Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: World of Color: Electronica Testing

  1. #1

    Eek! World of Color: Electronica Testing

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBn...layer_embedded

    I cant wait to see what they do with this....I thought Tron would be way cooler in WOC than Pirates any day.

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Posts
     

  3. #2
    Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    AVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Happy Homeowner
    Blog Entries
    264

    Strangely enough, I was just told about a new "encore" for World of Color that will begin October 8th when ElecTRONica starts. I don't have any additional details, but I'm guessing this video was a test of the new elements.

    AVP

    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

    MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

  4. #3

    Awesome!!!


  5. #4
    Tower of Terror is the best
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1313 Harbour Blvd Anaheim & west covina

    Thumbs up

    thanks for posting

    Last edited by TowerofTerror; 09-15-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    BLAB NEW pass 26 as of 10/14/2010
    New AP DCA tower of terror count 32 9/17/2010 & space mountain 44 8/10/2010 ghost glaxy3 9/17/2010
    DCA Tower of Terror Count as of 2/08/06 : 912
    Reopened Space Mountain Count 73 02/19/2006

  6. #5

    That video (which was cool) made me think, "Would Walt have ok'd the idea of a hotel right next door to a Disney theme park?"

    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love
     

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBn...layer_embedded

    I cant wait to see what they do with this....I thought Tron would be way cooler in WOC than Pirates any day.
    Awesome! So, obviously they can and will be making changes to WOC (even if it's just some projections on the mist screens after the main show) sooner rather than later! I love it!!!

  8. #7

    I must admit, imagining the possibilities of a TRON segment to World of Color makes me all giddy inside, even if it is just a post-show element.


  9. #8

    ^I have never gotten why they don't play trailers for new movies before WOC and Fantasmic...i mean that would be cool AND its (almost) Free Advertisement.

    Lets hope we get to see some cool scenes from the trailer on the HUGE water Screen


  10. #9
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    well....

    i, for one, hope it's something more than the video shows. These days it's easy to project a computer created moving image onto a screen. if they incorporate some of the laser effects, fountains, and water movement then I would say it was worthwhile.

    I don't know about projecting trailers on the mist screens. You already have a large enough crowd waiting along the rivers edge, or in Paradise Park, for the show to begin. Projecting ads and trailers (you can imaging Disney Channel ads) would would create more people just hanging around. Sure, you say, less lines for others who want to ride rides - but then might as well make it a drive in movie and sit there for two or three hours (some already do). It's the wrong incentive IMHO.

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  11. #10
    Registered User houseofmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Altamonte Springs, FL

    It's bad enough now in the Animation Academy you have to watch a movie trailer, I would not want to watch any ads before a show thank you.

    Have a Disney Day!
    You don't have to walk on water, it's how you walk on land.

  12. #11

  13. #12
    The Hollywood Chain Gang CariBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^because looking at nothing is much better
    IMO, yes.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    i, for one, hope it's something more than the video shows. These days it's easy to project a computer created moving image onto a screen. if they incorporate some of the laser effects, fountains, and water movement then I would say it was worthwhile.

    I don't know about projecting trailers on the mist screens. You already have a large enough crowd waiting along the rivers edge, or in Paradise Park, for the show to begin. Projecting ads and trailers (you can imaging Disney Channel ads) would would create more people just hanging around. Sure, you say, less lines for others who want to ride rides - but then might as well make it a drive in movie and sit there for two or three hours (some already do). It's the wrong incentive IMHO.
    I hate when people do this but This.

  15. #14
    Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Blog Entries
    4

    a little more

    Honor Hunter over at Blue Sky Disney had a little more insight (and his sources are very accurate).

    his one comment summed up my opinion on this one..
    "Instead the large mist sprays will be used to broadcast the Tron Legacy trailer and advertisement of the upcoming film. So essentially it's a product placement.
    Quite literally, it's an aquatic trailer..."

    for me - it may be on a large mist screen - but the level of detail in the trailer will be lost on the mist screen - and I've seen the trailer..
    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...insertron.html

    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Honor Hunter over at Blue Sky Disney had a little more insight (and his sources are very accurate).

    his one comment summed up my opinion on this one..
    "Instead the large mist sprays will be used to broadcast the Tron Legacy trailer and advertisement of the upcoming film. So essentially it's a product placement.
    Quite literally, it's an aquatic trailer..."

    for me - it may be on a large mist screen - but the level of detail in the trailer will be lost on the mist screen - and I've seen the trailer..
    http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/20...insertron.html
    That's rather lame, actually. I'd even be happy if they just showed the trailer but incorporated the fountains and the lasers in some way. If you're going to have product placement, at least make it interesting :/

  17. #16

    ^thats what I was hoping for too, but we'll have to see if Disney does anything more than just project the trailer (which if i'm not mistaken there will be a trailer shown in the muppets building too)


  18. #17

    Wow, so it was way more than a projected trailer!!! Just saw the vid from the article in the "News" section. Can't wait to see it in person! Wish they would have shown us this at the meet-up.


  19. #18
    Registered User
    MousePad Subscriber
    cstephens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Dystopia
    Blog Entries
    1

    I saw World of Color tonight because I wanted to see the TRON bit. Spectacular. They did a great job with it. I'm not a huge fan of World of Color, but it's definitely worth it to see the TRON segment. They made really good use of the surrounding architecture in that segment, and it's a full segment, not just a little bitty add-on.

    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine


    Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

  20. #19
    Registered User Nikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bay Area, CA

    Watched the video today, and that was really cool! I particularly loved the projections and lighting on Screaming!

    2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

  21. #20

    I saw WOC on Saturday and was really impressed with the TronCore. Even my wife, who is not a Tron fan, really liked it.

    I don't know and I don't care if It's a Small World. It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland.


  22. #21

    I saw this over on the UnFiction Forums and I thought it was very cool indeed. I'm glad that our fears of just a simple trailer on mist screens turned out to be unwarranted, because this 'TRONcore' is really excellent.

    It's without question the most elaborate segment of the show currently and even on YouTube it made my jaw drop. I would love to see this (and ElecTRONica) in person, but I have now way of getting to Anaheim right now


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •