Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite pool at Walt Disney World?

Starspeeder 3000 Technician

Your favorite pool at Walt Disney World?

Being a DVC member, we have never used our pool hopping perk. According to the DVC website, 'Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy.'

So, if you could pool hop to any WDW resort pool, which would it be? What is your favorite and why? We were thinking about hopping over to the Polynesian Resort's volcano pool this next visit.

So?

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I could hop to any it would be Stormalong Bay. Hands down. No question.

Granted that's not available to you in the DVC hopping perk. Can you go to ANY pool, or just the DVC pools?

Cathy

The Volcano Pool at the Poly. No question! It has great theming, the Waterslide is awesome! And you have great views overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon!

Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Starspeeder 3000 Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    If I could hop to any it would be Stormalong Bay. Hands down. No question.

Granted that's not available to you in the DVC hopping perk. Can you go to ANY pool, or just the DVC pools?
    Any pool, minus the listed exceptions.

Port Orleans Riverside. That's a great pool. Then Port Orleans FQ is only next door too and isn't a stand out pool, but it's also a good pool.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff

Have to agree with the previous posters, the Polynesian volcano pool is quite awesome and spending a few hours between the Riverside main pool, a quiet pool in Alligator Bayou and then a quiet pool in Magnolia Bend and then hopping the boat over to the French Quarter pool sounds like a fun afternoon, and you can get 3-4 pools in one shot.

The Wilderness Lodge pool is beautiful, but we thought it was just a little bit small for the size of the resort.

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

POFQ is my favorite. I love the water slide!!! At night, we found the pool to be so peaceful with the background music...2nd would be AKL pool. I love the theme and swimming in the center of the pool, looking around and feeling so engulfed in the Resort.

Stephanie

Stormalong Bay!! We had such an amazing time there. We felt very spoiled and would have a hard time staying anywhere else.

The scary clown slide at the Boardwalk is alot of fun too!!! ;-)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

But that one freaks me out!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Think of it this way. There will probably be plenty of room in the pool for your family if you can tolerate the creepy clown. (I think many guests are scared of it!)
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    Think of it this way. There will probably be plenty of room in the pool for your family if you can tolerate the creepy clown. (I think many guests are scared of it!)
    So what spoiled it for you? Steven King's IT or Poltergeist? Those two made me dislike clowns but not enough to stay away from the Boardwalk! ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    So what spoiled it for you? Steven King's IT or Poltergeist? Those two made me dislike clowns but not enough to stay away from the Boardwalk! ;-)
    I've never liked clowns. Poltergeist didn't bother me (I don't even remember clowns) and I never saw IT. I just don't like clowns. I guess I was anti-makeup in my youth? (I've recovered from that, but not clowns.)
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Pretty much same as bennette......maybe Insane Clown Posse too? LOL...

I want to stay at the Poly, if only to try out that volcano pool!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries
    I had never head of them until looking them up just now. Now I'm doubly scared. I won't even be able to visit the Hotel!

Thanks Tina.

[/derail]

I want to stay at the Poly, if only to try out that volcano pool!
    I love the Poly for the ambiance and the Kona Cafe and the down stairs gift shop is one of my favorites.

So maybe someday I can pool hop over there. Since we are DVC members and would more than likely only stay at a DVC resort I don't think we will ever get a chance to stay at the Poly.

Just because of the creepy clown I would never swim in BW pool!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

I *totally* love the Luna Park pool at the Boardwalk!!
    And I love the volcano pool at the Poly.
    If I said I didn't love Stormalong Bay, I don't know if I'd ever be able to post on Mousepad again...

(But I will say the pool that left me underwhelmed was at Coronado Springs. YMMV.)

I'm not aware of DVC privileges for pool hopping onsite (but I'm not a DVC member nor do I play one on TV). I do know, though, that last spring break, while we were at the Poly, cast members were asking to see guests' room keys to prove they were Poly guests. And a few people had to leave. I think that would be horribly embarrassing.

Mary@MasterpieceTravels.com

Gravity release me... tappenfeat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Years ago, we used to pool hop. Not anymore. And I'm glad they enforced it. Fair is fair.

Stephanie

No you're right, I couldn't pool hop to the Poly. I could pool hop at DVC pools but there's lots of restrictions and certain pools aren't open for hopping as mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by mkraemer View Post
    (But I will say the pool that left me underwhelmed was at Coronado Springs. YMMV.)
    As much as I love Coronado Springs, I have to agree with you. It's a beautiful pool with an OK slide, but there's no deep end - just 2 to 3 feet of water everywhere. Very strange.
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    As much as I love Coronado Springs, I have to agree with you. It's a beautiful pool with an OK slide, but there's no deep end - just 2 to 3 feet of water everywhere. Very strange.
    I didn't know that. That is disappointing! Can't wait to try out the pools at WL this July!
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Ooh we won't stay there now then! My children would be filling it up with buckets!!!

I was really disappointed, as the layout of the pool is really cool, and it seems to have a nice slide as well as a large Aztec style stairstep waterfall. But not having a deep end at all was surprising.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Actually I believe it is more like 5 feet at the deepest, about armpit level for me. I liked the shallowness if it because my husband and I could let my daughter loose and not worry. She loved the slide, especially the spitting jaguar.