Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: French Market

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If there isn't rice, they shouldn't call it jambalya. Everyone has their own recipe, and some can't even make the same recipe twice because it's one of those 'feel' and 'dependent on ingredients at hand' dishes. But EVERY jambalya I've EVER heard of has rice.

(But don't get me started on the naming of dishes in the restaurants in that area....)

Cathy

2. # ADS

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    so - in september, the only places to east in NOS are Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans (both of which usually require a PSR) and the Veranda (soup bowls only). oh,yeah, and mcdonald's frys.
    No, it's really sad, but Conostoga Wagon AND Harbour Galley are both closed September 2 - at least October 31, which happens to be the same dates as the "Burger Invasion Conversion" listed on the DCA refurb calendar, which is leading me to hope that McDonalds is leaving the DLR.

AVP
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    No, it's really sad, but Conostoga Wagon AND Harbour Galley are both closed September 2 - at least October 31, which happens to be the same dates as the "Burger Invasion Conversion" listed on the DCA refurb calendar, which is leading me to hope that McDonalds is leaving the DLR.

AVP
    I thought I read somewhere a while back that McDonald's corporate sponsorship was not renewed and that, indeed, McDonald's is leaving DLR. I was not aware of the timeframe, but this looks like what may be occurring.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post

AVP
    reported on an alternate web site that the relationship in house is definitely over in september. two fry locations and Burger Invasion are gone.

Actually - the fry carts were the two places I could get mcdonald's frys REALLY hot and REALLY fresh compared to outside the park.

Hey - look on the bright side - maybe the site lines will be better along the river! They could always turn Harbor Galley into a smoke shop. it's right there next to the very popular smoking area along the western banks of the river. (kidding!)

I want popcorn shrimp and cajun fried items brought back to Harbor Galley - or even something like Chicken Fries. (oh, wait, they have fried sticks in Frontierland). then again, it follows suit that repeating food inside the park is the trend de rigueur these days.
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    then again, it follows suit that repeating food inside the park is the trend de rigueur these days.
    I don't think it's all that much different than it used to be. At one point probably 6 or so years ago, you could get fried chicken at four different places at the park. We always joked that they must have gotten a good deal on chicken and batter.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I want popcorn shrimp and cajun fried items brought back to Harbor Galley - or even something like Chicken Fries. (oh, wait, they have fried sticks in Frontierland). then again, it follows suit that repeating food inside the park is the trend de rigueur these days.

How about popcorn chicken, seasoned fries, shrimp(seprated oils for chicken fry) and I' d love to see muffeta sandwichs on some kind of menu at DL !!

cathy any good muffetta's in your town???(or spelled mofettas too, I guess it all depends where you are!)

We ate here our last night in the park on Friday and really enjoyed it. My dad and I both got the salmon and it was perfectly cooked and flavorful. My mom got the pasta dish and it was really good and cheesy. The vegetables were perfectly cooked. All in all, we were very satisfied and impressed with it.

-Foodie

Quote Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
    We ate here our last night in the park on Friday and really enjoyed it. My dad and I both got the salmon and it was perfectly cooked and flavorful. My mom got the pasta dish and it was really good and cheesy. The vegetables were perfectly cooked. All in all, we were very satisfied and impressed with it.

-Foodie
    hehe, sounds like you are a mystery shopper I read so much about backstage, those things are littered everywhere on walls

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    cathy any good muffetta's in your town???(or spelled mofettas too, I guess it all depends where you are!)
    We spell that sandwhich Muffuletta, and of COURSE there are good ones here - where do you think they were invented?!

Quote Originally Posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    hehe, sounds like you are a mystery shopper I read so much about backstage, those things are littered everywhere on walls
    I don't see what she wrote that makes you think she was a mystery shopper (and what's littered backstage, the pasta?)
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    I don't see what she wrote that makes you think she was a mystery shopper (and what's littered backstage, the pasta?)
    What she wrote sounds like a positive mystery shop narrative. Not a big deal, just means she writes well.
    Planning 3 trips at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88 View Post
    We spell that sandwhich Muffuletta, and of COURSE there are good ones here - where do you think they were invented?!
    Just checking to see if you were awake!!! How are they made in your part of the woods?? they use ham , jack cheese, and olives/peper spread out here!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
    Just checking to see if you were awake!!! How are they made in your part of the woods?? they use ham , jack cheese, and olives/peper spread out here!
    MULTIPLE kinds of meat, and lots of olive spread. I'm not a huge olive fan (I can take or leave them) so I don't eat them, so I'm not sure if/what kind of cheese is normal. But they're on big round bread. A half is a VERY large sandwhich.
    Cathy

What she wrote sounds like a positive mystery shop narrative. Not a big deal, just means she writes well.
    Awww, I'm an aspiring writer so that just made my day...!! And nope, I'm not a mystery shopper, just a happy guest.

-Foodie