Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: RIP: Disney Legend Wally Boag has died!

Unhappy RIP: Disney Legend Wally Boag has died!

My hubby told me the sad news tonite. Wally Boag, entertainer extraordinaire, has passed away. I don't know what the details are on it, but he is gone.

He was one of the most talented comedians I've ever seen perform live and had a hand in so many things Disney-related over the years. Steve Martin has said that Wally Boag was his inspiration for getting into comedy.

I remember seeing him at the Golden Horseshoe Revue when I was a kid, spitting out his "teeth" as Pecos Bill and singing with Betty Taylor as "Sluefoot Sue". I always loved to see him when he was featured on the Wonderful World of Color and the Mickey Mouse Club.

Karen W2

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Two Disney legends have died: Wally Boag (Pecos Bill) & Betty Taylor (Slue Foot Sue)

Yesterday I saw the sad news that Wally Boag, the original Pecos Bill from the Golden Horseshoe, had passed away. I just learned that his co-star Betty Taylor, the original Slue Foot Sue, has also died. Tim O'Day, who many of you probably know as a moderator from any number of Disney events and panel discussions, shared a link to this video of the duo at the 10,000th performance of the Golden Horseshoe Revue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Xei4RKDCM

May they both rest in peace.

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Unhappy And now Betty Taylor has too!

In another sad note, Betty Taylor, the woman who played "Sluefoot Sue" to Wally's "Pecos Bill" has passed away as well. She was also 91 years old.

Here's a link to the two of them and others in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Xei...layer_embedded

Thanks for all the great memories!

Karen W2

Lets add an additional Twilight Zone to this

Paul Winchell, voice of Tigger, died on 6/24/2005.

John Fiedler, the voice of Piglet, died on 6/23/2005

Wowiee wow wow

The Sarchasm -
    The gorge between my witty comment and you, who doesn't get it.