneyland.

So, Annual Passholders and people with Park Hoppers have Disneyland access on different days: APs get Monday, Wednesday, Friday; PHs get the other four days.

In DCA, Hotel Guests get access on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; APs get the other four days.

A group consisting of a mix of APs and PHs will never have access to the same park on the same day. Non-APs only have DCA access if they are staying on property.

I hope this helps. I know it's not the answer you want.

Adrienne

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    ETA I could only look at DCA since she was already registered at DL. There are no EE for pass holders on Labor Day weekend at this moment for DCA. :-(
    THANKS! That actually answers the heart of my question. I may get a park hopper and (maybe) upgrade to premier and take advantage of whichever day is MM in DL. (The announcement of the WDW MA date changes my calcs on if a premier is the best bet for me)
    Cathy

That's bad news for more than just Teddi!

So, whatever you call "it", "it" will occur 7 days per week at Disneyland Park.

Those who don't have "it" now have absolutely no chance to get into the park before parts of it are already packed.

Bleh!

Blog Entries

What type of admission media to you use, corona, that you wouldn't have at least "it" one day?

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    What type of admission media to you use, corona, that you wouldn't have at least "it" one day?
    I think corona is talking about DCA early entry. Though I don't think you can compare DL MM crowds to DCA early entry crowds because they are more limited. Likely, the AP early entry days will have less people already in the park at public opening.

no mystery - not holding an AP, not using a 3+ PH, not staying at a Disneyland Hotel ...

and the previous post specifically stated Disneyland Park

I repeat

Bleh!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by corona View Post
    not using a 3+ PH
    Ah, see this idea is foreign to me since I have to fly a couple thousand miles to get there, going for just 2 days makes no sense! (My one-way airfare is more expensive than a 4 day hopper, even at the new prices).

I agree Bleh! Good word for it!
    Cathy

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI, DCA times for EMH's for APs are earlier than I expected. I registered for a Sunday in June and EMH starts at 7am! Usually DCA doesn't open until 10am so I'm not sure if we'll have three hours of EMH or the park will open earlier.

ETA: I just answered my own question. DCA will be opening at 8am starting 6/16. I'm not sure why they wouldn't open at 8am on the 15th too. It's going to be a crazy house that day.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    FYI, DCA times for EMH's for APs are earlier than I expected. I registered for a Sunday in June and EMH starts at 7am! Usually DCA doesn't open until 10am so I'm not sure if we'll have three hours of EMH or the park will open earlier.

ETA: I just answered my own question. DCA will be opening at 8am starting 6/16. I'm not sure why they wouldn't open at 8am on the 15th too. It's going to be a crazy house that day.
    I'm guessing that they are opening 'late' on the 15th so the suits don't have to get up as early for the "official" ceremonies and that Car's land won't open to the public until the ceremonies are done. So open the park later and people are annoyed for a shorter period of time.

I'm curious what the cap will be for AP holders and how that will compare to the early entry for hotel guests. For Disneyland, I would probably recommend going on an early admission day for AP holders and if possible on Wednesday between July and Mid-August. The So Cal and So Cal Select passholders are blocked those days so it would just be the Deluxe and the Premiums who could be there. I have no idea what the cap is or the general interest level but from my very small sample size, there is a significantly reduced interest in getting up early to go to Disneyland on a weekday than to check out the new stuff at CA Adventure.

It may still be bleh, but I think it can be managed.

Registration open

Got the email to get in early for AP holders, however it is not recognizing my passes.... says to call. Now it won't even open. Is my only option to call? Anyone else getting this error? Thanks

Blog Entries

so here;s a question. I am the only pass holder in my house, so I can't do this. However, I noticed when you register that you can only register once, and invite up to 7 more guests (or is it 8 more). I did not find anywhere on the rules where it said those AP holders also "used up" their one time entry. Did I miss it? in other words, let's say two familes are buddies and they both have four members in their households, all pass holders. Dad and Mom for each family are the only ones over 18. So - technically - these two families could register for four (4) early entries into the parks. (one each for DCA and DL). am I reading that right? if you're local you can take advantage of that?

I really don't want to blow this up into another thread like the Price Increase thread - but I was thinking yesterday as I was registering, and the thought about when to go, crowd anticipation after EE, etc.

Can someone maybe confirm if I am right or wrong? thanks..

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I did not find anywhere on the rules where it said those AP holders also "used up" their one time entry. Did I miss it?
    It's not explicitly called out, but it's covered in the FAQ:

Someone else registered me as part of their group for Annual Passholder Early Entry at Disneyland Park/Disney California Adventure Park. Can I register again? If you have been previously registered for an Annual Passholder Early Entry event from June 18 through September 13, 2012, whether at Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park, your Annual Passport will no longer be qualified for additional registrations of this event at the same Park for the remainder of this period.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    It's not explicitly called out, but it's covered in the FAQ:
    thanks for pointing it out. too many things to "read" these days...

Just registered for the July 22 DCA Early Entry. I figure the crowds are going to be bad all summer, so we'll just get there as early as possible, make the most of it, and suck it up!

Ok, I am getting flustered. I am on hold with AP to try to register for the early entry. They told me that my daughters pass can't be registered because she has not been to the park since I renewed it last week.... funny thing I have not either! So why her and not me, and since when do I need to activate a pass I didn't let expire and I did not do the whole voucher thing? I live in Utah, if they say I can't do it till I use my pass once? Anyone have ideas....

Now they are saying they can't figure out why my daughters pass won't register... I am wondering if this will be a huge mess

Ok, finally. The Customer Service guy was excellent. It took 30 minutes but they figured it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berit76 View Post
    Ok, finally. The Customer Service guy was excellent. It took 30 minutes but they figured it out.
    Any hints if someone else has to call and they're having problems - to point the Customer Service people in the right direction?

Glad you got it straightened out!!!
    Cathy

Blog Entries

I decided to wait until Aug 7th. too many things with summer responsibilities in July so I had to choose a further date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcofan View Post
    So I went to the web page and a pop up window appeared asking for my birthdate. I just thought it was an ad so I closed it.
    My bff did the same thing with the same result, but was able to call the AP number and register that way. (Fortunately she warned me before I even tried.)

Sort of related - I renewed our PAPs last week at the park and have the new passes in hand. The AP website shows our new renewal dates (7/17/13) but our old, invalid barcode numbers. The site won't let me update them. The AP CM said I'd have to use the "contact us" email to try to fix it. So far, no response. Yikes!
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!