Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: disneylandgirl - Oct. 8-9, 2010 - Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

disneylandgirl - Oct. 8-9, 2010 - Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Travel dates: Thurs. Oct. 7th and Sun. Oct. 10th
    Travel method: Car
    Resort: Disneyland Resort
    Accommodations: Holiday Inn on Manchester
    Ages Represented in Group: 22 (me), 50 (dad), and 57 (step-mom)
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: We've all been about a million times. ; )
    Comments: Last minute trip
    Cast of characters: Me, dad, step-mom who has a scooter. (we are all AP's)

So, on Tuesday of last week, my parents decided they were going to DL and asked if I wanted to go. I said, OF COURSE! I just bought my pass online a few weeks ago, so I was more than ready. We left San Luis Obispo county Thursday around 4. Drove down the 5, got to the hotel at about 10 pm. We were all asleep by midnight.

Friday, we got up super early and were at La Brae (I think that is how you spell it) at Downtown Disney having coffee by 7:15 am. We headed for DL at 8, and went straight for Indy! After Indy, we did Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash, and Winnie the Pooh. We all got SOAKED on spalsh. I had to sit in the front... of course. I wanted to go see if any kitties were out, so we headed to Hungry Bear. We saw two of them! They wouldn't let me pet them, but I got a few pictures. Then we headed to California Adventure to get picnic lunches and WoC fastpasses. The picnic lunch was pretty darn good, and it filled me up. While we were ordering, I noticed some cool light up bracelets. The cast member told me they were only for kids meals and couldn't be sold seperately. I kind of whined and said "well I'm a kid at heart". So I didn't think I would get one, but when we pulled our meals out of the bag there was on in there. So thanks to that cast member! The fastpasses were for the 10:15 show. After lunch we headed to Soarin', then over to Aladin. Man I love that show. Then back to DL. Dad and I did Space Mtn. Ghost Galaxy. He hasn't been on that in YEARS, so that was really fun for him. We also saw Captain EO. I have to say... I'm not really a fan. It was a little weird for me. But I'm glad I saw it once. We decided on Pizza Port for dinner. I really like their pasta. DL was about to close at 7 for Mickey's Halloween Party, so we headed back to CA. It was PACKED! If we hadn't gotten WoC fastpasses, we would have just went back to the hotel. But we did Tower of Terror (it took about 20 minutes just to get over there). After that, I wanted to wander by myself for a bit and check out TRON. It was pretty neat, would have been more fun if my friends were with me. I got a glowjito (really just for the cool light up ice cube), and headed back towards the pier to meet my parents for WoC. We sat in the handicap section, so not too many people. This was my first time seeing WoC, and it was AMAZING!!! Even better than I expected. After the show, we headed back to the hotel.

Saturday we slept in a little. We got to the resort about 10:30, had coffee, and headed inside DL. We took it much slower this day. Dad and I got FP for Space right away. The come back time was already at 6:30 pm. Then we asked about a tender ride on the train. While we were waiting, there was a very nice cast member named Vern who was chatting with us. I told him how I had just gotten a pass again, and he pulled out a button and told me to raise my right hand and repeat after him. I immediatly knew what I was getting!! I pledged that I would not cut in line, throw trash on the ground, and that I knew where the main gain was so I could leave at any time, and that DL is THE happiest place on Earth. Then he handed me my Honorary Citezen button! Oh my gosh, I was so excited!!! He totally made my day. We didn't get to do the tender ride (it would have been over an hour) so they put us down for the Lilly Belle at 4:30 later that day. So we went on Autopia, Nemo (only a 20 minute wait in the handicap line), and Small World. Then we headed to Frontierland to catch Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We got there right as they were ending a show, so of course I snatched one of the front side tables as soon as it was available! I was so excited, I didn't even care that we'd have to wait over an hour for the next show. We just hung out and people watched, I got some ice cream. At the show before, someone had proposed and there was a large group with them, so we watched all their happy faces. We watched the 3:15 show, and I had SO much fun!! I've ALWAYS wanted to sit at one of these tables. I LOVE the faces the main guys makes! He is just hilarious. After the show, we headed back to Main St. for our Lilly Belle ride. The train had been shut down for a little bit, so the 4:00 people scheduled were still waiting. We decided to wait it out. But then about 15 minutes later (the other people were STILL waiting, it was about 4:30 now) an older man getting off the train fell and was bleeding pretty bad. The shut down the train again. They were in the process of calling for medical attention for the man, and we decided we'd just do it another time. We were meeting my grandparents for dinner at Rainforst, so we just headed there. Dinner was good, I had the tuscan chicken. After dinner, I decided to go to CA by myself to ride CA Screamin'. I got in line just before they closed it for WoC. Then I met dad and we hit up Space to use our FP's. Good thing too, the wait was 90 minutes!! On the way to Space, I watched the fireworks. *sigh* I love the fireworks! Then I decided to roam on my own again. Which I discovered... I LOVE! I went on Pirates, got a caramel apple cider *melt*, and watched Fantasmic! I really like doing my own thing. It's nice not to worry about where everyone is, or what does the group want to do. I just did whatever I wanted! I headed to the castle to take in my last few minutes of that special feeling you only get at DL. I stood on one of the side bridges. It was dark and quite. My favorite times, just me and DL. Nothing else exists. But then back to reality. I had to leave. I barely cried on my way out, met my parents at DTD, and we headed back to the hotel.

This was a much needed escape from everyday life, I'm SO glad I got to go. I can't wait to go again for the holidays in a month and a half. I hope you enjoyed my report!

2. # ADS

Thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a great time.

A frown keeps others away, so smile today

Disneyland 2011???? I HOPE!!!!!

Fun Wheel + Swinging Cars = Terror!! Dizzy4DL's Avatar

It sounds like a wonderful trip! Wish I could go right now!

DL '88, DL '92, DL/DCA Feb '10, DL/DCA Jan '11 DL/DCA Feb '12 Back to Disneyland Jan '13!

Thumbs up Good for you!

Sounds like you had a great time! I also am an AP, and while of course I completely enjoy going with other people, I also enjoy a trip to Disneyland by myself. It's funny some of the odd looks you get when you say you are going by yourself, but by now I just take it in stride. Enjoy your AP and take care!