PDA

View Full Version : Last ride of the night? Disneyland Railroad!

River Belle
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm sure that many of you already know this, but I recently discovered this little gem of information about the DL RR that I wanted to share...

The train is scheduled to pull into Main Street station right at park closing. BUT...if you're there AT the station, you can jump on board for a round-trip circle on what they call the "sweeper train" (the final ride of the night that hits each station once to pick up the last of the guests).

I think this is a wonderful way to get one last ride in when the park is closed and the rest of the attractions are no longer operating. We were pretty excited to have a "bonus ride" when the park was closed!

Chadsgal
04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I did not know this. That is very cool. Is there many people still out and about when you get back to MS Station?

Heffalump
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I never knew this but I am happy you told us because I will do this on our next trip. Thank you.

River Belle
04-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Is there many people still out and about when you get back to MS Station?

The night we did this, it was pretty empty when we returned to the station. But...since Main Street stays open an hour after the park closes, I guess there's a pretty good chance there will still be a bustling crowd.

Heffalump--have fun!:) We thought it was a pretty delightful discovery!

kiki
04-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I never knew that. I might use this as a wind down before we head back to the hotel. Usually the kids are so wired when we leave the park because our last ride is like Indie or Space, they get back to the rooms and cant sleep. I might use this to my advantage:D.

sjcivilady
04-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Last time I was there the Main St. Opera House was showing one last performance of the 50th movie and it was ten minutes after park closing. They were yelling at people to go inside before they leave!

We've done this twice now - a really neat way to end the day -- especially when the park closes fairly early, since we try to go off season. The train sounds fun, too!

bag3lbit3s
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
I haven't done this in years. Used to do it when I was young and my parents took me. I love the train, I can sit on the train and go around a couple times and it just makes my day. :D

tHeDiSnEyKiD
04-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Splash Mountain is always my last ride of the night. It's a good feeling after the final drop. You feel like your day was worth it. Sure, you may get wet, and it may be cold, but everything else seems boring as a final ride except Splash. But yes, I shall do the train ride once at midnight and see how it goes.

Crazydave
04-21-2008, 08:09 AM
I was lucky enough once to catch a 'tender ride' on the last lap around the park.

Crazy4DL
04-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I haven't done this in years. Used to do it when I was young and my parents took me. I love the train, I can sit on the train and go around a couple times and it just makes my day. :D

Me too. My dh and I figure the train is like having a moving bench to sit on and rest. You get to have changing scenery as you rest. :D

I had no idea about the last train of the night - that sounds wonderful. Thanks so much for letting us all know, River Belle!

redimpss5
04-22-2008, 05:53 PM
We rode the next to last train the other night, but when the nice conductor "Cary" told us when we got to the Tomorrow land station, we had 15 minutes to get over to Space Mountain, we got off and rode it. Got on the ride at 11:58 and exited at 12:02. Pretty neat, one ride in 2 days.

emmah
04-23-2008, 08:08 PM
I did this twice on my february trip; rode the last splash mountain ride of the night and then just jumped on the train to head back to the main gate. the first time it was a complete fluke - i was walking through NOS and heard the whistle so rushed on over, and the second time, I planned for it. makes a nice saving when your feet are killing you at the end of a loooong day.

Pinkhoody
04-24-2008, 08:12 AM
We were pretty excited to have a "bonus ride" when the park was closed!
Ooh, it would be cool to see park closed and being on the train so late sounds relaxing.

The one time I did anything similar to this, I got on Pirates at 11:59pm. As the ride is roughly 20 minutes, we walked out through a quiet and deserted Adventure Land. ;)