PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Rides

Pages : [1] 2

Ace
09-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Is there a reason there isn't a Mickey ride at any of the Disney theme parks? I know there are character Mickeys, and Fantasmic! and hidden mickeys, but you'd think that Walt would have made a ride based on his character... I haven't read any reasons as to why there isn't one.

Ghoulish Delight
09-20-2002, 02:46 PM
There are no Donald rides, or Goofy rides, or Daisy rides, or....etc.

These are all characters with very little story in and of themselves. They are personality, and nothing more. It'd be very hard to create a cohesive stroyline for a ride based on any of these characters. All the other "character" rides in the park are really "story" rides.

cemeinke
09-20-2002, 02:51 PM
I believe Mickey's House is listed as an attraction in Toontown

Goofy, Donald, Minnie, & Chip & Dale also have attractions listed here as well ;)

Ghoulish Delight
09-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I believe Mickey's House is listed as an attraction in Toontown

Goofy, Donald, Minnie, & Chip & Dale also have attractions listed here as well ;) He said ride, not attraction :p

cemeinke
09-20-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
He said ride, not attraction :p

Ah but there are no "rides" at Disneyland - only "attractions" and "adventures" ;) :p :p

Traci
09-20-2002, 03:08 PM
Yep that's true "That Guy" they are all attractions or adventures.

There is also a movie theater on Main Street dedicated to all of Mickey's cartoons too, don't forget about that.

Ghoulish Delight
09-20-2002, 03:18 PM
:rolleyes: Sigh. Sometimes I forget how impossible we geeks are to deal with.

Laffite
09-20-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
:rolleyes: Sigh. Sometimes I forget how impossible we geeks are to deal with.

I've always wondered, is there such a thing as a "cool" Disney geek? :D

ChipmunkStar
09-20-2002, 03:50 PM
Actually, there is a ride in Disneyland. Really!

The name of this amazing contraption?

Mr. Toad's Wild RIDE. :) Ha! told you so! ;)

Ace
09-20-2002, 04:01 PM
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek aleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeert

ChipmunkStar
09-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Hey, I'm allowed to know that. . . I work at the park, and it was part of my orientation/training. Now if anyone else came up with that. . . ;)

hbquikcomjamesl
09-20-2002, 04:24 PM
So is there something wrong with being a geek?

I take great pride in being

1. A computer geek
2. An organ geek (like in real pipes, not like in the biological sort)
3. A Disney geek
4. A Star Trek geek
5. A moderate Star Wars geek
6. A moderate Babylon 5 geek

And I'm quite old enough to remember when "geek" was a derogatory term.

About the only sort of geek I disavow being is the kind that eats small animals alive (or bites their heads off). For that sort of geek, I refer you to Ozzy Osbourne (and he has said many times that he didn't realize the bat was real, much less alive, until too late).

Now as to a Mickey Mouse ride, I honestly can't imagine why they've never come up with a ride (it would be ideal for ToonTown, in any of its incarnations) based on some Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Ace
09-20-2002, 04:31 PM
I was talking about ALL of us. I first realized it when I posted on a thread about "lasagna"... I mean, look at me, I have 1500 something posts. I can recite the mansion's spiel (or part of it) and I've memorized the entire Disneyland park album CD.

innerSpaceman
09-20-2002, 04:56 PM
Other than 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' IS there any Mickey cartoon that would be well-known enough for a ride? Some of them might make cool rides anyway (I'm thinking of the 'thru the looking glass' one, but I can't remember the actual title).

But, hey, where's our E-Ticket Fantasia ride anyway?!?

Laffite
09-20-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I can recite the mansion's spiel (or part of it) and I've memorized the entire Disneyland park album CD.

I can recite any speils! and I'm proud of it! I walk around the park with my pin trading collar and it makes noise when I walk because it's heavy it it draws attentions. Call me a geek if you will! :D but perhaps I am a "cool" geek, if there is such a thing! :D

Morrigoon
09-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Actually, the one where the fab 3 are ghost hunters would be cute - Toontown's own HM :)

Laffite
09-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Well. There won't be a "Mickey ride" anytime soon now that WDI is gone :crying:

Ace
09-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it would. They could make that like Buzz Lightyear at MK... it could be called "Mickey's Ghost Hunt" and you'd shoot ghosts, or something. cool.

Laffite
09-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
Yeah, it would. They could make that like Buzz Lightyear at MK... it could be called "Mickey's Ghost Hunt" and you'd shoot ghosts, or something. cool.

....urr..."Mickey's Ghost Hunt?" ...

How about something cool like, you get to experience Mickey's Fantasmic dream.l So you can ride it in the day and watch it at night. lol :D

priyanka59
09-21-2002, 11:30 AM
They probably haven't made any rides because they have their own "attractions." By this, I mean their own houses with the meet and greets and exploring. but to correct one of you, there is a goofy ride at WDW's Magic Kingdom. Goofy's Wise Acre's Farms or somethin like that about a runaway planting plane,.

ChipmunkStar
09-21-2002, 08:02 PM
Goofy's Barnstormer :)

Morrigoon
09-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Ooh! They could make a ride based on "Plane Crazy"! (if you don't know what I'm talking about, go visit the main st cinema)

The ride system could resemble Peter Pan, except that it would be airplanes instead (maybe they could make them biplanes to hide the top of the machinery)

hbquikcomjamesl
09-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Other than 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' IS there any Mickey cartoon that would be well-known enough for a ride?

"Steamboat Willie," "Plane Crazy," and "The Brave Little Tailor" all come to mind.

disguy
09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
I have no idea on the details but I could see a "House of Mouse" attraction at Disneyland or Toon Town.

peasy
09-23-2002, 11:02 AM
Doesn't California Screamin have a gigantic Mickey Mouse on it? Although I would enjoy a whole ride based on Mickey, i.e. they had better do it right. It wouldn't be a ride that could easily disappear (like Rocket Rods) without some embarrasment. I wish they would do something that would be inbetween a kids ride and an adults ride. Something with some speed and some great atmosphere, without being terribly scary for the kiddies.