Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise aboard the Disney Magic

DVC Member - Bay Lake Tower

7 day Western Caribbean Cruise aboard the Disney Magic

My family and I just returned from a 7 day Disney Cruise and I just wanted to share some thoughts (and pictures) from it:

http://bit.ly/abNkEY

To summarize: it was fantastic. one of the best trips I have taken.

My family (myself, my wife, daughter 7 and son 4.5)

Thanks!

WDW 85, 92, 97, 00 (CB), 01 (AKL), 05 (ASM), 07 (FWC), 08 (CSR), 09 (V@WL), 09 (BLT), 10 (DCL Magic), 11 (GCV@DLR)

2. # ADS

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great time.

Loved your trip report.

So much so that we have decided it is TIME.

We are booked aboard the Wonder for next October 16. Even my husband who is sacrificing a week in Cabo or Puerta Vallarta is on board for a trip on the Wonder through the Mexican Riviera. The ship and what it offers is amazing!

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable.” Billy Graham

DVC Member - Bay Lake Tower

Thanks Rockchalker! At least for me, I didn't really know how great a cruise is until I actually took one. And Disney is the best (or so I have been told I have nothing else to compare it to). I am sure your Husband will have a fantastic time...

WDW 85, 92, 97, 00 (CB), 01 (AKL), 05 (ASM), 07 (FWC), 08 (CSR), 09 (V@WL), 09 (BLT), 10 (DCL Magic), 11 (GCV@DLR)

I cannot see the appeal of cruises at all (blah, blah, blah) (!) but I may be warming very slightly to the idea. Nice report. I enjoyed your perspective.

Thanks for sharing your cruise details! We are planning our first ever cruise next year on the Dream. I hope it lives up to my expectations. If your experience is any indication, it will! Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your trip report! I recently sailed on the Disney Magic out of NYC to Canada, and enjoyed my time quite a lot. Was your sailing out of NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymom5 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your cruise details! We are planning our first ever cruise next year on the Dream. I hope it lives up to my expectations. If your experience is any indication, it will! Thanks again for sharing!
    I was on the Dream last year. You'll love the ship. They have lots of activities available on board, and I love the Aqua Duck (water roller coaster on board the ship). We got lucky last year, as on our scheduled day for Castaway Cay, the weather wasn't the best. At about 5 pm after everyone was on board, the captain came over the speakers and surprised everyone, including the crew, that we were not going to have the last day as a day at sea, but rather, another day at Castaway Cay since the weather was supposed to better the next day (and it was).
    WDW - 10/06 POR, 10/07 BCR, 12/08 POR, 9/09 BWR, 12/10 YCR, 12/11 BWR, 12/12 BWR, 10/13 BWR
    DCL - 9/09 Eastern (Magic), 11/10 Western (Magic), 11/11 Bahamas (Dream), 8/12 Nowhere (Magic), 12/12 Eastern (Fantasy), 5/13 Caribbean (Wonder), 9/14 Southern (Magic), 2/16 Western (Wonder), 10/17 Canadian Coast (Magic)