Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tater and Family’s WDW Christmas Adventure 12/15/2011-12/21/2011

First, I really love reading your trip report. Second, sorry about your toe. That really sucks. Third, if it had been me, I probably would have gone out if I had been that stoked! LOL But you probably did the right thing. AND fourth! Just because you didn't do it THIS trip, doesn't mean you can't do it the next. So... Just start planning your next visit, whether it is in a few months or a few years.. it never hurts to plan!

Shelley
    DLR '80, '05, '06, '07(x2), '09, '14, '15, '16; WDW '97, '10, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16; DCL '13, '16

2. # ADS

Loved the pot pie with whipped cream so gross!

I also loved the Dinosaur Picture! I always cover either my eyes or my ears.

Formerly tinkinparis

OUCH on the toe...I know your Dr. said that it doesn't look like you broke it but I have to say It really looks broken. Not that I'm an expert, last year I broke my elbow and thought it was just sprained! My elbow never looked like that though!

Love your pictures!

Great report!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrosedtxn View Post
    First, I really love reading your trip report. Second, sorry about your toe. That really sucks. Third, if it had been me, I probably would have gone out if I had been that stoked! LOL But you probably did the right thing. AND fourth! Just because you didn't do it THIS trip, doesn't mean you can't do it the next. So... Just start planning your next visit, whether it is in a few months or a few years.. it never hurts to plan!
    Thank you! I do plan to go back someday, just don't know when. I'm always planning a trip in my mind, DH only gets worried when I start talking about it out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkaparis View Post
    Loved the pot pie with whipped cream so gross!

I also loved the Dinosaur Picture! I always cover either my eyes or my ears.
    Trouble covered his ears, he doesn't like how loud it is and I still jump when the TRex is there. I wish I had a photo of the look on Trouble's face when he figured out it was his leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jennibell View Post
    OUCH on the toe...I know your Dr. said that it doesn't look like you broke it but I have to say It really looks broken. Not that I'm an expert, last year I broke my elbow and thought it was just sprained! My elbow never looked like that though!

Love your pictures!

Great report!
    Thanks Jenni, I was worried I was putting to many photos in the report. They say more than I can ever express in words, I'm not a fan of seeing myself and wish the toe photo was smaller. You never notice how chubby your little piggies are until it is blown up in full color. I did get an x-ray, they said it wasn't broken. I don't have as much pain now, but the end is still a slight shade of purple and it feels sometimes like that toe is pushed under the one next to it. But I'm sure that it is just the nerves and will get better over time. For just a small part of the body, it sure does aggravate the rest of me a lot.
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

It's amazing how important toes are to our overall well being. Especially since they are so easily damaged by table legs, stairs, and stray legos!

I have enjoyed your TR! I LOVE all the pictures. I think it completes the story! Sorry about your toe - ouch! Hope it heals soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell2011 View Post
    I have enjoyed your TR! I LOVE all the pictures. I think it completes the story! Sorry about your toe - ouch! Hope it heals soon.

Thanks, I have a lot more photos to share. I just need to finish the TR.
    WDW 2008 off-site, WDW 2010 Polynesian (Club), WDW Polynesian Dec 15-21 2011 (Club), WDW WL Nov 20-Nov 27 2014

Thanks for the trip report so far, Tater - really enjoying it. I can sympathize with being in your room, so tired, but still wanting to make the most out of your vacation and GET BACK IN THOSE PARKS! I've been in the parks on evenings when I'd planned on staying late, but I'm just drrraaagggggiinnngggg myself around. And I finally face up to the fact that I'm FREAKIN' TIRED and just want to go back to my room. The heart wants to stay and do park stuff, but the rest of the body wants to go to sleep!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Now I had talked to Hannahbelle and knew she had ressies at I think 12:30 pm, so I was looking around and waiting for a text to let me know where she was. But we were heading out the door and I had not heard from her. I did pass this blond lady that had on a lanyard with so many pins she should have fallen over. I thought, I wonder if that was her.
    Bwahahaha!!! I didnt have that many! DFF4 and I really do need one of those fishing vests for our pins!! LOL!!!

It was great talking to you too! I seriously cant believe we forgot to get a pic! :-(

Your table at 50's PT was FAR better than ours......ours was not good at all.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Great Trip report but one quick note: I see a lot of notes about where you found prices for food (For example for Rose & Crown) and FYI, the MousePlanet WDW Guide has prices and menus WDW restaurants, too.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    Bwahahaha!!! I didnt have that many! DFF4 and I really do need one of those fishing vests for our pins!! LOL!!!
    OMG, we are turning in to crazy pin people HB! Bahahaha! I'm cracking up.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks for the trip report so far, Tater - really enjoying it. I can sympathize with being in your room, so tired, but still wanting to make the most out of your vacation and GET BACK IN THOSE PARKS! I've been in the parks on evenings when I'd planned on staying late, but I'm just drrraaagggggiinnngggg myself around. And I finally face up to the fact that I'm FREAKIN' TIRED and just want to go back to my room. The heart wants to stay and do park stuff, but the rest of the body wants to go to sleep!
    I'm glad you are enjoying my report. I know when I got over there I'd be limping around looking pitiful, then hating myself the next day. But next time... LOL

It was great talking to you too! I seriously cant believe we forgot to get a pic! :-(

Your table at 50's PT was FAR better than ours......ours was not good at all.
    Wow really, what table did you get? Oh and for the record, if you had enough pins on to make you stand out to me, then you have a lot of pins. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Great Trip report but one quick note: I see a lot of notes about where you found prices for food (For example for Rose & Crown) and FYI, the MousePlanet WDW Guide has prices and menus WDW restaurants, too.
    *face palm* well don't I feel silly. LOL I just wanted to put in name and prices, I should have checked here first. *note to self, ALWAYS CHECK MP FIRST*

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    No I do not have two books full of pins and a shadow box on the wall with my favs from our very first trip. No I'm not kicking myself for not finding the Poly Christmas pin. I really want a do over, and I would not get in the water. I'd sit in the shade with my Kindle. LOL

I'm enjoying your report! Sorry about the toe:-( it looks like it REALLY hurt. Under normal circumstances, WDW is hard in your skeletal system. With a damaged toe, I bet you were really hurting! Sounds like you didn't let it get you down though. I look forward to the remainder of the trip.

just can't get enough of disney

Quote Originally Posted by kangaandroo View Post
    I'm enjoying your report! Sorry about the toe:-( it looks like it REALLY hurt. Under normal circumstances, WDW is hard in your skeletal system. With a damaged toe, I bet you were really hurting! Sounds like you didn't let it get you down though. I look forward to the remainder of the trip.

I'm glad you like it, sorry it has taken a while to get to the next installment, but I'm going to post it now. You know you can never really keep a true Disney fan down for long. LOL

Day Six, 12/21/2012
    Tuesday

Our day started early, with everyone up at 7:00 am. While waiting for my guys to finish with showers and getting dressed I went to the Kona Caf to see if we could get in for breakfast. Since I was there right after they opened they were able to get us a table. I was seated and called DH to tell him to bring the boys.

I ordered a caf mocha while I waited, they didnt take long to join me. DH had the Kona coffee and both boys had juice. We started our meal off with one order of Tonga Toast, we split it 4 ways. I had The Somoan which is poached eggs with Hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash. Oh my gosh it was very yummy. DH had the 2 eggs your way, Shaggy had the Ham and cheese omelet and Trouble chose pancakes. We all left the table stuffed and very satisfied with our meal.

Next we were off to EPCOT, so far we really had not explored the World Showcase on this trip, to be honest the guys were not excited about this, but hey it was my trip too. DH didnt mind, but the boys are not so much into spending time waiting for me check out the shops. We walked over to the TTC and road the monorail.

We were early and the World Showcase was not open yet so we made a dash over to Mission Space. On the way we stopped to watch the performance of Jamminators, they were very entertaining.

Trouble and I were on the Green team, while DH and Shaggy went with the Orange. Our wait was shorter so we went to Club Cool, then to Mouse Gear, where Trouble showed me the hat he wanted. We didnt get it, but he sure looked cute in it.

My lil Grumpy

Finally DH and Shaggy caught up with us, we gave DH our key cards and he went to snag FP for Test Track and would catch up with us in the Showcase. We started walking on the UK side. Trouble was begging for me to let him get some fish & chips. I really dont know how he could eat, but he said he could. I gave him one of my gift cards and he got in line, which was already about 10 deep.

I didnt want to stand and wait, there wasnt any benches open. Shaggy and I did find a spot on the street that went to the International Gateway. We could still keep Trouble in eye sight if we walked up the hill a few feet and I could sit on one of the benches in the shade. It was nice a peaceful there, Shaggy kept an eye on Trouble for me. DH found the 3 of us sitting there when he came back.

I guess you all have figured out that I didnt keep notes so Im unsure of the amount of time spent doing some of these things. I did walk over to the Kim Possible pick up area and was told that our Kimmunicator could be picked up at 2:30 in Italy.

At this point I think we had about 2 hours to spend making our way around the world. Since Shaggy and Trouble really didnt want to look in the shops and said they were tired, we told them to stay together and walk ahead to Mexico, where they could find a nice shady bench to wait for us.

DH never tells me to hurry up, he doesnt really show any signs that he is bored and doesnt want to look through every nook and cranny with me. He just stands near the entrance or outside. Yeah that is lots of fun. So if I felt rushed or even mention that, he says, I didnt rush you, you had all the time you wanted.

We stopped in the Liberty Inn, there was a sign outside that mentioned a gingerbread house. So we stepped inside briefly and took some photos of it.

We made record time getting to Germany, where DH had no trouble going into the Werthers shop.

I love this shop, I picked out a milk chocolate covered, soft caramel square, and DH got the dark one. I called Trouble to see if they wanted anything. Trouble doesnt like caramel and Shaggy; you never have to ask him if he wants candy, the answer would always be yes. So we got him the same as I had gotten.

I tried to leave the shop, but the caramel apples just pulled me back. I got one of the apple pie ones for us to share; they cut it up for me. In the photo the kind of apple we picked is on the second shelf, to the right of the chocolate one with the big W on it.

DH and I decided to play a trick on Shaggy, we bought 1 piece of the little pre-wrapped caramels and planned to tell him that since he wasnt there to pick we just got him this kind of candy.

It didnt take us long to catch up with the boys, it was getting crowded and I just dont like being in the small shops with lots of other people. I dont feel I can really look at everything without being in someones way, it feels rushed and I wasnt looking to buy anything anyway. The four of us ended up sitting on a bench across from Duffys meet and greet spot. Where we just relaxed and people watched for a while.

Shaggy asked for his candy, I gave him the one little caramel; he just looked at me, then looked at the bag. He said we couldnt trick him, he wanted his candy. He is always is just a good mood and joking. When he snatched the bag from me, I wasnt angry with him, we just laughed as he took his big caramel and made off with the little one too.

Having seen several people walk by drinking yummy, icy margaritas I had to have one. Shaggy walked with me back to Mexico where the kiosk was located and DH stayed with trouble on the bench. I picked what I think was called Blue Midnight. It was very delicious.

On the way to get my drink, we passed the Wise men, so we snagged a photo though the crowd.

It was now about 2:15, so we all took the boat across to Italy to get our Kimmunicator. We had fun finding the clues; the only issue with the whole thing is there were several others doing the same thing. It kind of ruins it when you can see someone finding the clue in front of you. That and the crowd level was picking up. We did complete two missions before we returned the Kimmunicator in Paris.

We weren’t sure what we wanted to do next so we stopped at “our” benches at the International Gateway to take a break. I took my shoe off to let my foot rest as I propped it up on the bench. No one else was really around so we didn’t feel as if we were taking up all the space. I noticed that DH and Trouble decided that taking off their shoes was a good idea too. It does help relax tired feet faster. Poor Shaggy, a slave to fashion, has on high top lace up shoes. He didn’t want to go to all that trouble to take his off.

It was about this time we remembered our fast passes for Test Track, but it was way past time and I didn’t want to go use them since it was so far out of the return window. So we took the monorail back the TTC and walked back to the Poly. Trouble was begging to get in the pool, he had been in once this trip but the slide was closed. So I agreed to let him play for a little while, I sat with my foot resting in the chair next to me. I really cherish the time spent just watching Trouble play, going down the slide and just being a kid. Time goes way too quickly, my moments are slipping away. My boys are growing up, it isn’t fair and I’m not ready yet.

It took some convincing to get Trouble out of the pool and dressed so we could go to MK. We took the boat over, ending up arriving just before the parade was about to begin. The park would be open till 1:00 am; I planned to be one of the last out of the gates. To avoid the crowds we walked through the shops on the left side of the street, just taking our time and looking. You can guess how long this lasted with the guys. So they went on ahead to pick up FP for Splash Mt and BTMR, they called me not long after they left saying basically walk on to the rides.

So I moved at limp-warp speed to SM, where we ended up riding 2 times with no wait each time. Then we did the same at BTMR. We held on to the FP for BTMR to use later. It was getting close to I’m thinking it was 9:00 pm when the Magic, Memories and you was about to begin. So I left the guys to ride SM again and went back to the square hoping I could find us good spots to watch it. The parade had just ended but only a few people were leaving the area. I did however keep edging my way to a spot just behind Walt’s statue, dead center in front of the castle. Lots of people were sitting on the pavement, some on blankets.

The spot I found was rather large, enough room for the four of use to sit and see the show and the fireworks. I called DH and guided him to me, Trouble sat next to me with DH and Shaggy right behind us. Here are some of the photos I took. This hour of time was my most cherished out of the whole trip.

Photos after the fireworks started.

Trouble resting his head on my lap.

Shaggy sitting behind me.

DH sitting next to Shaggy, just behind me, he was putting his phone away. He did a video of Magic, Memories and you.

After the fireworks ended, we rode BTMR and HM. I had my hidden Mickey guide book so we spent some time looking for those, but by this time we were all just dragging, I was not about to cry uncle, I had more I wanted to do. We saw Mickey’s Philharmagic and rode the Carousel of Progress one last time. Our last ride in MK and at WDW was the People Mover.

I forced my guys to stop for 2 more photo ops before they managed to get me onto the boat and back to the Poly.

I try not to let my sadness show as I climbed back into the bed one last time, knowing that the next day we would leave and I had no idea when we would be back to my favorite place to play. The only saving grace was our flight wasn’t until 7:00 pm and we planned to spend the day at DTD, going to Disney Quest for the first time.

To be continued…

Quote Originally Posted by jennibell View Post
    It's amazing how important toes are to our overall well being. Especially since they are so easily damaged by table legs, stairs, and stray legos!
    I know right? Don't get me started on the legos and feet.

I will be getting the last day written up soon. Work has been crazy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunFamily4 View Post
    What?!?! Us?!? Its not like we buy them on Ebay just to have for trade. Oh wait.....hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Wow really, what table did you get? Oh and for the record, if you had enough pins on to make you stand out to me, then you have a lot of pins. LOL
    If you walked in to the right and made another right there was a room with about 4 to 6 tables and a couple TVs up in the corners. We had an "ok" experience. We heard alot of good things about it and left a little disappointed to be honest but we were still glad we tried it.

OK, maybe I had a lot of pins on but you saw my "Trader" Lanyard. LOL!! I have a "Cuties" one, a "Tinkerbell" one, a "WDW only" one, and a.......LOL!!!

some imagination, huh? DisneyFunFamily4's Avatar
    OK, maybe I had a lot of pins on but you saw my "Trader" Lanyard. LOL!! I have a "Cuties" one, a "Tinkerbell" one, a "WDW only" one, and a.......LOL!!!
    Sounds like you might need a pin trading vest for all those pins HB!

Tater, I'm loving the trip report! thanks for sharing.

NO VEST, thanks though. I like my "necklaces". ;-)

Love the report Tater!

So does your husband hate to get his picture taken, or does he always have that deer in the headlights look?

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    So does your husband hate to get his picture taken, or does he always have that deer in the headlights look?
    Out of all the photos and things I wrote, this is what you notice? LOL But honestly, it's like both DH and Trouble decided that their eyes were not open enough. Never in any of our photos from WDW or anywhere else has he done that, but there was more than one like that this trip. I mentioned it to him, but that was after the fact. With photo pass I couldn't see what he had done till we got home. I wanted to give him a "Gibbs" head smack.