Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland Deluxe AP Deal at Costco (Bonus $50 Gift Card)

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

There are 37 Costco stores within 50 miles of Disneyland. Based on reports in this thread, here are the stores that definitely DO and DO NOT have the tickets.

If you are a Costco member and live near one of the stores that is not confirmed below, please check the next time you're there and let me know so I can update this thread. Also, if anyone gets a chance, please double check at Moreno Valley to see if they have them yet.

All distances are from the Disneyland Resort.

Fullerton (Distance: 2.4 miles)
    900 South Harbor Boulevard
    Fullerton, California 92832

Garden Grove (Distance: 4.3 miles)
    11000 Garden Grove Boulevard
    Garden Grove, California 92843

Cypress (Distance: 7.4 miles)
    5401 Katella Ave
    Cypress, California 90720

La Habra (Distance: 7.8 miles)
    101 N Beach Blvd
    La Habra, California 90631

Fountain Valley (Distance: 8.9 miles)
    17900 Newhope Street
    Fountain Valley, California 92708

Tustin (Distance: 9.6 miles)
    2655 El Camino Real
    Tustin, California 92782

Yorba Linda (Distance: 10.2 miles)
    22633 Savi Ranch Parkway
    Yorba Linda, California 92886

Tustin II (Distance: 10.2 miles)
    2700 Park Ave
    Tustin, California 92782

City of Industry (Distance: 11.4 miles)
    17550 Castleton St.
    City of Industry, California 91748

Norwalk (Distance: 12.8 miles)
    12324 Hoxie Avenue
    Norwalk, California 90650

Signal Hill (Distance: 14.8 miles)
    2200 East Willow Street
    Signal Hill, California 90755

Irvine (Distance: 15.1 miles)
    115 Technology West Drive
    Irvine, California 92618

Chino Hills (Distance: 15.9 miles)
    13111 Peyton Drive
    Chino Hills, California 91709

Montebello (Distance: 17.6 miles)
    1345 North Montebello Boulevard
    Montebello, California 90640

San Dimas (Distance: 20 miles)
    520 N Lone Hill Ave
    San Dimas, California 91773

Azusa (Distance: 21 miles)
    1220 West Foothill Boulevard
    Azusa, California 91702

Montclair (Distance: 21.5 miles)
    9404 Central Avenue
    Montclair, California 91763

Laguna Niguel Marketplace (Distance: 21.7 miles)
    27220 Heather Ridge Road
    Laguna Niguel, California 92677

Alhambra (Distance: 22.5 miles)
    2207 West Commonwealth Avenue
    Alhambra, California 91803

Corona (Distance: 22.7 miles)
    480 McKinley Street
    Corona, California 92879

Laguna Niguel (Distance: 23 miles)
    27972 Cabot Road
    Laguna Niguel, California 92677

Torrance (Distance: 24.6 miles)
    2751 Sky Park Drive
    Torrance, California 90505

Inglewood (Distance: 25.7 miles)
    3560 West Century Blvd
    Inglewood, California 90303

Rancho Cucamonga (Distance: 26.8 miles)
    11800 4th Street
    Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730

Hawthorne (Distance: 27 miles)
    14501 Hindry Avenue
    Hawthorne, California 90250

San Juan Capistrano (Distance: 28.3 miles)
    33961 Doheny Park Road
    San Juan Capistrano, California 92675

Los Feliz (Distance: 28.8 miles)
    2901 Los Feliz Boulevard
    Los Angeles, California 90039

Culver City (Distance: 33.6 miles)
    13463 Washington Boulevard
    Marina del Rey, California 90292

Burbank (Distance: 34.1 miles)
    1051 Burbank Blvd.
    Burbank, California 91506

Fontana (Distance: 34.3 miles)
    16505 Sierra Lakes Parkway
    Fontana, California 92336

Lake Elsinore (Distance: 34.3 miles)
    29315 Central Ave
    Lake Elsinore, California 92532

Moreno Valley (Distance: 36.9 miles)
    12700 Day Street
    Moreno Valley, California 92553

Van Nuys (Distance: 40.1 miles)
    6100 Sepulveda Boulevard
    Van Nuys, California 91411

San Bernardino (Distance: 40.6 miles)
    1099 East Hospitality Lane
    San Bernardino, California 92408

Northridge (Distance: 46.1 miles)
    8810 Tampa Avenue
    Northridge, California 91324

Canoga Park (Distance: 47.6 miles)
    21300 Roscoe Boulevard
    Canoga Park, California 91304

Temecula (Distance: 48.4 miles)
    26610 Ynez Road
    Temecula, California 92591

Other California Locations that DO have the tickets:

San Louis Obispo
    Santa Cruz

San Marcos
    Fresno
    Victorville

Last edited by AVP; 10-30-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

thank you so much for compiling this list!! we leave for LA in 22 days, woot woot!! hope this is still going on then cos i am buying 3 APs!! $150 in gift cards would sure be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by potterphreak View Post
    thank you so much for compiling this list!! we leave for LA in 22 days, woot woot!! hope this is still going on then cos i am buying 3 APs!! $150 in gift cards would sure be nice!
    I echo the thanks. That's very helpful. I've got a little over a month before I travel and I'm hoping the deal is still in place. I'm springing for 8 APs, so $400 would be very helpful.

Thank you so much!

Lightbulb Driving down from Northern CA, looking for the closest Costco

OK so I am planning on picking up the kids from school (3pm) on Friday then driving down to about the Grape Vine to spend the night , then drive to DL the next morning.
    So my thought's are maybe I can stop at a Costco friday night on the way down to pick up those tickets/AP's/vouchers. I know that Costco hours are generally 11am to 8:30pm Mon-Fri. We are having a really short trip 2.5 days at DL so I don't want to waste time waiting for Costco to open at 9:30a to purchase the tickets on Saturday morning. Saturday morning I really want to have already been in the park for an hour and a half.

So if anybody can help me out, I was researching the different Costco locations up and down I-5 & 99. If anybody could tell me if they live near any of these Costco's and if they know if the tickets are available?

These are the locations that I was thinking about. If anybody has any other suggestions it would greatly appreciated.

And so here is my list and the driving distance with times from Fairfield:

Turlock (95 miles - 1hr 40min)
    Merced (123 miles - 2hr 8min)
    Fresno (173 miles - 3hr)
    Visalia (222 miles - 3hr 41min)
    Bakersfield (289 miles - 4hr 35min)

Thanks for reading this long post and any feed back. I am sure I am not the only family interested from northern CA. I really don't understand why they think it is only southern CA family's would be interested in this item. They should at least make it available online.

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayjennn View Post
    If anybody could tell me if they live near any of these Costco's and if they know if the tickets are available?
    Since you already know which stores you can get to, I'd call them and see if they have the tickets in stock. The Costco Web site is supposed to get them, but I don't know when.

AVP

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Thanks, we are leaving on 10/17. I guess I have just been hearing the half the time the employee's don't even know what you are talking about when you call. So I was hoping for a visual from one of the friends on MP.

Thanks, we are leaving on 10/17. I guess I have just been hearing the half the time the employee's don't even know what you are talking about when you call. So I was hoping for a visual from one of the friends on MP.
    Someone said already that Bakerfield had them (I thought), how much would that be pushing it for you timewise? at the earliest your timeline would be 7:30ish when do they close and traffic? Sounds like a definate phone call for hours and if they have them....

I called Costco General Membership at their 800 number and also emailed the corporate office. In both cases I was told that the DAPs were not going to be offered online. Waaah!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" -Walt Disney

DizMeDD & DizMe

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
    I called Costco General Membership at their 800 number and also emailed the corporate office. In both cases I was told that the DAPs were not going to be offered online. Waaah!
    What? Argh, I need to check with someone because that's not what I was told.

AVP

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    What? Argh, I need to check with someone because that's not what I was told.

AVP
    And this is exactly why I wanted to know if anybody had seen them in the store. You get so many different stories from each employee you talk to....

Thanks for you help, so again maybe anybody live in Visalia??

AVP Thank you so much for putting that list together, it'll be really easy for those of us that aren't in So. CA to track down our Costco AP's! You're a rock star!!

Jenn

Just curious is this the type of items that a costco could run out of. Or is there just an infinate amt. I just don't want to leave on Nov. 9th and show up at a costco and them say we ran out....I have no desire to run around. I get to excited when I get close to the park. It has been a year and this year we decided to get AP's

I'm trying to make sure I understand this all correct & if it will work for us.

We live in AZ & are visiting in Dec. We planned on buying 3 day hopper passes & upgrading to a deluxe AP after using the early entry (which we're willing to give up for $200 spending money!). 2 adults & 2 kids.

We don't have a Costco card but a friend does. If I give our friend $1076 (yes I trust this friend) then she can purchase 4 AP's for us,give us the receipt, we take it to a ticket booth at DL in Dec., and we get $200 in the form of Disney gift cards? If the answer is yes, is are the gift cards good at restaurants in DL/DCA/DTD? Anyone know?

Also, I have not checked with AZ Costcos yet but my friend will be in CA next weekend. I can talk her into a side trip if need be.

Do you think this could work for us or is it too good to be true? Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by aznewsboy View Post
    ... are the gift cards good at restaurants in DL/DCA/DTD? Anyone know?
    The gift cards should be good at the restaurants in DL, DCA and in the DLH, PP and DGC hotels. But not in DTD.

Jenn

Can you use the gift card to to get Disney dollars?

!

Check the disney gift card website for the locations where the gift cards are accepted. Most of the resort resturants accept them, with the exception of Taste Pilots. They were very nice to have, but sure went quickly, four people two lunches and a mickey mouse hat and poof the money was gone

Disneyland IS the Happiest place on Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by aznewsboy View Post
    We don't have a Costco card but a friend does. If I give our friend $1076 (yes I trust this friend) then she can purchase 4 AP's for us,give us the receipt, we take it to a ticket booth at DL in Dec., and we get $200 in the form of Disney gift cards? If the answer is yes, is are the gift cards good at restaurants in DL/DCA/DTD? Anyone know?
    Yes, it would work. You just need the Voucher that they will get at Costco (its printed on a normal paper ticket) to trade in at the Vacation Planning Booth (the nice fancy name for the Ticket Booths) for you Pass and Gift Card. And if you have never had a pass before (or it last expired over 2 years ago), you will need to go get your picture taken as well.

Disney Gift Cards are valid for use at Disney Operated stores on Disneyland Resort property, Walt Disney World Resort property, the ships of the Disney Cruise Line, US Disney Stores and DisneyShopping.com. They will not work with any 3rd party company operating a store or restaurant in the Downtown Disney District. Well, that last part is true at the DLR, not so sure about WDW. And, of course, they will not work at the carts around the park that do not have cash registers.

Can you use the gift card to to get Disney dollars?
    Unfortunately, you can not use Gift Cards to purchase Disney Dollars.

Thank you all for the clarification. $200 to spend in the park for food will go pretty far for us & opens up more money for the hotel.

We have never had AP's before & are looking forward to the discounts, a mini trip in April(for a b-day=more free spending money),& getting our 2009 annual trip in Oct(another b-day).

Now, I'm off to convince my friend to stop by a Costco for me.

One last (hopefully) question: If she can't/won't do this for me do you think there's a good chance they'll still be selling these in Dec? Might be worth it to get a membership....

If I do manage to find someone to buy one for me, is there tax on it? If so, how much?

DizMeDD & DizMe

Quote Originally Posted by jennasmom View Post
    if anyone ever goes into the santa cruz costco again keep checking until we figure out that they have them and remember to give them item number 295609....
    I was there today and they still don't have them. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
    If I do manage to find someone to buy one for me, is there tax on it? If so, how much?
    No Sales Tax on Admission Tickets in California

Of course, when you use the $50 Gift Card, any applicable Sales Tax will be added to the item(s) purchased, and would be taken off the card, For example, you buy a $10 merchandise item in the park, your Gift Card would be charged about $10.80 if the tax rate was 8%.
    Check out my photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    No Sales Tax on Admission Tickets in California

Of course, when you use the $50 Gift Card, any applicable Sales Tax will be added to the item(s) purchased, and would be taken off the card, For example, you buy a $10 merchandise item in the park, your Gift Card would be charged about $10.80 if the tax rate was 8%.
    Thanks so much, Darkbeer!

DizMeDD & DizMe

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

My husband used two of them this morning for himself and our middle son. Our APs expired over the summer. He took the tickets to the Guest Relations booth and they printed their APs using the pictures on file in the computer. They got to pick their gift cards. S picked CARS (of course,) and Doc picked a John Hench Monorail card.

Adrienne

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

URGENT question: is there any problem with having someone buy this for you? I finally found someone (cousin of my BF) who will buy 2 passes for me, but she said that a couple of years ago when they ran some similar promotion, you had to buy your own pass--your Costco card had to match the name on your pass or something. I'm not sure exactly what she was saying. I can't see why it would matter if you don't activate the pass until you go to DL, since it won't have a name on it until then, right?

DizMeDD & DizMe