PDA

View Full Version : Discount Park Hoppers at Disney Store

hawaiimouse
09-20-2002, 02:54 AM
Went to the Disney Store out here in Aloha land and found that there is a discount 5 day for the price of 3 adult park hopper pass for DL/DCA (which was $114 if I remember correctly). There is a 13 day usage period on it. I think that the promotion was good until the first week of January. Will be picking up those passes for our December trip. :)

Nancy
09-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Before you purchase your tickets at the Disney Store go to Disney.com and check out the blockout dates for a So. Cal. pass and see if you will be st Disneyland on an unblocked date. These passes are available to anyone (they are just not advertised that way) and they are only $99. Even if you only use them the one vacation it is still cheeper that a 3 day pass and they are good for both parks. Have a great trip!!

Klutch
09-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Well, for crying out loud. Here I went and drove my wife nuts by doing enough Disneyland research to satisfy a Phd and I missed that option.

I already bought the 5-Day passes at the 3-Day price. Where does one purchase the So. Cal. Passes? I wonder if I can exchange the Hopper Passes for So. Cal. Passes.

Now Nancy, you're absolutely sure I won't have to cough up an Orange County Driver's License, or something, to get a So. Cal Pass?

MouseWife
09-20-2002, 11:46 AM
I am no expert but I heard that you can up grade your tickets?

Where did you buy your passes?

And, the check out dates are important to check. If you are going during a black out date then it might not be an option.

But, I heard a 'trick'. You go in and then on your way out you upgrade. That way you go in on a black out date and still get your AP's.

Somoene please tell me is this is right?

And, it would probably depend on where you bought the tickets?

Bill Catherall
09-20-2002, 12:08 PM
So if the price of the AP is cheaper than the Hopper, do they refund the difference when you upgrade?

RStar
09-20-2002, 12:19 PM
That was my question. They should, but something tells me they won't. If I bought a full price ticket, then half way through my day found that I could have gotten a So. Cal. discount, will they refund the difference? I don't know.

Can you take the unused tickets to the Disney store with the recipt and get a refund? I belive so, and then you could try to get the So. Cal. pass, and if it doesn't work, you could just get the 5 day pass instead.

Do they sell the 5 days for the price of 3 at the gate, or is it only at the Disney Store?

Just something to think about.

cstephens
09-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
So if the price of the AP is cheaper than the Hopper, do they refund the difference when you upgrade?

Nope. I happened to be standing in City Hall recently when someone asked that question. You can either upgrade to the AP, already having paid the higher price, or you upgrade to a higher level AP, if applicable, and pay the difference.

MouseWife
09-20-2002, 01:12 PM
I have a question.

I am planning on buying AP's {so cal} one at a time at the Disney store and then activating them all at one time.

The person I spoke to on the phone at the Disney Store said that while they would wish that I activate them right away, it should not be a problem. Although, something about it being on their computer files, I forget.

Okay, that really still is a question, is this a problem to buy them now and activate in December.

My other question is~
If I activate them, say, December 12th this year. Do they expire December 12th next year? Or, the first of Dec. or the end of Dec.

Could someone with knowledge of this post? I have learned from here that when I call I will get different answers from different people. I want to know what the 'people' know. :D

thanks!!!

disneynut
09-20-2002, 01:40 PM
I think I might be able to answer MW...When we purchased our ap's from the Disney Store they gave us a paper voucher with an expiration date that, I think, was 90 days from the date of purchase. The paper will get you one day of admittance to DL. Once there you exchange your paper voucher for the permanent ap's. The date of expiration is one year exactly from the day you activated and got your permanet ap. So if you activate on 12/12/02, your expiration will be 12/12/03.

If you go with parking on one of the passes, the first day you bring the vouchers in, you will have to pay the $7 or $8 up front to park. When you exchange the voucher for the ap, show your parking receipt and get your money back at the ap processing place.

MouseWife
09-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Thank you very much, disneynut!!

This is exactly what I was looking to hear. The CM at the store just didn't know.

This will work out perfectly.

If I can get them all in time.

I am trying to validate getting them by saying if we use them this year and then exactly one year from that first time {minus a few days...} and all in between available times, it will be such a bargain!!!

I just thought of this wonderful reasoning this morning. :D

Thanks again!!!

roberts1398
09-20-2002, 02:00 PM
OK -- the expiration date is based on the activation date, not the purchase date ... with one exception. If you buy a 5 day park hopper, and on the 5th day convert it to an AP, then the expiration date is SUPPOSED to be the first day you used the park hopper.

Next, ANYONE can buy a SoCal AP. No zip code restrictions. Unlike the SoCal coupons and discounts (ie: the current one with Coke and Albertsons), which require the infamous SoCal zip code.

Next, you can only UPGRADE your park hopper, not downgrade. My understanding is if you have a $114 park hopper, the only ways you can go are a DAP (for $45 more) or a PAP (for $105 more, or $85 if you have Disney Club). If you have a kids 5 for 3 days park hopper ($90), you can upgrade that for $9. But if the hoppers have not been used, I don't see why you couldn't get your money back and then buy the AP's (call your Disney Store to find out).

Next, you can only buy your 5 for 3 day park hoppers online, Disney Stores, or at AAA if you're a member (and there's a slight additional discount as well). Oh, and I think the military, but that I'm not certain of. Can't get them at the gate.

Did I leave anything out???

roberts1398
09-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Oops -- I see others had posted from the time I opened my reply until I submitted it. Sorry for the duplication. Had to take a phone call. Funny, but they expect me to keep working when I'm 7 days away from DLR!!!

psdabeav
09-22-2002, 08:20 AM
I have a question about the $99 so ca pass. I read that you dont have to live in so ca, but do you have to live in ca. I live in az, can I purchase this also? Has anyone used priceline to get a hotel in Anahiem?

Sonya in Boise
09-22-2002, 12:20 PM
I have heard of MANY people NOT living in CA getting the southern Cal. AP. I have not heard of anyone getting turned down when trying to buy the SCAP.

If you go to biddingfortravel.com they have great tips on priceline hotels. Recently, the Marriot has been going for 40.00.

Sonya