PDA

View Full Version : In support of Superstar Limo

CaliforniaCrazy
06-24-2001, 05:07 PM
I know a lot of people hate this ride, but I personally try to ride it everytime I go because I always find something new out of it. I think it's hilarious, the way it sends up Hollywood in such a way that it does. My friend doesn't like it as much as I do, because he thinks it is too childish. He just doesn't get it, I suppose. So this thread is for anyone who LIKES Superstar Limo. No negative comments, please. I have heard from enough of those people, now it's time to hear the positive aspects of the ride. Who's with me?

AgentLaRue
06-24-2001, 06:41 PM
My son (who is eight) loved this attraction, thought it was hilarious, especially when the phone would ring with another call from the pompous representative. Seeing him enjoy the attraction so much, in a park criticized for its lack of attractions for children, I would have liked it for that fact alone.

Having Limo, Muppets and Animation in that area presents a nice place for kids, something often over-looked in the discussion of DCA.

CaliforniaCrazy
06-24-2001, 10:13 PM
I think it's even more hilarious the way they portray the agent, Swifty LaRue. He has to make a collect telephone call, just to be cheap. I think they want to portray him as a sleazeball agent. If I had someone like him, I'd switch agents immediately! Anyway, my friend told me something that I never even thought of before. I told him that a lot of people say the puppets in Superstar Limo are cheap looking (like Joan Rivers and the agent), but he told me that he thinks that the writer was probably stressing the fact that everyone in Hollywood is a puppet. After that, I will never look at them the same way again.

merlinjones
06-25-2001, 05:51 AM
My favorite part of Superstar Limo (and my biggest laugh of the entire DCA experience) was the bigscreen photo capture at the end of the ride.

My pal and I (unintentionally) had the most extreme expressions of disgust and disbelief on our faces. Seeing this projected, we burst into uncontrollable laughter and went searching for the photo booth to buy the perfect snapshot of DCA/The New Disney.

Unfortunately, they didn't sell photos, so we will just have to treasure the look of on our faces... like we had stepped in dog poo. A priceless memory.:D

cstephens
06-25-2001, 07:05 AM
I really like this ride as well. I always have a lot of fun. Sure, there are things I don't like about it (the agent and the so-called celebrities), but I love looking at all the clever things they've done with all the sets.

Lacrosse Boy
06-25-2001, 10:52 AM
I liked this ride, but my friend Cyrus likes to call it "Stupid Star Lame-O"

CaliforniaCrazy
06-25-2001, 12:58 PM
See, that is just the type of negative comments I don't like to hear about. Just because someone does not grasp the concept of a ride does not mean they have to give it a name other than what it is originally called. Sure, I hate Steps in Time, but I don't go around calling it Sucks in Time. If you really listen to your friend's comments about something, and don't listen to yourself, I suggest you get new friends. I'm very glad you like the ride. I don't care about your friend's take on it.

80S ERA
06-26-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy
See, that is just the type of negative comments I don't like to hear about. Just because someone does not grasp the concept of a ride does not mean they have to give it a name other than what it is originally called. Sure, I hate Steps in Time, but I don't go around calling it Sucks in Time. If you really listen to your friend's comments about something, and don't listen to yourself, I suggest you get new friends. I'm very glad you like the ride. I don't care about your friend's take on it.

Whoa - Easy there, Crazy. Don't tell me you didn't expect someone to drop a negative comment or 2? I personally was tempted to drop a few, but decided to respect your request.

I have no problem with anyone liking DCA and Limo. I happened to have alot of fun during AP preview day going on NEW rides for a change. Would I return anytime soon for over $20? Probaly not.

The Limo was my 1st ride during my trip after obtaining my fastpass for Soarin. I felt it was O.K., since I waited only 5 minutes. I personally wouldn't wait longer than 10 min to get on this ride or any other slow-moving fantasyland-type of ride for that matter. Yes, people have been too hard on it. In my opinion, what more could you expect from a slow-moving fantasyland-style of ride anyway? I know I'll get lots of heat for saying this, but I'm sure many would complain about Snow White and Pinnoccio if they waited 1 hour for them and had high expectations!

Keep your spirits high, Crazy. If you were to become upset everytime someone makes a negative comment about DCA, you'd be upset pretty often. :)

CaliforniaCrazy
06-26-2001, 10:49 AM
You're right. I apologize. I just am standing up for what I feel is a funny ride that should not be taken out or altered in any way. If they turn it into Goofy's Limo or something to that order, I would still ride it I guess. I just don't think it would be as fresh and original as the way it is now. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go and calm down for a while with my DCA album. ;)

Lacrosse Boy
06-26-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy

I did listen to him, I just personally don't believe what he said. He is a great friend though.

CaliforniaCrazy
06-28-2001, 06:54 PM
Isn't there anymore people out there that like this ride, or is that it? I'd really like to hear more comments about it, even the bad ones I suppose. I just want to keep this thread going longer than it has been.:(

Napsto
06-28-2001, 06:56 PM
it is a decent attraction.

pullmyfinger.com
06-29-2001, 12:22 AM
SSL was a ride I despised at first. Now, after riding it 15 times, I am beginnig to like it in a twisted way. My big laugh is the head in the crystal ball saying sometihng about greenlighting a project. SSL, I am now seeing, has a certain edgy wit to it.

I like the Voice in the cue...though I will say Joan Rivers video is poorly conceived.

CaliforniaCrazy
06-29-2001, 09:13 PM
"Agents, Execs, producers beyond. Give us a sign, the green light is on." Hilarious!:D

discoverybay
06-29-2001, 09:29 PM
The ride is OK but the best part is the line or lack of one.

JRob2k1
06-29-2001, 09:36 PM
The more you ride it, the better it "kinda" gets. Im starting to see more things and laugh a little more. Plus the first time I rode it, I had all the negative posts in my head already(i didnt go to the AP preview), so I "knew" what i was getting into. Plus, I like the usual short wait times!!

Tell me though, that the Joan Rivers "movie" in the que is not one of the scariest things you've seen. If I were a kid I would have night nightmares after seeing that...thing!!

-JRob

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 02:34 AM
There are some parts of the ride that I truly cannot stand (the annoying Joan Rivers and sleazy agent puppets), but the rest of it is a colorful, campy and stupid (good stupid) ride through Hollywood. It's not bad enough to be cringe inducing or dumb enough to cause excessive eye rolling and contains just enough wackiness to push it away from the "bad" column and into the "bizarre" (which is always good).