Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disneyland Resort Update

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Disneyland Resort Update

Disneyland Resort Update by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    Update for January 9 - 15, 2012
    New discount ticket offers for Spring 2012 | Refurbishment season begins with Matterhorn makeover | Dining on Main Street, U.S.A. | Winter entertainment schedule | This and That... | Crowd Forecast

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Sailing Ship Columbia – closed January 23 through February 17 for refurbishment.
    Fantasmic! – on hiatus at least January 23 through February 17 due to the Sailing Ship Columbia refurbishment, but may return even later in the spring.
    The Sailing Ship Columbia & F! hiatus has essentially begun already effective Jan. 9. The Official Calendar has Columbia on the refurb list every day in January (starting on the 9th) and February and not coincidentally Fantasmic! is not featured as entertainment anywhere on the calendar up to and following January 23.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

matterhorn refurb

My 3 year old will be crushed if she is no longer allowed to ride due to a new height rule.
    Not sure I agree with the theory that capacity will improve since most groups are 4 or more and alot of people enjoyed riding together in the old style seats just as you would sledding. I will try and stay positive. The only thing I would have changed on the bobsleds would have been making the seatbelt not being able to unbuckle until the ride has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanMouse View Post
    My 3 year old will be crushed if she is no longer allowed to ride due to a new height rule.
    Not sure I agree with the theory that capacity will improve since most groups are 4 or more and alot of people enjoyed riding together in the old style seats just as you would sledding. I will try and stay positive. The only thing I would have changed on the bobsleds would have been making the seatbelt not being able to unbuckle until the ride has stopped.
    How tall is your 3 year old? Keep in mind the rides won't be up for another 5-6 months so there is time for another growth spurt. My daughter couldn't ride the 40" rides right at 3 years, but I blinked and now she can. I am hoping that they don't raise the requirement more than 40". It will be hard enough if some kids need to grow 5", making it more than that is almost cruel.

The Matterhorn is the ride my daughter chooses most often when I let each kid pick their "one ride." I feel a little bit bad that I didn't let/make her go on it when we were last there, even though I knew it would be closing soon. I was hoping to go back when it wasn't insanely crowded but we never made it.

Once again another great update. I personally believe that the newly designed bobsleds for the Matterhorn will reduce the ride capacity.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan

I'm really disappointed to hear that Compass Books will be closing. It's the only store I visit consistently at the DLR, and it's always been a great place to buy Disney-related books. Being able to grab lunch at Earl of Sandwich will be nice if the rumors are true, but I'd rather have a bookstore!