PDA

View Full Version : HMH merch sneak preview

Morrigoon
09-19-2002, 11:21 PM
well, okay, who knows how much of this actually became merch coming out, but look what they worked on!

http://search-cache.ebay.com/m2p/disney1049.html?ssPageName=MOPS1

Nigel2
09-19-2002, 11:49 PM
Hehe they are selling it all! Or at least copies in some cases. I still refuse to belive someone paid over 50 dollars for a photocopy of some disney thing.:rolleyes:

Morrigoon
09-20-2002, 12:02 AM
Did you get a load of that Jack and Sally in the Doombuggy though? :)

Hey Disney: you could make one of those w/the hitchhiking ghosts, you know!

Nigel2
09-20-2002, 12:04 AM
I thought they made a large and heavy statue with the ghosts? They probably don't want to milk something like that too much.:D

cstephens
09-20-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Did you get a load of that Jack and Sally in the Doombuggy though? :)

Yeah, it's from the HMH event from last year. It's an awesome piece and looks even better in person.

bluebayou
09-20-2002, 07:56 AM
Actually if you notice - the doombuggie is the one that was sold last year in the parks NOT the event one. The event one was about 8 inches tall and made of a ceramic type material and sat on a Haunted Mansion gate plaque base (I know because it sits in my living room). This one is the dinky 2inch by 2 inch resin model that was sold for around 25.00 (I think or 19.99) last year after the event. I was so unimpressed with that item - I didn't even buy it - maybe had it been 5.00.... but anyway - I hope the people bidding on that auction read how large it is because honestly it fits in the palm of your hand and will not be worth whatever the final amount is..

cstephens
09-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by bluebayou
Actually if you notice - the doombuggie is the one that was sold last year in the parks NOT the event one.

Oh, no, I hadn't noticed. I guess I didn't look that closely. It looked like the same pose as the one I had so assumed it was the event sculpture. I completely forgot they'd made the resin knock-offs. I saw those and thought they were horrible as well, especially considering the price they were charging. I had thought about getting one of the smaller ones to go with the event piece, but when I saw one, I put it back. Now, I've got the Jack and Sally mini-globes to go with my event piece.