Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Choc Walk 2010 [October 17, 2010]

Happily Ever After with my Prince.

Choc Walk 2010 [October 17, 2010]

I can't find information about this years Choc Walk on line. Has sign ups began? Will there be a MP team?

First DLR Trip as a ticketed guest (no AP) Thanksgiving 2012
    Disneyland every NYE from 1985-2010
    WDW Nov 2003, May 2009, Aug/Sept 2010
    WDW Wedding May 2008 at WP/LS
    TDR Oct/Nov 2008 DLP 1998

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

There will be a MousePlanet team, but sign ups haven't started yet.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    There will be a MousePlanet team, but sign ups haven't started yet.
    Thanks AVP. I didn't want to miss it.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

The CHOC Walk Web site hasn't been updated, but the event is October 17th, the same weekend as the official unofficial MousePlanet night at Mickey's Halloween Party on October 15th.

I don't know when registration will open, but as soon as it does I'll post here.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Registration just opened for teams, and Team MousePlanet is back for our third year! We even have our own spiffy new custom CHOC Walk team Web site!

http://www.chocwalk.net/mouseplanet

There is NO FEE to sign up this year, you just have to raise $50 by the day of the Walk. Come join us! If you can't be here in person, you can either make a donation to another Team MousePlanet member, or register as a Sleeping Bear and raise funds on your own.

AVP

Thanks AVP. I just joined.

I'm sooo there! Well, in spirit anyway as I don't know if we'll be able to go down for the actual walk. I'll be registering shortly! And I'm glad I'll be able to hit people up sooner!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boo's mommy View Post
    i'm sooo there! Well, in spirit anyway as i don't know if we'll be able to go down for the actual walk. I'll be registering shortly! And i'm glad i'll be able to hit people up sooner!
    woot!!!!

I'm in for year three! I love this event! But isn't this way early? Registration last year didn't start until August.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

Jonesing for the next Disney Cruise! LauraGar's Avatar

My DH and I would love to do this walk but we would like to built up to it.

Does anyone have a map or course information we can practice until October?

"If you can't dream it, you can't see it." Walt Disney

LauraGar, no worries, this is a very easy 5K walk around Disneyland, DCA and through Downtown Disney. No training necessary!

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. ~~Marcus Aurelius

I am trying to find out if I can do this in a scooter, since I cannot walk. I so want to do this, as I will be there that weekend.

Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    I am trying to find out if I can do this in a scooter, since I cannot walk. I so want to do this, as I will be there that weekend.
    Yes you can do it in a scooter. A member of our group did it two years ago and it worked out just fine. She will be doing it again this year.

For anyone needing a scooter just note Disney doesn't rent theirs this earlyin the morning. So you will need to bring yours or rent one from an outside company.

Quote Originally Posted by janell View Post
    Yes you can do it in a scooter. A member of our group did it two years ago and it worked out just fine. She will be doing it again this year.

For anyone needing a scooter just note Disney doesn't rent theirs this earlyin the morning. So you will need to bring yours or rent one from an outside company.
    Thank you! I rented one from Deckert's last time, per Malcon's recommendation and it worked out just perfectly! I will look forward to participating!
    Siggy aka Jill

Quote Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
    Thank you! I rented one from Deckert's last time, per Malcon's recommendation and it worked out just perfectly! I will look forward to participating!
    Oh good. We like Decke too. Very nice people. Looking forward to seeing you at the walk.

Jonesing for the next Disney Cruise! LauraGar's Avatar

Johngar and I will be signing up for the MP CHOC walk. Here is one of those time, I wish we lived closer to DLR.

My DH and I mapped a course to walk to practice for the CHOC walk in October. We will be walking this every weekend. If anyone would like to join us, please PM me by Friday night. We will either walk on Saturday or Sunday depending on what else we have going on during the weekend.

Here is our route:
    From the parking lot at DTD to Main Street
    Main Street through Adventure land up and around the Ranch to Fantasy Land
    Across to Nemo to passed the old rockets building passed Star Tours back down Main Street
    Across to DCA walk to the left in Hollywood back lot left at Muppets 3D, continue to end then turn right and then right again back to Sun Plaza.
    Across to Sun Plaza to first wharf bridge, walk around pier to San Francisco Street to left passed Grizzle Rapids
    To Sun Plaza, out of DCA, and back DTD to parking

This is a bit over 3 miles. Our goal is to walk this route without stopping to rest and within a hours time.

"If you can't dream it, you can't see it." Walt Disney

If you're walking three miles this sounds fine. The actual walk goes through some backstage areas.

The walk begins at 7 a.m. Walkers must begin by 8:45 a.m. but it doesn't say there is a time limit for finishing. Many of the walkers are patients or former patients of CHOC so everyone walks at a leisurely pace. There is also a lot to see as you walk, people stop along the way and there are plenty of photo opportunities as well.

This will be my third year participating. It's a very fun morning!

MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

I would suggest trying to get in some walks at other times in the week too. You could do those a shorter distance, and save the long route for the practice runs.

Hi, I'm new to the site but am strongly considering doing the CHOC Walk (hopefully with my wife!) and wanted to know what is required to participate as part of "Team MousePlanet"? I never heard of this event until I saw the blurb below while reading the 'Disneyland Resort Update' articles from both last week and today:

Walk with Team MousePlanet register to walk with us at the October 17th event, and earn prizes as you meet your fundraising goals (click here). Team MousePlanet Walkers will receive a MousePlanet baseball cap at the Walk.
    I looked at the "click here" link, but didn't see any specific requirements to join your group/team... TIA!

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisVCGeek View Post
    I looked at the "click here" link, but didn't see any specific requirements to join your group/team... TIA!
    I'm pretty sure that the ony requirement is that you raise $50 by the day of the walk, which is a CHOC requirement and then that you sign up for the MousePlanet team.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Registration just opened for teams, and Team MousePlanet is back for our third year! We even have our own spiffy new custom CHOC Walk team Web site!

http://www.chocwalk.net/mouseplanet

There is NO FEE to sign up this year, you just have to raise $50 by the day of the Walk. Come join us! If you can't be here in person, you can either make a donation to another Team MousePlanet member, or register as a Sleeping Bear and raise funds on your own.

AVP
    Cathy

Well that makes it easy. I wasn't sure if you had to be part of "Team Mouseplanet" from other events or anything before you were supposed to join the group for CHOC!

-Craig => DVC owner @ BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day member (and if we didn't live so far away I'd be in the parks a LOT more!!! )

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DisVCGeek View Post
    Well that makes it easy. I wasn't sure if you had to be part of "Team Mouseplanet" from other events or anything before you were supposed to join the group for CHOC!
    You expressed interest, and posted here - that's more than enough for this group!!

I hope you have a fun time on the walk, and are successful in your money raising!

If you REALLY want to be a glutton for punishment, there's a MouseAdventure event the same day that is another way to meet a lot of MousePlanet enthusiasts!
    Cathy

CHOC walk

Will Mouseplanet have a CHOC walk team again this year?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezheaven View Post
    Yep!
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

"I've seen your daily routine. You are NOT busy."

Quote Originally Posted by Dezheaven View Post
    I might be signing up with a friend's team whose grandson was cared for by Choc. If not, I will join the Mouse Planet team.

http://www.chocwalk.net/faf/search/s...6&team=3775043
    Siggy aka Jill