Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Disney Ambassador Program

Disney Ambassador Program

I just got finished reading Adrienne's outstanding article on the new Disneyland Ambassador. The first I had heard of this program was a thread in the Tokyo section about the new selectee out there, so I learned a lot from Adrienne's description of the program.

What a fabulous program! I am so impressed with Disney for the way they run this, from the interview and selction process to the kinds of things the Ambassadors get to do to their continuing role after their tour of duty is over. In addition to the obivous benefits of having Ambassadors at each Disney park site, I'm sure this must be a real morale-booster to cast members to be able to compete for such a prestigious position.

The more I learn about Disney, the more impressed I get...

Rocket Scientist/Future Imagineer
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", Alan Kay
    Come join the Pleasure Island Lover's Club!

2. # ADS

The first Disney Ambassador, "Miss Disneyland Centennial" of 1965 is featured on a Disney DVD my wife got me for Christmas. Every time I watch it I find it funnier. First, she's dressed in a somewhat ridiculous riding outfit complete with crop. Furthermore, it's obvious how far political correctness has come. All through the show people make comments about how good looking she is, that she sure "looks" like a good choice. When Walt introduces her to the bird from Tiki Room, he whistles at her.

Gee, I kinda liked it when things were that way. Miss Centennial didn't seem to mind.

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Klutch
    First, she's dressed in a somewhat ridiculous riding outfit complete with crop.
    The Disneyland Hosts still wear those outfits (including riding crop)!
    MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.