PDA

View Full Version : Today's Screamin' Stop...

splbound
06-24-2001, 09:09 PM
I just happened to be in Paradise Pier today when i saw Screamin' go down with people in it. I watched the car launch, build up speed, and screech to a halt as soon as it went in the tube. Needless to say, all the people on board were screaming...(no pun), and being right there under it, I can't blame them. It's a pretty sharp incline to have to get out of the cars and onto a little stair.

Anyway, I watched as the tech guys came running with what is best described as mountain climbing equiptment on, and go up into the tube. About twenty minutes later, out come the people, visibly shaken, to a round of applause.

I couldn't help but think of Al's comments about how that coaster was put together, and how they cut costs, and the experience that it gave all of those folks. (Not to mention the people that were trapped on the other parts of the track.) Well, actually the experience it gave 1/2 of the attendance today, as everyone had their eyes on the "rescue".

tsk, tsk.

Mr D
06-24-2001, 09:26 PM
Were you able to get pictures? I vow to always carry my little Canon ZR-10 when I visit DL and it also has still shot digital so I can send them by e-mail, We should ask Al if he wants pics of stuff like that course I know he does but its his decision what and what he can't use, I remember one pic of a florid abusive lady I saw here on MP that was such a public nuisance it really cracked me up, I hope she saw her face on MP and the comments aimed at her derisive behavior. But anyhow was it a big event getting the people off? And was DCA any busier or crowded?

Alex S.
06-24-2001, 11:54 PM
If anybody takes pictures that they think we at MousePlanet would like to see, the procedure I would recommend is this:

1) Email the person you think most appropriate to let them know you have the photo. Describe, but don't send it.

2) If that person expresses an interest, then send it.

The reason for this is to avoid a MousePlanet writer forgetting the source and using it without acknowledgement. Plus, I know my general policy is to just delete any unexpected email with attachments. Even if the attachment is a .jpg (and I read mail in pine so my chances of viral infection are nil).

Mr D
06-25-2001, 04:33 AM
Thank You for clarifying that. :)