PDA

View Full Version : Guests from Hell

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

winniepooh
09-19-2002, 11:17 PM
At our last visit in DL I noticed something I have nevet paid attention too before, 6 or 7 out of the 8 times we rode Pirates some of the other guests in the boat ruined our ride.
We had people rocking the boat, singing along LOUD, taking pictures with the flash on, a kid had one of those laser pointers an used it, and a women brought her daughter who was too young and too scared and in order to calm her all through the ride kept shouting HONEY LOOK AT THIS!.
This was not my first time on POTC, but what about the people who only get to go to DL one time in their lives, and only have time to try POTC once, they do not experience the ride the way they should. This makes me really angry. I hope mousepadders dont behave this bad, they may get to go every week/ months/ year, but for a lot of other people this is not the case, and they deserve to have a magical trip as well.
And dont even get me started on the HM guests...:mad:

smd4
09-20-2002, 07:42 AM
I agree with you, Pooh. Often on POTC, people are talking and singing loudly, ruining the show for others. And what often goes on in the stretching room at HM is ludicrous.

At the risk of again inflaming others here, I have read several threads from folks who seem to take great pride in being able to recite the HM speil loudly with their friends in unison, or singing and speaking all the parts from Fantasmic! They claim, "It's our right, and that's how WE have fun, so don't try to ruin it for us."

Back in the day, when Disneyland was pretty much a once-a-year event for just about everybody, it was a different story. It was special. You only got there once a year, and when you were there, you enjoyed the show. You didn't know the words to HM, because you only got there once a year.

Now, with the preponderance of AP's, taking a ride on Pirates is just another place to sit down and chat with friends. They've seen it a million times anyway.

mousey_girl
09-20-2002, 02:12 PM
The Boy was pushing 3 1/2 when we took him to DL for the first time.

We weren't real sure how he would react to certain things, but knew the last thing he would be was afraid.

My in-laws had taken my neice to DL when she was 7 or 8, and they went on POTC. She cried and buried her head in her mother's lap for the ENTIRE ride. I knew this was an attention ploy, because not much has changed in the last 5 years.

It was too bad we didn't have a video camera, because as we came into the battle sceen (we were in the front row of the boat, and Nickolas was the youngest guest on the ride), he took one look at the captain of the pirate ship, stood up, frantically waving and hollering "HI CAPTAIN HOOK!!!" We tried to get him to hush, but nothing worked and he setteled right down after that. Luckily no one on the boat was upset by it, everyone thought it was too cute ('cept mommy, who hates that sort of attention, were it another kid, fine,but not mine).

lilblckrncloud
09-20-2002, 02:54 PM
Last month my mother-in-law was visiting from out of town and wanted to go to DLR. She used to live here, and she had been there before, so apparently she thought that meant it was ok to hold a full on (not whispered) conversation with my husband on POTC. We were seated in the first row, and I was so embarassed that I looked back at the rest of the boat to see if we were getting any hate stares. When we had just passed the old guy in the rocking chair, she laughed pretty loudly at something my husband said, and that was it for me. I elbowed my husband hard and hissed, "Keep it down!" They sat quietly like two chastised little kids for the rest of the ride. It just bothered me so much that they saw nothing wrong with ruining the ride for the boatload of people behind us who could possibly have been riding for the first time. I don't mind when people sing along to the song, because that is really fun to me, but hearing loud conversations really takes me out of the ride, so I would imagine it does the same for lots of people.

Traci
09-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Ok, I have to throw my two cents in here.....sorry.

Unfortunately no matter where you go whether it be DL, DCA, the movies, a nice restaurant, where ever, you can be annoyed by other people......that's if you let them.

So here is my point. You can still enjoy DL and the things that you do and not let it be ruined if you just make the choice to "ignore" it. I know it's hard, and I have to admit to being annoyed in the movies by many loud people, but I still try and put my concentration into the movie and not what is going on around me.

Ok, my two cents. You may now return to your regularily schedule thread.

Matterhorn
09-20-2002, 06:40 PM
The Haunted Mansion people annoy me much more than the antics on POTC. It just fries me when a person yells out the key lines right before they happen. Way to ruin a cool moment for everyone in the room...

DLfreak
09-20-2002, 06:49 PM
I have never been on when people blurt it out before hand. But I have been on many times when almost the whole elevator is talking along with it. I think it's very cool. :) Doesn't bother me at all.
And I agree with Traci....I was on POTC a couple weeks ago and the family behind us was making A TON of noise and loud comments...but I just didn't let it bother me and ignored them.

Alpha1mom
09-22-2002, 04:14 AM
I remember last year, we we're seated waiting for Anamaziment to start. There was a couple right in front of us going at at.
I mean he had his hands up her shirt and they we're kissing or actually licking each other and sucking on each other's tongue!
I finally told them to "Please knock it off" I had a 12 & 8 year old watching!

They laughed and wouldn't stop, so we left. We tried to find another 4 seats but there were none available. This was the last show of the day and we left the following morning.
We we're very disapointed to have missed this.

We've also been on POTC with teens, where one coulpe we're going at it in the back of us!

I also find guests to be VERY rude!!

TecTalker2K
09-22-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Alpha1mom
I remember last year, we we're seated waiting for Anamaziment to start. There was a couple right in front of us going at at.
I mean he had his hands up her shirt and they we're kissing or actually licking each other and sucking on each other's tongue!

We've also been on POTC with teens, where one coulpe we're going at it in the back of us!

Hmmm... so what is the answer? I know that when my sweetie and I get on some of thse rides, we have beenknown to swap a little..ahem.. a lot of spit. It is after all a family park and what better way to start a family than in the back of a boat in POC? Consider yorself fortunate that yu on't need to explain the facts of life to your kids. (J/K) Honestly, there is no better place to smooch than Disneyland.

Mickeyslittlehelper
09-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Two weeks ago i was at disneyland with my mom. On our last day, for our last ride, we chose POTC. There was a lady behind us with two little kids. All three were eating Subway loudly the whole ride. And on top of that, they each had a flashlight and kept shining it at everything. At least we rode the ride earlier that day.:)

Hydroman
09-22-2002, 12:35 PM
So the G from H on MLH's POTC ride flaunted two of the Park's rules - bringing food into the Park and eating food on a ride .....BTW, with the increase in security (checking of bags) at the Park entrance, has anyone experienced a crackdown of the "no outside food" rule?:confused:

HBTiggerFan
09-22-2002, 03:36 PM
I have been known, on many occassions to tell people to "get a room" and then continue on that there are many cheap motels out on Harbor if they can't wait until they go home or back to their room. I have also said things along the lines of "groping each other is not appropriate for disneyland where there are lots of small kids around", "that is NOT appropriate for this atmosphere", to a friend "I just love it when people think that everyone else wants to see them making out" or to a friend "sheesh, I can't believe that people are so inseucre in their relationships when they have to be all over each other at a place like this".

While not the nicest tactics more often than not they have stopped what they were doing or they left the area.

Originally posted by Alpha1mom

They laughed and wouldn't stop, so we left. We tried to find another 4 seats but there were none available. This was the last show of the day and we left the following morning.
We we're very disapointed to have missed this.

Morrigoon
09-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Or my favorite:
We were on the Innoventions balcony, back when you could hear the Fantasy in the Sky soundtrack from there. There was a whole crowd of people up there watching. After the fireworks, everybody headed for the ramp down, and just past the last doorway, where EVERYBODY had to pass them, was a couple in the 3rd period of some serious tonsil hockey. So I ...*shouted*... "Oh My G*d! LOOK at those two!" ;)

They separated so fast you could almost hear it. :D

MonorailMan
09-22-2002, 06:06 PM
On Kissing:

I saw 2 people in line for Indy, kissing like the passionate kiss on The Sims: Hot Date. My friend was thinking on the same level and said, "If you want to kiss, take it downtown." we both chuckeled, but they looked confused. :D

ChipmunkStar
09-22-2002, 06:40 PM
My favorite response to anyone with the PDA disease?

"*Ahem* Disneyland is a family establishment, NOT a place to establish families!"

HBTiggerFan
09-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ChipmunkStar

"*Ahem* Disneyland is a family establishment, NOT a place to establish families!"

I LOVE IT! :D May I use it?

Morrigoon
09-22-2002, 07:06 PM
That is SO classic!

Laffite
09-22-2002, 07:08 PM

Ah geez. You all know stories of HM on grad nights. lol :)

TecTalker2K
09-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Just because people feel a need to bring their rugrats to the park, why should that interupt our smooching? I love my lady very much and sometimes I just have a need to play tonsil hockey. You may think you are being smart with your SA remarks but don't be surprised ast the explosive reply you are going to get. I hate rude people with their holier than though attitude.

Bill Catherall
09-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Wow TecTalker2K. I expected better of you. Either a better attitude, or better sarcasm.

MouseWife
09-23-2002, 09:11 AM
I don't see the problem in asking someone to wait until they are out of the public eye to make out.

Come on.

It is a family place. In reality, families don't sit and make out as a past time.

ChipmunkStar
09-23-2002, 12:31 PM
Three things:

Yes, my comment is not trademarked, so those whoso wish may use it.

Two. Tec, how is expecting public decency a holier than thou attitude? I mean really, I don't even feel comfortable making out with boys in front of my friends, I sure would feel a lot weirder if a bunch of strangers with children were to be watching. Maybe you could wait until you get on a ride (the back of Pirates, Haunted Mansion, anything with less public visibility) or to a more private nook of the park. It sure seems like it would be a lot more respectful to the other guests around you.

Besides, if you were to explode at a Cast Member in costume, and things escalated, say bye bye to the park, you're going home early.

Three: MouseWife, that last comment really depends on what state you're in. Just Kidding! Don't throw things at me people! ;)

MouseWife
09-23-2002, 01:08 PM

Three: MouseWife, that last comment really depends on what state you're in. Just Kidding! Don't throw things at me people! ;)

:p :p

Seriously.......

TecTalker2K
09-23-2002, 02:07 PM
First,westarted this thread with the OP being bugged by humanity onPOC. I leave my tonsil Hockey (most of the time) for the dark rides. One time I did let her have a big wetone in the middle of outgoing traffic at the Del Mar fair and people realized how much we loved each other. Ahhh..... sweet Amore. I get upset when some woman makes a comment like, please stop, I don't want my kids seeing this when they would never seen it if she had kept her yap shut. Since when is a display of affection a bad thing? Are the ones that complaqin afraid of showing two people in love because they pathetically have no concept of what affection is? Since the kids son't understand, maybe it's the ault that is too immature to view such a sight. Holier than though, he without sin throws the frst stone. I ripped a womaqn at Disneyland one time for doing the "not in front of my kids rouutine" after kikdding around with a CM. The CM did not object. It is really funny in a way. I am really quiet and extremely nice to people. I am even nice to kids. The moment someone passes that wand of morality over my head will have that wand inserted where the sun does not shine.

Oh, as far as CMs go.. never will I blow u at someone that is just doing their job. CMs will ask nicely. Mothers are rude.

MouseWife
09-23-2002, 03:01 PM
Oh, as far as CMs go.. never will I blow u at someone that is just doing their job. CMs will ask nicely. Mothers are rude.

Wow. Reading the beginning of your post, I was going to say, yes, I am not referring to casual kissers but the type that seem right about to hit the perverbial hay.

An affectionate kiss is nice to see. No one is against people who love each other.

But, then, you say 'Mothers are rude'. You generalize.

I am not rude. I would more than likely just turn the kids attention to something else. Or, if it was ridiculous, I would probably ask a CM to speak to them. I mean, get a room could apply to some people.

To quote you "Just because people feel a need to bring their rugrats to the park, why should that interupt our smooching?"

Come on. Please tell me you are joking.[Moderator's note: vB code fixed in quoted material. -- Lani]