PDA

View Full Version : Moving Splash Mountain Fast Pass

Denise624
09-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Was at DL last night. We noticed that they are moving the fast pass machines right next door to the Haunted Mansion. They still have it covered, but you could clearly see the signs. That will make it so much easier to get fast pass without having to make the trip all the way down to the entrance. I wonder if they are moving the fast pass entrance also? Sorry if this is repeat info.

KimmyPooh
09-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info. It makes sense to put the Fast Pass machine closer to HM. It will be much more convenient.:p

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-22-2002, 11:46 AM
AAHHHHAAAAA! I was there 2 weeks ago and they had a section blocked off there. I couldnt think of what it would be for. But now I know.

roberts1398
09-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Ooooooh anyone know when it's going to open? Here's hoping before I go this weekend, LOL!

Darkbeer
09-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Diane, NO!!!!, If they close down Critter Country in November, you might see it open when they reopen the area.

But you still have the old Splash FastPass (that will become the FP location for "that new attraction in Critter Country" that should open next year).

You will see photos of it when it opens online, and you need to have to have SOME reason to return and use your PAP....:p

Ghoulish Delight
09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
They probably won't be opening it until after the next round of refurbs are through. There set to close Splash down some time in the next couple of months, so it wouldn't make sense to open these machines for such a short period.

I have mixed feelings about this location (the third choice for Splash FP location). It will be nice to not have to walk all the way to Timbucktoo, but the Haunted Mansion-->Critter Country transition area is already a nasty bottleneck on busy days. Stick the most popular FP machine there and, when you finally do return to use your FP, good luck getting through. I shudder to think what that area will be like next year if Splash with this FP location during Haunted Mansion Holiday. It'd be absolute gridlock!

Polar33
09-25-2002, 12:15 AM
The walls around the machines came down today. There were partitions set up to divert traffic flow. There were no signs set up yet to designate it as the Splash Fastpass (version 3.0) location but they look like they will be ready to go pretty soon.

I'm hoping that the standby line will now begin there (like it used to) insted of down the hill, that should cut down on a lot of congestion in Critter Country. When Critter Country reopened from it's repaving it became much, much more congested than it used to be, and being the major ODV thoroughfare it was a nightmare pushing in/out wagons most days. I look forward to see what it will do to aid the traffic flow in this "dead end" of the park.

Techie7
09-25-2002, 12:33 AM
The new Splash Fastpass Area does have signs on it designating it as such. The barricades worked for today and most people seemed to understand what was happening. (Some people though were just lost with the whole two fastpass locations thing). The times displayed "TST" which I assume meant test and was put up to keep people from thinking it was for a different time (as happened on Sunday).I do fear the congestion that will occur when it is used so close to HM. Should be interesting to see when it comes online.

Polar33
09-25-2002, 01:10 AM
There were signs? Wow...I didn't stop to take a major look at it (I was pushing in a wagon at the time) but I don't remember seeing any. I guess I was expecting big archway type signs like the other location...they tend to grab your attention right to them. I'll have to take a better look at it when I'm not pushing in a wagon sometime. :)

Techie7
09-25-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Polar33
There were signs? Wow...I didn't stop to take a major look at it (I was pushing in a wagon at the time) but I don't remember seeing any. I guess I was expecting big archway type signs like the other location...they tend to grab your attention right to them. I'll have to take a better look at it when I'm not pushing in a wagon sometime. :)

I don't have a handy picture but they had the splash mountain logo just over the tree that holds up the time signs. It is only visible when heading into Critter Country.