PDA

View Full Version : What is with spraying the parade guests with water [Pixar Play Parade]

Pages : [1] 2

DaDuckFan1955
04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I now will be avoiding the parades if this keeps up.

If I want to get wet I'll go to a water park or ride the water rides. NOT when I am sitting down to enjoy a parade.
It's hard enough to keep my glasses clean in the park not to mention my camera lenses.

The water spray takes away from the experience at least in my mind.

anyone else feel the same?

Iceman
04-21-2008, 09:02 PM
No. Chill out and enjoy life. If your biggest complaint is a few drops of water hitting you when watching a Disney parade, you need to reorient yourself and realize how lucky you truly are.

LdyApxr
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Nope, I don't mind the water drops. Its not like they are aiming a firehose at me so I am good. I guess maybe just stand back further to watch. You will still see the parade and stay dry too.

Malcon10t
04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Is this new? None of the parades I have seen have included water...

stan4d_steph
04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Is this new? None of the parades I have seen have included water...It's the new Pixar Play Parade at DCA. Here's a link to some information and photos form a MousePlanet DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl080317xx#news1).

partyoffive
04-22-2008, 05:47 AM
It didn't bother me at all - I sat on the front row with my three kids AND my $1300 camera and every once in a while we got squirted with a water gun like shot of water - but it wasn't enough that any of us walked away "wet" - and my camera didn't get a drop on it! I took a TON of great pics! Personally, I thought it was a fun feature on a warm day.

houseofmouse
04-22-2008, 06:49 AM
My kids might enjoy getting sprayed but not soaked. I agree with LdyApxr, maybe stand a little further away. However I do not agree with Iceman. :)

adriennek
04-22-2008, 07:01 AM
I personally hate getting wet so I dread the day we have to see it. That bums me out because my kids love Pixar but they don't know about the parade so chances are we won't have to see it anyway. :(

Adrienne

MammaSilva
04-22-2008, 07:10 AM
I personally hate getting wet so I dread the day we have to see it. That bums me out because my kids love Pixar but they don't know about the parade so chances are we won't have to see it anyway. :(

Adrienne

Wana bet on that???????????????? :fez:

MauiMickey
04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Personally, I thought it was a fun feature on a warm day.

We saw the Pixar Play Parade on a very cool day in March (the last day it ran) and we got very wet (yes, my camera, too). I think on a nice warm day it would be fun, but it was not fun having to walk around wet and cold all evening.

Jim Dear and Darling
04-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Thank you for the heads up. We'll sit further away when we see it. I wouldn't want to get wet during a parade either. Especially in the evening. It wouldn't make me angry or anything, but I can see how it would be a bummer.

Monstro
04-22-2008, 07:57 AM
They should have "no-squirt zones" for folks not wanting to get wet. :geek:

I wonder if they would throw you out if you started squirting water back at them.... Imagine a water bottle with a hole in the top.... :~D I don't mind getting a little wet as long as I can fight back. I think they should actually encourage this and make it more fun by passing out small squirt guns to little kids. The kids would enjoy the parade/water fight even more. If they are going to do it they should be going all out with it.

We have a local parade on the 4th of July that is one big water fight. People on floats squirt water at those watching and those watching fight back. The fire department gets really into it.

MermaidHair
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM

This is a really great idea! Why don't "they" ever think of these things?

disneyshoes
04-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Ahhh- no way count me out. I have had friends say that they got more then just a squirt and luckily put the camera away since they knew it was coming.

Jim Dear and Darling
04-22-2008, 08:12 AM
I wonder if they would throw you out if you started squirting water back at them....

Sounds like something that would get you booted right out of the Happiest Place on Earth... (for the rest of the day anyway) ;)

Bytebear
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
They could have a "Dry Zone" and then a "Soak Zone" where you really get blasted (if you are so inclined). I am thinking just like at Sea World!

Baloo
04-22-2008, 10:35 PM
They have similiar parades at Hong Kong and Tokyo and have become a guest favorite. Tokyo even has this huge water blast show in front of their castle. Their shows and parades also use lots of water.

I find it amazing that in the state of Sunshine, beaches, multitude of attractions in all theme and amusement parks as well as one of the largest concentration of water parks in the area people get up in arms over a little water being sprayed on them.

we have attractions like grizlley rapids, bear foot rapids, tidel wave and dozen others that soak people and they have a blast. Lines for most of those attractions are hours long. Grizzley the other day had a 120 minute wait but get sprayed with a little water and we act like we are going to melt

Its all about having fun, i think at times we should sit back and remember our young days when getting wet with the water hose or jumping into water play areas were some of the best times we had.

Chadsgal
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Is this new? None of the parades I have seen have included water...

In 1994 the Aladdin parade had camels that spit water at the crowd. I loved it!! I don't mind getting a little wet watching a parade or watching a movie, HISA & tought to be a bug both give you little sprinkles of water.

Darkbeer
04-23-2008, 05:06 AM
Alas, if you see the Pixar Play Parade, at the end of the parade, they have "janitors" that clean up the water, similar to parades that have "brooms" that follow the horses.

It can get that wet.

Some "mist", that is OK, but they really need to find a way to have "water-free" zones.

Drince88
04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I thought the janitors were more for the 'bubbles' that didn't necessarily bubble really well -mixed with the water - that created super slick spots?

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM

Is there somewhere in the Disney organization that we could email with the suggestion? I think it is a marvelous solution to the problem and I'm sure a "constructive" idea like this would be well received and perhaps acted upon.

Mrs Mouse
04-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I know that this parade is a "work in progress" and that things continue to be tweaked, but have they decided to keep the water? I thought that I remember reading that instead of squirting water, the floats would produce a bunch of bubbles.

Personally, I think bubbles would be kind of neat to see. I mean, what kid doesn't love bubbles? It strikes me as being in keeping with the "Play" theme of the parade. Of course, I could see the hazard that they could create, so maybe they're not such a great idea...

So, has the bubble idea been scrapped or are they just doing both now?

HisKid
04-23-2008, 11:40 AM
So, has the bubble idea been scrapped or are they just doing both now?

The couple of times I have seen it, they have done both.

DaDuckFan1955
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks Monstro for the Water Free Zone
I think that is great way to allow both people who do not want to get wet while those who do can do so.

tokarrai
04-24-2008, 12:17 PM
When we caught it, we were expecting the water. I just kept my eye out and kinda just stepped to the side when a squirt was coming my way from the float.

My wife, however, was right on the edge of the route when one of the girls walked up and spritzed her right in the face, and the camera she was holding, with a water bottle.

I do believe that was rather uncalled for. Fun is fun, but when a guest is trying to get a picture, and you spray not just them, but their camera?

T