Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    Have a Great time!! I know you will.
    Thank you Lonna!!!! hugs

Angie

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

I bet DS is excited by now!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

The day is finally here, its a qtr to seven, just leaving for work, he is sleeping, grins.....

All bags are packed, I have to go make a "showing" at work for a few hours
    till they get tired of me, lol..... then home and grab the "yes he is excited now" DS lol...... then off we go to the airport!!!! can't beleive this time tomorrow we will be heading to breakfast and going over our "plans" for the
    day outside the park, we soooooo needed this....

The wonderful thing about all this is I know my Dad will be with us on all the rides laughing right along with us.... miss him so much! ok, gotta stop going to start crying!

I promise when I get back you guys I will fill in my report.... everyone please have a wonderful week and I will see you all next week!!!!!

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by angcould View Post
    stop at ex's (he is taking us to airport in my car then keeping it till we return on monday)
    No abbreviation for that here? DX?
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

So just wanted to say a quick note....

We are home, had an awesome time, exhausted, lol..... I will write my report as soon and I can get my muddled mind to working normally!!!!!

Angie

I hope so! I have been waiting for this trip report!!!!!

Ok, here goes...... my first official trip report, lol....

Work let me go a bit early, perhaps they truly realized how useless I was at about 2 in the afternoon, it was probably a good thing, we loaded up the car and stopped for a bite on the way and headed for my ex's house. We actually made pretty good time, it was a good thing I headed up early I just
    missed rush hour traffic... he dropped us off at the airport in plenty of time, I had planned to be there about 2 hours early just so I wouldn't have to worry about traffic..we got bag checked and thru security with no problems and the lines weren't to bad.

The airport had a little cantina/restaurant where I definately had that drink! and son had a shirley temple it was great to sit and relax a bit before our flight, we headed for our gate which we found they had moved our flight while we were gone but it wasn't to far from where we were so no big hassle, the flight was a full one, not an empty seat to be had...

We arrived at LAX on time, headed for baggage and our shuttle, when we got to the shuttle we found we had about 6 other passengers that he had to drop off, so it would take a bit longer to get to our hotel. We dropped off a lady first, in some residential area, about 20 min. later she calls my cell and tells me the driver gave her my bag!!!! and when we got to our hotel we did confirm that he still had hers, he kept telling me he asked her like 3 times if the bag was hers, it was very dark on the street we dropped her, I told him I didn't care but that I expected him to go get my bag! so consequently that didn't go over well!!! lol.... anyway he took off promising to bring it back and leave it with the desk, we went into the hotel where we were informed that we had a $250 deposit for "incidentals" well no one had told me that so it wasn't figured into my budget, the desk clerk kept telling me it was posted on their website and pointed to each end of the check in desk, I told him I booked thru an agent, never had any reason to go to the website! I also told him I had called down there several times and no one had mentioned it! anyway we resolved it, to a point, we then told him about the bag and that the driver would be back with it and to call our room when it arrived....

The order from safeway/vons was there we took it and our remaining luggage to our room and unpacked what we could while we waited for the other bag that had most all of our clothes in it. While we sat there I realized they had given us a king room instead of a doubel queen.... at that point I didn't care anymore! It was pushing 1 am....about 20 min later the desk called and said the driver was back with our bag, my DS went down and got it, we unpacked and went straight to bed.... 2 am..... grrrrrrr

I have to say I was so worried this was how the whole trip was going to go!!!

Wednesday we got up late, for obvious reasons, headed to Mimi's for breakfast, we had joined their e-club and got a free breakfast from the site... it was awesome we both had omelettes... and the muffins... well lets just say I brought home a few hanging off my tush I will have to work off!!!!
    after breakfast we headed to the park, my DS was getting soooo excited lol I thought he was going to break into a run!!! we got thru bag check and luckily this time we had the passes before we entered so didn't have to go to the cashiers, they were swamped with people, we went thru the gate and into Main street, I have to tell you the feelings were so intense, I just let the outside world just "roll off" it felt so good!!! my son and I just started to laugh and smile....... we strolled down mainstreet stuck our heads into a couple stores then headed towards the castle and walked thru sleeping beauties castle we had never toured it before after that headed towards New Orleans square, first stop was fast pass to Splash!!! we then got right onto pirates and road that. My son then asked to go over to the island so we rode the raft over and walked around the island, we had never been over there it was alot of fun, when we got back it was time to pick up another fast pass so we went and got one to indy.... then we went out on the canoes we hadn't done that before either.

After the canoes we went and had lunch at hungry bear, while we were eating I had to call von's they had left some items out of our order and I had to make sure I was credited for them. After lunch we used our fast passes for Indy and splash mountain then we went over to DCA and got fast pass for grizzley run, we figured we were already wet from SM, we walked around DCA for a bit and returned and used our fast pass for GR, got soaked, lol....

We headed back to Land and picked up fast passes for autotopia, after that it was star tours and buzz!!! We then headed down main street and did a bit of window shopping, tried on some hats at the mad hatter and then went back to change and have dinner. We ate at California pizza kitchen, it was very good.... after that headed back to park and used fast pass for autotopia and rode star tours again, we love that ride.... we then sat and watched the fireworks, both Tink and Dumbo were in the show that night! it was tooooo cool!!!!

We went on jungle cruise after the fireworks and did pirates again and headed back to hotel for some sleep, we had our early entry the next morning and also breakfast with Minnie!!!!

more to come........ smiles

Angie

Completely Dole-Whipped TikiTiki's Avatar

Well aside from a rough beginning with bags and room issues, it sounds like the rest shaped up quite nicely! Glad you had a great first day in the parks! Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome to our tropical hideaway...You lucky people, you...

Great trip report so far Angie. Hope the rest of your trip did not go as hectic as the first part!

What did you think of the Red Lion (with the exception of deposit?) Is it walking distance to the park?

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable.” Billy Graham

Thursday morning, early entry to park and breakfast with Minnie..

Got up around 6 am took shower and got dressed, woke son up about 6:45 am, he was tired, the poor thing.... Got him showered and dressed and packed our backpack for the morning and headed out, we arrived at the park
    at about 7:30ish it was not to crowded, we had never done early morning entry before even though we had been to the park before, just seemed to early to bother with, but I have to say it was nice to have fantasyland not be so crowded, we were riding on Toads wild ride and were told by a Cm that
    tomorrowland was now open in the morning for morning madness so after riding all the fantasyland rides we headed over to tommorrowland we didn't even try for nemo, it was packed! we did do buzz and star tours and also rode on Astro Orbitor.... we then headed over for our breakfast at the Plaza Inn, we had never done that before either, we did get our photo taken and then went in to breakfast, it was wonderful we had alot of characters that morning and my son loved the attention, it wasn't very crowded at 8:30, we will definately be doing it again.
    We had:
    Minnie
    Chip & Dale
    Hook
    Pooh, Tiger, Eeyore
    Rafiki
    Max

After breakfast we headed over to get our fast passes, we came down by
    big thunder so my son decided he wanted to ride that so I took our passes and while he was in line I got our passes for Splash on my way back I almost got run over by the cowboys who fell out of the Golden horseshoe, I think I surprised them too, lol he looked a bit shocked that I was like right there, lol... I had gone up on the entrance to check the show times.... anyway i watched their show they were totally funny...... I then went and retrieved my son and we headed over to DCA... it was almost 10 am so we wanted to go ahead and spend a few hours over there... we went right in but it wasn't 10 yet so no fast pass for Grizzly available but Soarin was running so we went down and road on Soarin, I have to say I love that ride it is so awesome... After that we got fast passes for grizzly and then rode on the Golden Zephyr, Mulholland madness and walked around the boardwalk, we headed back down and used our Grizzly passes, got soaked then headed
    we went back over to DL and used our fast pass for Splash my son decided he liked being in the front row, you get the wettest there, lol so that meant I was right behind him, needless to say we were very wet after the ride....we ended up eating at carnation cafe, it was good as usual

We went back to the hotel and I let my son swim for awhile, we were both quite tired from our busy morning... so I sat and read my book while he unwound in the pool, by the time he showered and we changed it was time to
    think about dinner and heading back to the park. When we got back we wandered around the shops for awhile, bought a mocha and hot chocolate and looked for a place to watch the fireworks, we watched them again and both Tink and Dumbo were again in the show, we lucked out the whole time
    they never were left out so the wind stayed away for us a good thing. After the fireworks we went and road on Star tours grabbed a frozen minute maid and wandered around tomorrowland listening to the music then headed back to our room, a good day over all.. We also knew we had another big day ahead of us so wanted to get some sleep, it was shopping in Downtown Disney in the morning, my sons money was burning a whole in his pocket!!! grins....

more to come soon.....

Angie

Yay, cant wait to read more.
    Why is it Sunday night already? Im on "borrowed" internet time right now.....dont know how long it will last.
    TTYL,
    HB

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbelle View Post
    Yay, cant wait to read more.
    Why is it Sunday night already? Im on "borrowed" internet time right now.....dont know how long it will last.
    TTYL,
    HB
    Well it was awesome to bump into you online last night... how did
    daughters concert end? I was serious about telling her to move over
    we could have done a duet!!!!! grins....

Angie

Yes, you would of had a good time with her! We were having our own "risky business" moments with the guys not home.

I think everyone should dance like no ones watching! It makes you feel GOOD! We were laughing so much at each other when I finally got off the computer to join in! She is such a joy to me when she isn't being a hormonal pre-teen!

Have a wonderful morning my friend!

I know lol they are so much fun when they are moody!!!! I am surprised we
    don't drown um..... lol

I love it when my Ds and get in those moods, we do have a bunch of fun...
    let me know next time I will bring down the karaoke machine so she can
    really belt them out!!!!!!

You have a great morning and day to sweets, hugs.....

Angie

Completely Dole-Whipped TikiTiki's Avatar

Great trip report, ang!

Plaza Inn sounds like a good new place for us to try one morning when we go. I like the characters listed! Then again, those muffins are just waiting for me, aren't they??

Love the splashing part as well! What better time than while it's piping hot!

Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome to our tropical hideaway...You lucky people, you...

Thanks Tiki,

The plaza was a great experience and the food was actually very good.... we would definately do it again, I think just need to lay of the pastries!!!! and speaking of them.... the muffins are definately great, just be warned they are
    addicting and you will be bringing them home on your tush!!!! so you can't say
    I didn't warn you, I still have a couple on each of my cheeks!!!! lol.....

Angie

Hi

Thanks for the report - first one I've read on here. We tend to just book and go - dont really plan over and above what days we are going etc for dining reservations, so our experience is totally the other end of the spectrum to yours !

Just one thing I have to ask - it may be something we just don't get over here in the UK. I'm guessing Von's is a grocery store ? Why would you want things delivering from a grocery store if you are in a Hotel !? Just curious !

Looking forward to our trip to DLR in October !

I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the report - first one I've read on here. We tend to just book and go - dont really plan over and above what days we are going etc for dining reservations, so our experience is totally the other end of the spectrum to yours !

Just one thing I have to ask - it may be something we just don't get over here in the UK. I'm guessing Von's is a grocery store ? Why would you want things delivering from a grocery store if you are in a Hotel !? Just curious !

Looking forward to our trip to DLR in October !

I.
    Thanks, Ian....

Well the planning is due to the fact I am on a tight budget as
    a single mom I have to watch my spending, while still wanting
    to give my son wonderful memories....

The delivery was for breakfast items and bottled water and snacks to take to the park, bottled water in the park cost way more then it does outside the park and so I had the store deliver it along with some other items that we would need. As we were flying down from Oregon I also couldn't obviously fly it down with us. Disneyland allows people to bring in some outside snacks, beverages etc... so this why I had the delivery done. It saves money and keeps my expenses down.

We had decided before we left we would have a few breakfasts in our room in order to have the funds to do the priority seating for fantasmic as well as doing the "breakfast with Minnie" experience.

I hope you have a great trip yourself...

Angie

Friday morning day three.....

Woke up showered and got ready, then got my Ds up today we were heading to Downtown Disney my Ds had a gift card for build a bear and some spending
    money he wanted to use... Had breakfast in our room, packed our park bag and off we went.... First stop was to grab fast passes for Splash, rode on star tours and decided to take the monorail to downtown disney, we had only done that once before, it was a nice ride we were lucky to get in the front section of the monrail. Spent time in Lego store, build a bear of course and wewent to world of Disney.... headed over to DCA grabbed fast passes for Grizzly and headed over and caught the Turtle talk show, as a AAA package
    we received priority seating, we also checked on the times for the animation classes, Ds wanted to take the one on Mickey, it was for 11 am the first class of the day, we decided to do it sunday morning.

My son loved Turtle talk, he was rolling on the floor laughing at the show, I loved the interaction between the show and the audience and the fact they
    involved the parents was awesome. After the show we went over got fastpasses for soarin and then went back to the hotel to change, get lunch and repack our park bag for the afternoon... After lunch we went back to
    DCA did the soarin show, then Grizzley and went back over to Disney and used our fast pass for splash, we were soaked again, lol..... for some reason
    we walked by pirates and there was hardly anyone there so we went on that ride again, it was a blast, afterward we were walking down adventureland and
    my son wanted to watch the show in the Tiki room.... it was cute... we didn't however get the Dolewhips, not my thing....

I did some shopping for friends and family on mainstreet, then headed back to our hotel to change for dinner, we ended up eating at Coco's we had never eaten there before then walked thru the GCH and into DCA we still had
    a fast pass for Grizzly so Son and I went on it not something we normally do in the evening, but it was fun, he then went on the single rider and got soaked, while I took pictures... I ended up having to buy him a new T-shirt because he was freezing. lol wondering if he did it on purpose. We then headed over to Disney where we caught the fireworks again, did a few more rides and grabbed a cup of hot chocolate and my Cafe Mocha.... after that
    another early morning in the park for Toon town morning madness so we headed back to room and some rest......

more to come.

Angie

Hmm...good idea...!

[QUOTE=angcould;1439520]Thanks, Ian....

The delivery was for breakfast items and bottled water and snacks to take to the park, bottled water in the park cost way more then it does outside the park and so I had the store deliver it along with some other items that we would need. As we were flying down from Oregon I also couldn't obviously fly it down with us. Disneyland allows people to bring in some outside snacks, beverages etc... so this why I had the delivery done. It saves money and keeps my expenses down.

QUOTE]

then went back to the hotel to change, get lunch and repack our park bag for the afternoon...

After lunch we went back to DCA did the soarin show, then Grizzley and went back over to Disney and used our fast pass for splash, we were soaked again.
    Wait, didn't you do that backwards? Most people get soaked and then go back and change.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Well most people don't have an 11 year old who thought getting soaked
    at least 3 times a day was a good idea!!!! lol... but no we had changed
    into more park friendly clothes knowing we were going to get wet..... lol

Angie

Well most people don't have an 11 year old who thought getting soaked
    at least 3 times a day was a good idea!!!! lol... but no we had changed
    into more park friendly clothes knowing we were going to get wet..... lol
    TOO fun! I usually don't "do" DL in the summer, but when we did go on the Grizzly last year it was the BEST!!!
    I would go on it again if I could wear a poncho and a shower cap, but than my family would be embarrassed to be seen with me!

Oh don't tell me your one of "those" lol..... they only do so much, lol....
    besides isn't that like half the fun is getting wet on a hot day at DCA????

I am just saying.....

Angie