PDA

View Full Version : My Crazy Space Mountain Story

DisneylandBoy
09-22-2002, 09:16 AM
I was on Space Mountain last night (Sat, Sept 21) around 10:00. We went through about 80% of the ride and then stopped! The lights came on and we got to see what it looked like! This is the first time this has happened to me, so I was very excited. After waiting about 10 minutes, a guy came and pushed us and we got to ride through the rest of the ride with the lights on. Then we got to go again once they had fixed it. It was very cool! Just wanted to share with you.

cstephens
09-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
I was on Space Mountain last night (Sat, Sept 21) around 10:00. We went through about 80% of the ride and then stopped! The lights came on and we got to see what it looked like! This is the first time this has happened to me, so I was very excited. After waiting about 10 minutes, a guy came and pushed us and we got to ride through the rest of the ride with the lights on. Then we got to go again once they had fixed it. It was very cool! Just wanted to share with you.

Cool! That's one of the attractions I'd like to be stopped on. I remember numerous threads where people talked about where in which attraction they'd like to have the good fortune of being stopped. I was stopped on Indy once, and it was cool, but I'd love to be stopped on/near the bridge or in the runaway boulder room.

Laffite
09-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
I was stopped on Indy once, and it was cool, but I'd love to be stopped on/near the bridge or in the runaway boulder room.

Done it. It's not as exciting as you think. We were in front of the boulder for 4 minutes under Indy, then the car went forward one inch and triggered the boulder sensor to run the effect. Then Indy deliver his usual line and we went under the boulder. Then we stopped again under the boulder is near complete darkness, also not very exciting except for the still-bouncing car. This was after Fantasmic so it was at night, and they only had one station open.

MammaSilva
09-22-2002, 10:19 AM
of all the attractions the only one I could think of that I'd really think was cool to ride with the lights on would be Space Mountain, I wouldn't want to have to walk out on Indy (my luck we'd break down by the slithering thing) and I most assuredly wouldn't want to be 'stuck/evacuated' off of the monorail anyplace but at either station.... so far in all our trips the only evacuation any of us 'got' to experience was my brother and the 4 kids got to walk out of Splash but they had already made the drop so they didn't get to see a lot of "back" stage stuff....but the boys thought that was way cool....everything else that has stopped they managed to get going pretty quickly....no one should get to count being stopped on the Rocket Rods since it happened so often it almost became a part of the "normal" ride :)

MonorailMan
09-22-2002, 02:33 PM
It's happend to me twice. I hope it happens some more! :D

Morrigoon
09-22-2002, 03:07 PM
Go in a large (and I don't just mean many, I also mean "large") group to Small World. Chances are you'll bottom out somewhere near Canada and get walked off.

Laffite
09-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Chances are you'll bottom out somewhere near Canada and get walked off.

Ahhh!! It had to be Canada ey!?! lol :)

newhdplayer
09-22-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Go in a large (and I don't just mean many, I also mean "large") group to Small World. Chances are you'll bottom out somewhere near Canada and get walked off.

Now, now. You shouldn't be picking on the gravitationally challenged.

Morrigoon
09-22-2002, 05:22 PM
I *am* the gravitationally challenged.

madamemortem
09-23-2002, 04:04 AM
I got stuck on Space Mtn, but we were in the tunnel just before you re-enter the station, so I didn't get to see anything when they turned the lights on. Drat!:mad:
But I did get stuck in Big Thunder just before you go up the first lift (you know, the bat cave) and they had to turn on the lights and get us out.
I have also gotten stuck on Indy (I guess you call it the dart tunnel) and once again they had to turn on the lights and come and get us. People were taking their pictures next to the last Indy before you re-enter the station.
Let's see...got stuck on the people mover..that was a little scary to have to walk on that track back to the station
And also stuck on Pirates...for 45 minutes in front of the well dunking scene, they turned on the lights, but they got the ride moving again so I didnt get to see any behind the scenes stuff.:crying:

hbquikcomjamesl
09-24-2002, 09:06 AM
Let's see...got stuck on the people mover..that was a little scary to have to walk on that track back to the station

Happened to me, once, too. Not more than about 100' out of the Carousel Theatre building, so I didn't have very far to walk. I was a bit surprised that opening the doors involved tripping a release then lifting the roof.

jslivinski
09-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Unrelated to the story, but my son wanted me to find out what type of restraints they use on Space Mountain. Since this is the first SM thread I came too, can someone let me know so I can let him know.

Thanks

dizneelover
09-24-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski
Unrelated to the story, but my son wanted me to find out what type of restraints they use on Space Mountain. Since this is the first SM thread I came too, can someone let me know so I can let him know.

Thanks

Space @ DL is seated 2 seats per row, each seat has a lap bar.

Traci
09-24-2002, 01:38 PM
When Disney used to open up just for Annual Passholders and throw their yearly annual passholder party, I got to ride Space Mountain all the way through with the lights on. I have to tell you, it's very interesting to see, but not as fun to ride when the lights are on.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-24-2002, 05:04 PM
We were stopped at one of the first brakes and then were pushed like Dboy. Riding with the lights on is scary! You can see just how close the structure is above you. I'll never rise my hands on that ride now. :D

We were so bummed that we didn't have a camera with us! :(