Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

I don't know if this has been brought up on this forum yet, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling. If you're unhappy about the Halloween Fireworks show being offered exclusively to Halloween party guests, please post your ideas on how to complain about this. I love Disney don't get me wrong. I'm not here to spread negativity, but I really feel like this is unfair. Those of you who read Al Lutz's columns know he suggest some kind of boycott. This was also suggested on a park update on this site. The easiest thing to do is probably just an e-mail here,

secure-disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/contactUs?name=ContactUsPage&bhcp=1

but if anyone knows something that might get a little more attention...like the OC Register article that denounced the park for this, please post. Hopefully enough bad press will get this reconsidered.
    Posted via UA

2. # ADS

Are the fireworks different on Halloween then during the season? And usually you can see the fireworks from any nearby hotel.

...a most uncommon elevator...
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithTrustPixieDust View Post
    Are the fireworks different on Halloween then during the season? And usually you can see the fireworks from any nearby hotel.
    Last year they started a new HalloweenTime fireworks show. It was pretty neat, and the soundtrack was good enough that you'd definitely want to be in the parks during the show to hear it.
    - One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. That door is opening once again. But this time, it's opening for you.

When I'm at Disneyland, I'm home Jawknee's Avatar
    Of course you can see fireworks from nearby hotels, silly, we know that.
    But it's different when you're in the Disneyland environment, and not to mention there's music/narration that goes with the fireworks.

I think this is completely unfair, however, I have a question: does anyone know if there will be regular fireworks going on in the evenings when there aren't Mickey's Halloween Parties?

Blog Entries

Since it is the off season, I would expect fireworks to be on the weekends only.

I don't see this as any different than only having the Halloween parade for the Mickey's ToT party in DCA. They are charging a decent price and need to offer something special for that price. We haven't decided if we are going yet.

Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Since it is the off season, I would expect fireworks to be on the weekends only.

I don't see this as any different than only having the Halloween parade for the Mickey's ToT party in DCA. They are charging a decent price and need to offer something special for that price. We haven't decided if we are going yet.
    I was hoping you would be there for the MP meetup on the 15th.
    Siggy aka Jill

I saw the fireworks last year when the Halloween season started, I'm just wondering if the fireworks are different for the Mickey's Halloween Party.

It's a treasure-we found it together
    MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post

I don't see this as any different than only having the Halloween parade for the Mickey's ToT party in DCA. They are charging a decent price and need to offer something special for that price.
    I agree. If you want to see the fireworks, buy a ticket.

I disagree it's a Disneyland tradition to see the fireworks and i think at anytime of the year it is unfair to charge for viewing... Could you imagine going at christmas time and having to pay to see the candle light processional or the fireworks...

You could keep on going... Oh you want to ride It's a small world at christmas time since its special ok buy a ticket...

PS i think the biggest difference in the ToT parade and the fireworks...

Fireworks have always been for all in attendance the ToT parade was created for the party and have only been seen by people who have gone in the past... As someone who has never been to the party i have not seen the parade and do not know what i am missing... the fireworks on the other hand are an important part to many many visitors.

I saw the fireworks last year when the Halloween season started, I'm just wondering if the fireworks are different for the Mickey's Halloween Party.
    As far as we know they are the same as last year.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilo143stitch View Post
    I disagree it's a Disneyland tradition to see the fireworks and i think at anytime of the year it is unfair to charge for viewing... Could you imagine going at christmas time and having to pay to see the candle light processional or the fireworks...

You could keep on going... Oh you want to ride It's a small world at christmas time since its special ok buy a ticket...
    WDW has been doing this for years.
    Shannon
    Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Prince
    Miss M(16), J(13) and R(10), and Mr. N(9)

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

Disneyland could discontinue fireworks at any time. In fact, in the News section there is an article about how neighbors are trying to get them limited. I don't see any difference between Disneyland not offering fireworks or Fantasmic at certain times of the year. The result is the same (actually, someone who doesn't purchase a ToT ticket is actually better off than someone who goes to Disneyland when fireworks are not being offered at all). Seriously it's not something people are entitled to as part of their ticket. You can choose to go to Disneyland on another day--you just won't see the "special" fireworks. (Which were ok last year--but I wouldn't die if I never saw them again.)

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilo143stitch View Post
    I disagree it's a Disneyland tradition to see the fireworks and i think at anytime of the year it is unfair to charge for viewing...
    But, there will be fireworks on the normal nights fireworks would be shown. They just won't be the fireworks for the Halloween Party. During the off season, fireworks are only shown Fri, Sat, and Sun. Friday night would be closed for the ToT party and the Halloween fireworks would be displayed. Saturday and Sunday night, the Remember fireworks would be displayed.

I understand that buying a ticket doesn't entitle anyone to fireworks and that all shows are subject to being cancelled but that being said i have witnessed on many occasions guest complaining at city hall many times when the fireworks were cancelled and them getting comp tickets

Somebody posted about getting more bang for your buck for the ToT party... With ticket prices going up all the time for admission and annual passports i would say more bang for you buck applies here too.

šoš DisneyManiac šoš HauntedKid's Avatar

I saw the fireworks last year, they were great! So sad....that they are doing this...I agree that it`s not fair....

MousePad Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Yup- besides, I think it is a little apples and oranges to compare charging for something that was done one year and charging for something that has been done for decades for free. I would be much more sympathetic if we were talking about the Holiday Fireworks.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

do I want to see Halloween Screams? yes
    can I afford to go to the new, more expensive Halloween Party? no
    am I annoyed that it's now only for ticket holders?

a little - but I understand it. And - Disney Ops will have a much more organized time around handling crowds. Last year was suh a mess with so many people it was like Christmas crowds all over again. I do hope they make sure to keep SMGG for all guests day and night. I think it's a neat addition and adds to the overall park atmosphere for halloween - since nightswithout the party will still have Main St. decorated, the Roundup in Halloween mode, and HMH up and running.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    Yes, and Disneyland has NOT. One of the benefits on DL's side is that they are much more decorated and have more things for the normal visitor, while WDW charges and charges and charges.

I saw the Screams fireworks last year, and they were incredible. It helped that a friend had saved us spots in a good spot, but even without that they were SO fabulous! I was looking forward to a future Halloweentime when we could go and see them again, but now it seems we'll have to pay more. It doesn't make me happy. I don't want DL to turn into WDW; there's good and not as good on both sides, and each difference makes each unique, and I like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbitFeet View Post
    Yes, and Disneyland has NOT. One of the benefits on DL's side is that they are much more decorated and have more things for the normal visitor, while WDW charges and charges and charges.

I saw the Screams fireworks last year, and they were incredible. It helped that a friend had saved us spots in a good spot, but even without that they were SO fabulous! I was looking forward to a future Halloweentime when we could go and see them again, but now it seems we'll have to pay more. It doesn't make me happy. I don't want DL to turn into WDW; there's good and not as good on both sides, and each difference makes each unique, and I like that.
    Again, the party offers special events for the participants. Things like meeting Villians, that are not normal within the park, trick or treating, special crafts activities, special parades, and this year, fireworks. The parks will be decorated still, just the extras will be limited to the event participants. Fireworks will still be offered on the Sat and Sunday nights, just a different set of fireworks.

MousePad Subscriber

On the flip side, people could be complaining that WDW's Halloween party offers special fireworks, why doesn't DL? So, they are going to upset someone either way.

šoš DisneyManiac šoš HauntedKid's Avatar

I`m not fine with the idea of RDCT fireworks to fill the halloween fireworks, it`s not the time, I mean c`mon that`s why they call it "halloween" . I`m not even thrilled of they having the ToT on Disneyland just cuz they have somehting new in California Adventures (WoC), switching and making a profit of it...I mean they premiered the fireworks in "Disneyland" why should they charge now??? the fireworks are entitled to "Disneyland" (and fans and people who attend), are they gonna to this to the space mountain overlay also? I agree with Lilo143stitch, so every holiday, should they make any special charge for you to enjoy that certain look of the park...?

Happiness is that smile MammaSilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedKid View Post
    I`m not fine with the idea of RDCT fireworks to fill the halloween fireworks, it`s not the time, I mean c`mon that`s why they call it "halloween" . I`m not even thrilled of they having the ToT on Disneyland just cuz they have somehting new in California Adventures (WoC), switching and making a profit of it...I mean they premiered the fireworks in "Disneyland" why should they charge now??? the fireworks are entitled to "Disneyland" (and fans and people who attend), are they gonna to this to the space mountain overlay also? I agree with Lilo143stitch, so every holiday, should they make any special charge for you to enjoy that certain look of the park...?
    The bold is mine...nothing is entitled to "Disneyland" nor the fans and people who attend. Disneyland Resort is first and formost a buisness. They are in the BUISNESS of making a profit for their shareholders. Last year they had special fireworks to draw guests to the parks for the season, the Trick or Treat was at DCA for the last several years, but once upon a time there in fact was a Trick or Treat event AT Disneyland, it was discontinued and now it's returning. The only thing a guest is ENTITLED to is the entertainment available on the day they purchase a ticket to go to the park during it's operational day. Closing the park to have the Trick or Treat hard ticket event is no different than closing it for Grad nights or private parties for Corporations who make arrangements for their employees/guests to have exclusive use of the park for a designated amount of time. Disney Corp has no obligation to give away the incentives they use to persuade me as a guest to fork over $20 dollars more per ticket this year for my family to attend a hard ticketed event. Last year I paid 30 something for our tickets but didn't get a fireworks show this year I'm paying PREMIUM and because they want us to come back again in the future they are making a BUISNESS decision to offer us a reason to pay an extra $54.00 to attend a hard ticket even as opposed to waiting until Saturday and getting to see the holiday fireworks.

I can't be the only person that is so tired of this 'we're entitled' crap...the only thing you're entitled to is entrance to the park on the days your media is valid and only for the 'operational' day that day, if the park closes early due to weather, season or special event, you still got entry for the operational day...
    Life is too short to wake up with regrets ~So love the people who treat you right
    Forget about those who don't ~ Believe everything happens for a reason.
    If you get a chance, take it If it changes your life, let it ~Nobody said life would be easy,
    they just promised it would most likely be worth it~ remember, Sometimes Miracles Hide

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedKid View Post
    Last year was the first time in 54 years they had "Halloween" fireworks. I am unsure of how you are using the term "entitled". They have fireworks on specific nights. The park will be closing prior to fireworks on Friday nights. If you look at the Disneyland Halloween Time page, you will see what is offered for the Halloween time. Please note, it has only been the last 5 years or so that ANYTHING has been done at Halloween.

For daily visitors:

* Witness the terrifying transformation as everyone's favorite deep space thrill-ride becomes Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and throttles through the outer reaches of an uncannily creepy cosmos at breakneck speeds!
    * Venture into the revamped Haunted Mansion Holiday, courtesy of the diabolically delightful Jack Skellington and his cohorts from Halloweentown.
    * Get ready for ghostly encounters with phantom patrons on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and relive the horrific Halloween night in 1939 that has haunted the hotel ever since.
    * Both Parks and many of your Favorite Disney Characters will dress up in the spooky spirit of Halloween!
    * On select nights in October, go trick-or-treating in the ultimate Disney neighborhood at Mickey's Halloween Party ride attractions, collect candy, enjoy live music, play games and more! (Separate admission required)

For the ToT:

Don't miss out on:

* Exclusive viewing of the boo-tiful Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular
    * Exclusive access to nearly all Disneyland Park attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday
    * Earlier access to the Park beginning at 3:00 p.m. for Tuesday 6:00 p.m. events and 4:00 p.m. for Friday and Halloween 7:00 p.m. events
    * Lively music so your bones can boogie
    * Even more special treat stations offering both candy and healthy goodies
    * Creepy crafts and activities for the whole family
    * Plenty of costumed Characters to meet and greet
    * Plus, lots more entertainment for little boys and ghouls!

I'm thinking it was maybe a logistical move, in additional to a financial move. I mean with the addition of the Halloween fireworks last year, Disneyland was a zoo all October, which is normally off-season. I'm assuming to cover the additional visitors they had to deal with additional employment costs because of more staff working, yet it still didn't really improve their bottom line for the year. I mean, I can see why people are disappointed, but they've only had the show for one year so it makes sense to play around with it's placement early on to see how it affects their profits.

I don't think anyone is entitled to it, nor any other show with the purchase of a ticket. It's not like it's September and they've only just announced it's removal from the regular line up when people have already made plans to go. They've given people plenty of warning that is is now only included with the ticketed event. If it's worth it to the visitor they can buy the separate ticket. The tickets are much more expensive so I can see why that is a bit of a let down but isn't the setup for the Halloween event in WDW similarly priced?