Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MouseAdventure Fall 2009: Look out World, here we come

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MouseAdventure Fall 2009: Look out World, here we come

The dates of the Fall, 2009 MouseAdventure in Walt Disney World will be announced in next week's edition of the MouseAdventure newsletter. Be sure you've registered for the newsletter so you get the news as soon as we announce it!

AVP

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

YEA!!! Congratulations on getting the negotiations done!!!

Now, is that the 'regular' MouseAdventure newsletter or the Florida one? (I'm asking for other people, since I've signed up for both

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    YEA!!! Congratulations on getting the negotiations done!!!

Now, is that the 'regular' MouseAdventure newsletter or the Florida one? (I'm asking for other people, since I've signed up for both
    At the moment we're sending the same newsletter to everyone on both lists.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Blog Entries

Adrienne, you rock!

I just hope Disney is consistent with the Food & Wine Festival closing weekend based on the past few years. Because then it's just a long vacation to be able to fit it all in! Otherwise, it's 2 (Because I'm NOT missing MA in WDW and I'm NOT missing some non-weekend days at the F&W Fest!)

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Just remember, nothing is final until we have that contract signed with Disney. I hesitated to release this date until that was finalized, but I know teams really need to plan ahead for this event. Please, DO NOT make non-refundable travel arrangements until we at least have finalized everything with Disney. In fact, given how small this event is going to be (under 300 players), I'd really recommend that you wait until after registration to book non-refundable travel.

We're working with our travel agency to get everything nailed down with Disney, and we are planning to open registration for the WDW event much earlier than normal to give teams time to make travel plans. We also have something special in the works for the days immediately after the Fall event, so I'd hold off on making those vacation requests until we can release the full schedule....

AVP

CL--DLR Trip Planning and DVC Toocherie's Avatar

sorry--posted in wrong thread

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Kudos to AVP and the rest of the staff on getting the contracts signed with Disney!!!

Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Kudos to AVP and the rest of the staff on getting the contracts signed with Disney!!!
    And many thanks to the gang at Mouse Ear Vacations for helping facilitate the discussions with Disney!

AVP

lee is the man.

I have a quick question here.. sorry if this seems mean or anything, but I'm wondering about the decision to have the fall 09 MA at WDW? Can't you have one at DL and one at WDW, and have two separate groups of MP staff work on them (like the east coast/WDW MP staff work on the WDW one, and the west coast/DL MP staff work on the DL one)?

Or is that too much work..?

My parents aren't letting me come home for the spring MA in DL and I obviously can't go to the one at WDW, and it's doubtful that I'll be able to go to the spring '10 MA since it coincides with midterms and projects and whatnot.

I'm hoping to go to the fall '10 MA if it's at DL..

errah errah!

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Boy, this will make that new quest with the swimming component a whole lot more interesting...

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDGIRLS View Post
    I have a quick question here.. sorry if this seems mean or anything, but I'm wondering about the decision to have the fall 09 MA at WDW? Can't you have one at DL and one at WDW, and have two separate groups of MP staff work on them (like the east coast/WDW MP staff work on the WDW one, and the west coast/DL MP staff work on the DL one)?
    I think you're either grossly overestimating the size of the MP staff or else the workload it takes to plan just one MA. It's not an issue of willingness, it's an issue of man/womanpower.

Adrienne
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

lee is the man.

ohhhk, gotcha. thanks.

i figure by the time the next MA rolls around DL i'll have enough frequent fly miles to fly home for free..

errah errah!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRDGIRLS View Post
    Or is that too much work..?
    It's more work than you can believe. I'm not saying that to be dismissive or whiney, but so much work goes into producing each event that we don't feel we can develop both a Disneyland and a Walt Disney World event for this Fall. Most of our East coast staff have never even seen a MouseAdventure event, so asking them to write and run one is cruel and unusual punishment.

AVP

Those of us on the West Coast understand. Although, we will probably have to create a support group to help us through the withdrawals!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ntz4bbl View Post
    Those of us on the West Coast understand. Although, we will probably have to create a support group to help us through the withdrawals!
    We have a little something up our sleeves for those of you who want something to do on a bright November Saturday morning.

Yes, I said Saturday. Think about it...

Aww, I'm pretty sure the Monday after Fall MA will be the start of parent teacher conferences. So there's no way I can do the cruise, and unlikely I can make it out for the game day. Too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    We have a little something up our sleeves for those of you who want something to do on a bright November Saturday morning.

Yes, I said Saturday. Think about it...
    Oooh.....now you have our curiosity up!

Blog Entries

Any word on when the details will be coming out?

Cathy

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR..... MKY4ME's Avatar

where in the world could tracy and bev be NOW?

hope you find us this time--heehee

looking forward to seeing our fellow MP's in Florida--should be lots of fun!

You reach a point where you don't work for money.
    Walt Disney

AKA mrs motomickey

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Any word on when the details will be coming out?
    Soonish.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Soonish.
    You know I only bug you when you put definitive times (like 'next week') in things like newsletters!
    Cathy

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    You know I only bug you when you put definitive times (like 'next week') in things like newsletters!
    Oh, that's a "Joe" issue. I've learned that "soonish" is as much detail as I can safely give.

AVP

Blog Entries

How early in the morning will the in-park announcement of winners be? Is it expected to be compatible with those going on the cruise?

Cathy

Romance @ Disney Goddess
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Evilness on the East Coast :cue maniacal laughter:

Hakuna Matata
    Parent of a Princess, Disney Cruise Line Community Leader, DL College Program Alum (PM me for info) , and former Disney Store Plush Princess
    There's nothing like listening to "Feed the Birds" while sitting on the steps of St. Paul's.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwel View Post
    Evilness on the East Coast :cue maniacal laughter:
    Why do I hear the word "Kindle" in the middle of that laughter Niwel