Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Need help TODAY with California Grill Dessert Question

Mack and Katie's Mom

Need help TODAY with California Grill Dessert Question

Sooo last April, I was a CG and had an orgasmic dessert that had banana and carmel and it was just amazing. I was going to go back to CG this weekend just for the dessert. However, on the menu they have something called the "original" but it sooo doesn't sound like what we had. I love creme brulee but I don't remember their being creme brulee.

Any ideas or thoughts????

Currently having WDW withdrawals.
    Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go back!
    WDW - 7/83, 7/86, 3/00, 1/01, 1/03, 8/03, 1/04, 11/04, 1/05, 8/05, 9/07, 4/08, 2/09, 6/09, 6/10, 3/11, 11/11, 3/12, 6/13
    DL - 4/07

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That sounds kind of like what I had a few years back - that the waiter recommended to me 'because it's kind of like Bananas Foster' It was really yummy.

But sometimes what sounds really good one time, doesn't sound as great another time - so be open to what's on the menu and what might be new, too!

Cathy

Not sure if this helps, but we were there this past August and I had "the original" which was fabulous. I remember thinking it wasn't quite a "creme brulee" - it was more of a "free-standing" custard with bananas and caramel. It came recommended by our server and was delicious - perhaps if you ask your server, he or she will be able to help you (and if it has changed, there's always a chance they'll be able to make the dessert you remember) Have fun!

Sam

"When you wish upon a star..."

Mack and Katie's Mom

Hmmmm then maybe it is it. I remember it being described as a bananas foster thing too. I was literally just going to go to the lounge and have the dessert. I wasn't going to have dinner there. ONLY dessert.

Currently having WDW withdrawals.
    Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go back!
    WDW - 7/83, 7/86, 3/00, 1/01, 1/03, 8/03, 1/04, 11/04, 1/05, 8/05, 9/07, 4/08, 2/09, 6/09, 6/10, 3/11, 11/11, 3/12, 6/13
    DL - 4/07

How did it go? Was it the same dessert you remember?

Sam

"When you wish upon a star..."