Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mal and MDM go Shopping! 11/19-11/21, 2010 - Fairfield

Blog Entries

Mal and MDM go Shopping! 11/19-11/21, 2010 - Fairfield

Where - Fairfield Inn
    Who - Mal, MDM, Belle, and Wei
    Why - To shop!

We had decided to leave as soon as school got out (MDM was teaching.) She was out at 1230pm. I needed to run to the bank to drop a deposit. Well, the customer gave us a counter check from a bank back east, so I spent 2 hours waiting to get approval so the bank wouldn't hold the check for 10 days. We finally hit the road at 3pm, arriving at the Fairfield at 810p. We checked in, dropped our stuff, adn headed to Buca di Food. We decided never to do this again with only 2 of us. Too much food, and we wouldn't have time to use it for left overs. Hit the sack.

Sat AM... We had ressies for Carnation Cafe, but due to rain that was cancelled. We needed to meet a friend to get a "Friends and Family" ticket to Company D, so we opted to head into the park and look around while we waited. As we passed through the turnstiles, IT STOPPED RAINING!! We headed to the Showcase, where we spot Pinnochio and Geppeto, so took the pup over to visit. Then MDM went over by the Showcase and sat on the bench to adjust the pups cape and up walks Mickey!! So puppy visited Mickey for a while. Headed to Riverbelle for breakfast. Our friend calls at 10 and says he will be at the 15 min parking at 1030. We chug breakfast and head to the parking area.

I met up with our friend, and he gives me 2 - 2 people tickets. Since my mom was with my SIL, we planned to pick her up and take her with us. But now we had 1 extra spot... A quick scan of my phone contacts to figure out who was close by, and we found Toocherie was available to join us! We met up at Company D, where there were deals to be had! Spent a couple hours shopping and got some great deals! Then went to lunch and had a great chat! Got back to the hotel about 3, so I headed in to see the flag retreat. I met up with my SIL and nephews and we watched the parade, then I headed to meet MDM for dinner at Cafe Orleans. Afterwards we met back up with SIL and brother and kids for an interesting evening..... Ended with hot chocolate and back to the room about 11.

Sunday, up and out for breakfast, a trip to Character Warehouse, a quick trip through Sees (to see how different it was, it wasn't) and headed home!

Quick, but fun!

Planning 3 trips at once...

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Oh, and in case someone besides us didn't know it, El Torito puts tomatoes in their Caesar Salads....

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Oh, and in case someone besides us didn't know it, El Torito puts tomatoes in their Caesar Salads....
    I've had other places do that, too. I don't have the aversion others do, but its just weird in a caesar salad.

Blog Entries
    It's a Mexican Caesar salad...which I think means "romaine lettuce plus whatever we feel like adding," right?
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries

I liked it, but SOMEONE ordered it not realizing it (and there were none in the pic) so didn't eat it. But the waiter noticed and brought her "just lettuce and dressing".

Blog Entries
    But the waiter noticed and brought her "just lettuce and dressing".
    No pepitas? Technically, they aren't nuts, they are seeds, but I'm not sure SOMEONE would care for them either.
    "The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennette View Post
    No pepitas? Technically, they aren't nuts, they are seeds, but I'm not sure SOMEONE would care for them either.
    I don't think there were any in her 2nd salad as I specifically said "Lettuce and dressing." But they were in mine, and she will eat pine nuts, so I think they would have been ok. But the tomatoes were there which halted everything.

We finally hit the road at 3pm, arriving at the Fairfield at 810p.
    Just out of curiosity, when you head down, do you drive I-5 or 99? I might see if Rochelle wants to do this sometime. Sounds like you had a productive trip!
    Siggy aka Jill

I don't think there were any in her 2nd salad as I specifically said "Lettuce and dressing." But they were in mine, and she will eat pine nuts, so I think they would have been ok. But the tomatoes were there which halted everything.
    LOL, someone needs to learn to just flick them out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when you head down, do you drive I-5 or 99? I might see if Rochelle wants to do this sometime. Sounds like you had a productive trip!
    Driving out to 5 is about 45 mins out of our way. We catch 99.

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    That still leaves the tomato juice behind, and the acidity gets to her.

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

I did flick the tomatoes off of the rest of my sonoran chicken enchilada and SOMEONE had no problem eating that. (In fact--liked it!)

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I liked it, but SOMEONE ordered it not realizing it (and there were none in the pic) so didn't eat it. But the waiter noticed and brought her "just lettuce and dressing".
    I did eat it. I took one bite and decided it was intolerable. I did not make a big production of it. The little seeds were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    Uh. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Toocherie View Post
    I did flick the tomatoes off of the rest of my sonoran chicken enchilada and SOMEONE had no problem eating that. (In fact--liked it!)
    Yes, that was very good.
    You drank my weights?!? ~MDM

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Siggy, from here it is really about the same. If you goggle it, one says the distance is a bit longer, the other gives the time as longer. They merge back together just past Bakersfield and just before you start climbing the grapevine. 99 has more stops/exits, but also more places to hit traffic. Both have a 70 MPH speed limit. 5 has more big rigs but the lack of exits means fewer places for merge points and traffic to back up. We take 5 usually. We came back 99 both of the last 2 trips, to stop at my fil's in Fresno.

Driving out to 5 is about 45 mins out of our way. We catch 99.
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    Siggy, from here it is really about the same. If you goggle it, one says the distance is a bit longer, the other gives the time as longer. They merge back together just past Bakersfield and just before you start climbing the grapevine. 99 has more stops/exits, but also more places to hit traffic. Both have a 70 MPH speed limit. 5 has more big rigs but the lack of exits means fewer places for merge points and traffic to back up. We take 5 usually. We came back 99 both of the last 2 trips, to stop at my fil's in Fresno.
    Thanks Candles and Malcon10t! I am going to see if I can talk my friend into driving down next month. We can spend a night visiting my folks and then get a couple of nights in Anaheim. I would love to go see the Christmas Decorations.
    Last edited by SigalTchelet; 11-23-2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Just saw Candles reply.
    Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    99 has more stops/exits, but also more places to hit traffic. Both have a 70 MPH speed limit. 5 has more big rigs but the lack of exits means fewer places for merge points and traffic to back up. We take 5 usually. We came back 99 both of the last 2 trips, to stop at my fil's in Fresno.
    Once we were coming back from DL and needed to meet up with my sister (we had her kids) in Santa Nella, so we took I-5. It was fine, until one in our party needed to use the restrooms, and it was probably 20 miles or more til we found one (and it was pretty gross according to MDM...) We like 99 where there are LOTS of places to stop when needed.