Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Steve Russo - May 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort

Mr. Russo,
    I always enjoy your trip reports. I think I've read them all, but have never posted a reply to you before. You crack me up. I'm sorry to hear about your beer, bus, and baggage woes, but at least you got to have fudge! And Lost! And Chubby Checker! I will look forward to your report of your Christmas '09 tour. Thanks for sharing with all of us!
    Marcia

2. # ADS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marciamarie View Post
    Mr. Russo,
    I always enjoy your trip reports. I think I've read them all, but have never posted a reply to you before. You crack me up. I'm sorry to hear about your beer, bus, and baggage woes, but at least you got to have fudge! And Lost! And Chubby Checker! I will look forward to your report of your Christmas '09 tour. Thanks for sharing with all of us!
    Marcia
    The bane of the three B's... beer, bus and baggage. Thanks for putting it all in perspective. If you manage to get good fudge, a $33 six-pack isn't so bad ;-)

Thanks for the kind words. I'm also looking forward to December. I told Barb tonight: we've been back for three weeks and it feels like a year. I can't wait for December!
    Steve

Steve,

I've been attempting for a long time now to sign on with my old user name and password but it did not work (and the system does not recognize my e-mail account). So now using new user name but added the #1 to it. Work has been busy so finally got a chance to send this out to you.

My mom (Barbara) and I (Diane) were at Trail's End the same time you were. We were seated directly across from the buffet. I was taking care of the bill when I looked up and saw a man looking at the ice cream before going for the food. In my head I said that looks like Steve Russo but decided not to ask if it was you because you said in your trip report back in January that you were not going down till I believe December (which we will be there again - Dec 3 to 10 at POR). I never mentioned to my mom if it looked like you. Wish I went up to say hi and tell you that we too enjoy your trip reports and your book (when is the next one coming out

While at Disney we came across several times a new walking pattern. We said to each other that we do not recall you mention this new pattern and thought we were wondering what name you would give it - like you did on the others. Have you noticed the following. A group of as little as 4 people and as much as 8 people holding hands straight across and fillling up the entire walk area. We have seen parents walking like this with their kids in front of Peter Pan and as much as 8 across at Epcot. It drove us nuts. During mid trip I got my own rudeness and went right through the center while breaking the hand holding while saying excuse us. The line of people behind them from people trying to get around was ridiculous. When I turned around I saw that they finally broke apart and got the hint.

Here are some things I wrote regarding your trip report.

Plus size people: We were on a bus late at MK after going to the California Grill. Long story short while closing my eyes a "plus size" woman sat down next to me where that silver bar is. She was so heavy that she slid me up in the air with her large side underneath me. Since I was so tired and there were no more seats I stayed there sitting on the side of my right cheek. I thought of telling you this when I read your report.

You bought that chrome thing in the shape of Mickey's head for the car. Where do you place it on the car? I was thinking of buying it while I was there.

Narcoose: Back in Dec 2007 I took my mom there and at least I did not like the food and I'm not picky. The food was cold and we were the first seated. I think my mom was saying she was enjoying herself because it was her 65th birthday when we went. Don't know if I would try them again.

Two years ago I too stayed at SSR. Looks like the same complaints you had still exist. They too gave me wrong directions (leading away from the boat ramp). Lighting stunk. And bus service was the worst I have ever seen at Disney.

Toy Story Mania: We luck out. The posted time stated 40 minutes but we were on in 10 minutes. Not bad.

Remy: We too saw Remy at the French restaurant but the day after you did. We like the picture you took. I never thought of asking the guy to pose with Remy. But I did take a picture of him. Too bad it is not permanent.

HS - Writer's Shop: We love this place and stop for coffee there all the time.

Flip Flops: We cannot understand how people can wear them. Luckily I only stepped on one pair of flip flops on this trip.

Buttons: Loved your story about the birthday button. It is getting ridiculous. I do confese that for my mom's 65th birthday (2007) I had her wear it the entire trip since this was a special birthday. I wrote 65 yo on it and right on her birthday (December 8th) I also had her wear a silver crown that had 65 on it.

Characters in Flight: My mom and I did this and it really was great. Very smooth. Went up 400 feet. Too bad it was only for 10 minutes for $16. We would have paid more. We were thinking of going again but had to be somewhere. Highly recommend you and your wife go. Really cool to see AK, HS, MK and Epcot all at the same time. Plus one of our DVC resorts OKW. Also saw Typhoon Lagoon.

Ice Cream for Dinner: Each day we kept on saying we have to do what Steve Russo does and have ice cream for dinner. Unfortunately we never got too. We have that as one of the has too for December.

Epcot Bus Stop: As you started to say what happened I had a feeling you were going to head right back to Epcot. We felt so bad for you both. Disney moved OKW bus stop to #1 which like SSR really stinks. OKW use to be #6 which was nice and easy. Now AKL is now there. We're assuming because of the new DVC resort.

Young Married Couple at SSR: We believe we saw the same couple at SSR. We were thinking the same thing as you. Plus they too did not give up their seat to an elder couple. We gave our seats to the elder couple.

Swine Flu: We were a little worried when the swine flu first developed. There was only old lady flying down that wore a mask the entire time. We never thought of the reason why the finger reading at the parks did not work. Hope this does not cause problems now in December. We both had renewed our annual pass on this trip.

Sorry for the length. I see that I wrote down that you will be there from Dec. 5 to 11. Now if I see you I'm going to introduce myself. Thanks for all your trip reports. We really do love them. I was going to write one of my own but I only wrote down what happened on the first day.

Diane

Blog Entries

Hi Diane,

No, that was probably Wayne you saw at Trail's End. He always looks at ice cream before going for food ;-)

Next book? There's just no time - I have all I can do to keep up with the bi-weekly schedule for my MousePlanet column.

I'm glad you enjoy the reports and thanks for writing and saying so. Next time say "Hello" - I'm sure Wayne will respond ;-)

Steve

I don't know. It sure looked like you. ; )

BTW, where exactly were you seated? I don't have your report in front of me but you mentioned it is where something you to be called something else. Like Rooster something I believe. (hard to explain) Where you on the lower section by the big bear?

Even though it was hot I thought the weather was not too bad. At least we had no real humidity. My mom was dying in the 90 degree weather. But then again she really does heat up the house in winter and melts snow around her. (ha, ha).

Hope to run into you in December. I'll keep my eyes out and stake out for you. Thanks for the reply back.

BTW, truly come up with a name for the 6 people holding hands blocking traffic. We were trying to come up with a name but could only think of train traffic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyokw1 View Post
    I don't know. It sure looked like you. ; )

BTW, where exactly were you seated? I don't have your report in front of me but you mentioned it is where something you to be called something else. Like Rooster something I believe. (hard to explain) Where you on the lower section by the big bear?

BTW, truly come up with a name for the 6 people holding hands blocking traffic. We were trying to come up with a name but could only think of train traffic.
    We were seated lower level in what is part of Crockett's Tavern - although I don't recall seeing a big bear.

I actually have named the folks who walk 4, 5 and 6 abreast as the "Wide Walkers" or the "Rotated Caravan". I have, however, never seen them holding hands. That brings back memories of a childhood game called "Red Rover". That's it... they're "Red Rovers".
    Steve

Sacramentan here - thanks for the "shout out" - our weather IS fantastic!
    Also I've recently discovered your trip reports by accident and I'm so glad I did. They make for entertaining reading. Thanks for writing. Wishing you the best with your recent health scares.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jumanji1221 View Post
    Sacramentan here - thanks for the "shout out" - our weather IS fantastic!
    Also I've recently discovered your trip reports by accident and I'm so glad I did. They make for entertaining reading. Thanks for writing. Wishing you the best with your recent health scares.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I'm impressed by a comment on an 8 year old trip report... (and I love the Jumanji name). Thanks.
    Steve