PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about Carsland?

HisKid
04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Like, where it is going to be, in DCA? It would be great if it were going to go behind the Bug's Life area, to connect ToT over to the wharf/pier. It is so annoying to have to walk all the way around.

PanFan
04-16-2008, 08:01 AM
I haven't seen final plans or anything, but that is where I heard it would be located (over the current Timon parking lot).

olegc
04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Like, where it is going to be, in DCA? It would be great if it were going to go behind the Bug's Life area, to connect ToT over to the wharf/pier. It is so annoying to have to walk all the way around.

from what I have seen/read on official and unofficial documentation - you will still have to talk around. The plan is to have one entrance to the land, from the gates between Bountiful Valley Farm and Pacific Wharf (where they opened the gate for the ESPN X-Games shows a few summers ago). there was no indication of an access point next to ToT.

mstaft
04-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Looking forward to this so much- and it will show what the "new" Imagineers in charge of DCA do with untouched land vs. trying to fix the blunder that is there...

HisKid
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I've thought it was so odd to have ToT in a dead-end. It seems that that would hamper movement so much. It made sense if they ultimately were going to put in another way around (not to outside the park, but around to the pier/wharf. I don't know why they'd keep it like this, and then end up with THREE lands with dead-ends. the Bugs area is the only one that makes sense to me to keep as its own little pod.

Bytebear
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
from what I have seen/read on official and unofficial documentation - you will still have to talk around. The plan is to have one entrance to the land, from the gates between Bountiful Valley Farm and Pacific Wharf (where they opened the gate for the ESPN X-Games shows a few summers ago). there was no indication of an access point next to ToT.

There was an article in the OC register some time back with maps and everything, but I can't find the thread, or the article, but it did show an entrance to the right of the Tower of Terror.

Found it:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/disney-city-anaheim-1895891-california-movie

TTFN92
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
From what I read recently, the Walt Disney story was nixed and so were the street cars.

Rufus T Firefly
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I heard the street cars were staying and the Walt Disney Story was going because of cost overruns in the street car budget.

Katran
04-17-2008, 06:18 AM
There's going to be a Carsland? Seriously?! That's AWESOME!! I know a ton of kids (and adults) who are going to be thrilled about that. In fact, I'm surprised that one poster said it was a bad movie. I don't know anyone who doesn't absolutely love that movie. I usually can't stand car-themed movies and even I loved it. This is great news! :D

olegc
04-17-2008, 07:27 AM
There was an article in the OC register some time back with maps and everything, but I can't find the thread, or the article, but it did show an entrance to the right of the Tower of Terror.

Found it:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/disney-city-anaheim-1895891-california-movie

that's cool. but I have read updates that came out afterwards, as well as some of the press releases, that said the "entrance" would be from PAcific Wharf. Since this is the map that OC Register created, and not a Disney published map, i wonder... We do know, though, that every land has alternate entrances (at least at Disneyland). I usually check Blue Sky Disney blog (which links two other blogs with insider info when it appears), and of course here at MP and at MiceAge.

LdyApxr
04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
HA! This entire time I have been reading this thread as "Does anyone know anything about Carlsbad?" Don't ask me why. LOL I think this will be interesting and I liked the movie(moreso for Mater and the others than for Lightning) and my family liked it too. Always looking forward to seeing new things in DCA.

bubsy
04-17-2008, 07:55 AM
I am excited about a new area and all the other changes, but I did not like the cars movie either. It took me several attempts to get through it and I would never watch it again.

TTFN92
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I heard the street cars were staying and the Walt Disney Story was going because of cost overruns in the street car budget.

My bad. I just went back and read that part of the article again and realized what it said. I actually had to read it a couple of times because it was a little confusing to me. I thought it was saying that because of how difficult and expensive it would be then they wouldn't be doing it. But no, they are. I'm glad because that will go perfect. My mom grew up in LA and rode the streetcar everywhere. It fits well.

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-17-2008, 10:17 AM
HA! This entire time I have been reading this thread as "Does anyone know anything about Carlsbad?" Don't ask me why. LOL

You're not alone!!! The first time I saw it on the board, I thought the same thing! Hahahahahaha!!!!

HisKid
04-17-2008, 11:10 AM
HA! This entire time I have been reading this thread as "Does anyone know anything about Carlsbad?" Don't ask me why. LOL

ROFL! I read the same thing when I skimmed the board last night, and I STARTED this thread, lol!

yohomama212
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I cannot wait for this to open! My kids watch the movie at least once a week when they're with my sis and her fiance! I swear sis' fiance is the basis for Mater! We will so be there!

Elizabeth

LdyApxr
04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
ROFL! I read the same thing when I skimmed the board last night, and I STARTED this thread, lol!

ROFL! Now I don't feel silly! LMAO!

Baloo
04-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Not exactly. The land could have as many as four entry points.

There will be one connecting the Tower of Terror courtyard to CarsLAnd.
The other one will be the main drag which would be between what is now the farm area and the Wharf.

The other two in consideration are

one directly into the wharf area where the small stage is in the back. The other one is the large gates between heimlich and the bumper cars inside Flicks fun fair.

CarLand is still a workng name for the new land and most likely will change before the land opens in 2012 the same year that
"CARS 2" debuts in theaters.

The land will open with three attractions and has room for two more large attractions which are already in some kind of development for addition in the near future.

The new land will only use 12 acres of the timon lot leaving several more acres for future expansion.

Baloo
04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
From what I read recently, the Walt Disney story was nixed and so were the street cars.

Incorrect, the red trolleys are still very much a go ahead. The walt Disney story is not a go for now but the building (Carthay theater) will still be built and will be available for a future attraction.

olegc
04-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Not exactly. The land could have as many as four entry points.

There will be one connecting the Tower of Terror courtyard to CarsLAnd.
The other one will be the main drag which would be between what is now the farm area and the Wharf.

The other two in consideration are

one directly into the wharf area where the small stage is in the back. The other one is the large gates between heimlich and the bumper cars inside Flicks fun fair.

CarLand is still a workng name for the new land and most likely will change before the land opens in 2012 the same year that

The land will open with three attractions and has room for two more large attractions which are already in some kind of development for addition in the near future.

The new land will only use 12 acres of the timon lot leaving several more acres for future expansion.

cool.. thanks.

Katran
04-18-2008, 06:18 AM

That's good. I thought that "Carsland" was a little too generic. Any bets on whether or not it will be called Radiator Springs?

Bytebear
04-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I just watched the Pixar short "Mater and the Ghostlight" and I really like the look of the drive in restaurant "Flo's V-8", especially in the night shot with all the glowing neon, and really bright electrical glow of the car-hop spaces. I know the drive-in is off the plans, but I really hope they can do a restaurant in this theme. If they pull off the lighting, it could be spectactular.

Baloo
04-19-2008, 09:09 PM
the drive-inis not entirely off the plans. It is just not planned to be done in phase one when the land opens. As demand calls for the area to have another eatery it would most likely come back as planned or in another incarnation.

Also remember their will still be more land available for DCA expansion behind Tower of terror. So a new idea could be drawn up that would help the transition of Carland over to whatever takes up that large chunk of land