PDA

View Full Version : What's the skinny on the new Tinker Bell attraction?

HisKid
04-23-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm sure SOMEone on here has all sorts of insight about it. BTW, I had to make a very concerted effort to make TB TWO words, but I did it. See how you MP'ers are training me?

PanFan
04-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Very good on spelling Tink's full name correctly! Unfortunately I don't have any info about it other than rumors I've heard (like it will be a meet and greet in the old Motor Boat Cruise area), but I have absolutely no substantiation for. And frankly if I did know anything, I wouldn't post on the subject until it was made public. See, I value my job at Disneyland and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it :) Patience...

HisKid
04-24-2008, 05:56 AM
See, I value my job at Disneyland and don't want to do anything to jeopardize it :) Patience...

Would never, never want you to do that! I just thought there may have been some buzz about it, and more details than was actually announced (which was almost nothing). Thanks!

yellowrosedtxn
04-24-2008, 06:03 AM
I just read this in the OC Register, not sure if you read it or not... but it was posted here with a link but here is a quote:

Disney plans to add a Tinker Bell attraction at Disneyland in October

A Tinker Bell attraction will open at Disneyland in October. This was the first time Grier mentioned the attraction, and he was short on details. All he would say is that "we know how special she is to all our guests" and that she will be in Disneyland in October. That timing coincides with the Oct. 28 Disney DVD and Blu-ray release of "Tinker Bell," the first in a new franchise of original movies that include the Peter Pan-movie character along with other fairies.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-grier-disneyland-2025017-hotel-plans

Bytebear
04-24-2008, 08:30 AM
If it's opening in October, that's not enough time to build a ride from scratch. My guess is since it is most likely going to be in Fantasyland, they either revamp an existing dark ride or re-open the castle. My bet is on the latter.

Another possiblilty is re-theming the Village Haus and calling it an attraction.

olegc
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
If it's opening in October, that's not enough time to build a ride from scratch. My guess is since it is most likely going to be in Fantasyland, they either revamp an existing dark ride or re-open the castle. My bet is on the latter.

Another possiblilty is re-theming the Village Haus and calling it an attraction.

in another thread somewhere they mentioned that Imagineers were seen with plans in hand inspecting the Fantasyland Skyway station. There was speculation then that there was something happening, and someone mentioned a Tinker Bell Meet and greet. Remember, it's an "attraction" and that does not necessarily say it's a ride. Ariel's Grotto is an attraction - but it's just a meet and greet.

Bytebear
04-24-2008, 09:47 AM
in another thread somewhere they mentioned that Imagineers were seen with plans in hand inspecting the Fantasyland Skyway station. There was speculation then that there was something happening, and someone mentioned a Tinker Bell Meet and greet. Remember, it's an "attraction" and that does not necessarily say it's a ride. Ariel's Grotto is an attraction - but it's just a meet and greet.

A friend suggested that to me too. His exact words were "I hope it is not some cheesy Ariel's Grotto type thing, because that is an attraction under Disney thinking."

xsilverxstarsx
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM

i work at village haus and that is definately not a possibility. we are getting some new things, but nothing compared to a whole re-themeing of the restaraunt.

olegc
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
A friend suggested that to me too. His exact words were "I hope it is not some cheesy Ariel's Grotto type thing, because that is an attraction under Disney thinking."

don't forget - Iger was recently interviewed by a business journal and he tried to differentiate what was a "franchise" (think HSM) and what was not. The disney company has been trying desparately for years to make Fairies a franchise and keeps delaying the start. With the coming movies and products (and Tink talks!) my guess is this is essentially their attempt at trying some synergy, and if it works they will expand on it. If not, they simply will shutter the attraction.

Anyone remember the Narnia "attraction"? it was a mini show meet and greet, and after a few months it was done and cleaned up, without a hint of it ever being there. My guess is if this takes off it could be something similar to "Princess Fantasy Faire" but for fairies..

Bytebear
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I think Tink has enough popuarity to have her own permenant meet-and-greet. I loved the Ice Queen, and wished they had done more with Narnia, and hopefully Prince Caspian will allow for that, but I can't see it getting much bigger unless they create a Narnia land somewhere. So, now I am thinking the attraction is going to simply be a meet-and-greet. It certainly fits the timeline. How elaborate they make the area is another question, but the meet and greet by the castle (of various villians) was pretty lame and obviously a temporary thing. I hope they at least give Tink her own area.

PanFan
04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Would never, never want you to do that! I just thought there may have been some buzz about it, and more details than was actually announced (which was almost nothing). Thanks!

I know that's not what you wanted me (or anyone else) to do. I just thought I'd explain why I don't always post all the info I may know. But honestly I don't know anything about this and the rumors I did hear were from quite a long time ago.

olegc
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I think Tink has enough popuarity to have her own permenant meet-and-greet. I loved the Ice Queen, and wished they had done more with Narnia, and hopefully Prince Caspian will allow for that, but I can't see it getting much bigger unless they create a Narnia land somewhere. So, now I am thinking the attraction is going to simply be a meet-and-greet. It certainly fits the timeline. How elaborate they make the area is another question, but the meet and greet by the castle (of various villians) was pretty lame and obviously a temporary thing. I hope they at least give Tink her own area.

hmmm - what if they were to remanufacture the skyway station as the lantern or the clock that Tink slept in (I know I am mixing movies here). that would be an interesting diversion. however folks with wheelchairs and such would not be able to get up there (stairs versus ramps). and I don't think they would go to such lengths as to build new ramps so steep.

the only other place where I could see this set up is Small World Plaza - OR - a portion of the old Carnation bandstand area - close to the side entrance of Fantasyland where, voila, the Tink shop is located... can't have an attraction without a shop, you know...

carolinakid
04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Would the meet and great involve a real person? I say that because I always thought the reason Tink was only seen flying through the sky or on a parade float was because of the size issue. Who's ever seen a 5'6" fairy? (Well, on 2nd thought I've known a few...) But seriously, do you think the meet & greet will be with a real Tinker Bell or an animated image like Turtle Talk with Crush where they could maintain her inches sized pixie body? :confused:

olegc
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Would the meet and great involve a real person? I say that because I always thought the reason Tink was only seen flying through the sky or on a parade float was because of the size issue. Who's ever seen a 5'6" fairy? (Well, on 2nd thought I've known a few...) But seriously, do you think the meet & greet will be with a real Tinker Bell or an animated image like Turtle Talk with Crush where they could maintain her inches sized pixie body? :confused:

IMHO - real. small person - but real. who knows, though. No details have been released...

MammaSilva
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
you ever see a real 5' mouse? This is Disney...Alice isn't 5' tall in the books, none of the fuzzy characters are directly proportional...if they decide to do a Tink meet/greet....the CM will be petite and adorable and be blonde but she won't be proportional to any screen version of her persona.

Bytebear
04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
you ever see a real 5' mouse? This is Disney...Alice isn't 5' tall in the books, none of the fuzzy characters are directly proportional...if they decide to do a Tink meet/greet....the CM will be petite and adorable and be blonde but she won't be proportional to any screen version of her persona.

I was thinking about that. Even if we used the perportions of Mickey from the "Friends" statue, he would still be less than 3 feet tall.

Drince88
04-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I think Tink has enough popuarity to have her own permenant meet-and-greet. I loved the Ice Queen, and wished they had done more with Narnia, and hopefully Prince Caspian will allow for that, but I can't see it getting much bigger unless they create a Narnia land somewhere.
You can always go to Disney Hollywood Studios (previously known as Disney MGM Studios) in Walt Disney World - though I believe right now it's closed to add Prince Caspian stuff.

oohykitten
04-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Disney just doesn't give new meet and greets a shot. It seems you have to hunt them down, or they can't sign..or like Stitch the put him up in the hotel only at breakfast...it just seems silly. They will bring Tink in, and unless done VERY well, it will fail.

Another Dimension
04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Tinker Bell, Meeting & Greeting in DL, will definitely be less than 5' tall... :)

the meet and greet by the castle (of various villians) was pretty lame

:eek:

So Disneyland should have just replaced it with another cart or what is there now... absolutely nothing?
That's what so many of the Guests really want. Higher prices, less offerings.

:(

olegc
04-28-2008, 10:40 AM
unqualified rumor states that the Tinker Bell meet in greet will replace Ariel's grotto - and it will be called Pixie Hollow. Ariel will move to the Princess Fantasy Faire with white wedding dress and all. No fins....

DisneyFanKat
04-28-2008, 03:11 PM
unqualified rumor states that the Tinker Bell meet in greet will replace Ariel's grotto - and it will be called Pixie Hollow. Ariel will move to the Princess Fantasy Faire with white wedding dress and all. No fins....

Does anyone think that might mean they change the rest of that area (the King Triton / Ariel statues) as well? To go with more of a Pixie theme instead of Little Mermaid?

olegc
04-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Does anyone think that might mean they change the rest of that area (the King Triton / Ariel statues) as well? To go with more of a Pixie theme instead of Little Mermaid?

i think if rumor be true, then they have not thought it through all the way. In fact - if they put up a few temp shrubs to provide a divider (and hide the Buzz queue as well ) then they can create a small enclave. - Still keeping the fountains as is...

jazzysmom
04-28-2008, 08:32 PM
This is all so exciting! I love TINK!