PDA

View Full Version : Minnie's Moonlight Madness

soccerlady16
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I got invited to MMM! But what should I brush up on? What kind of questions will be asked? Is it hard or easy? What to expect?

Thanks!

TTFN92
04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
What is it? :confused:

Malcon10t
04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
What is it? :confused:It's an employee charity event held after hours at Disneyland. Burnt Toast and PanFan can probably give better info.

PanFan
04-16-2008, 07:57 AM
It's similar to MouseAdventure, but nowhere near as exhausting! First of all, it takes place at night (I think check in is at 8:00pm and the Hunt itself is something like 9:30-11:30 (not exactly sure, but I remember getting out after awards at about 12:30), so you don't have to worry about the scorching heat. However, you are tied together to your team (and each team is required to have 4 players), so you also don't have to worry about being docked points for separating, but it also makes maneuvering through the park a little tricky! It is after hours, so there are no guests in the park to ask what you are doing (except while you're in the check-in line outside the park), run you over with strollers and/or wheelchairs, or otherwise slow you down.

The trivia is fairly standard Disney trivia, covering all aspects of the company, Walt, movies, theme parks, you name it. However, the major difference between MA and MMM trivia is that in MMM you are allowed to use reference books. It's obviously better if you know the answer without looking it up (especially because you are given a very short time to answer each question as it appears on the screen) and you don't want to be carting around stacks of heavy books while tied to your teammates, but a good index and listing of Disney films with years can be very helpful.

Keep in mind also that there is a HUGE number of teams. Last year players completely filled the Hyperion Theater and it took a good 10 minutes just to filter your way through the Hollywood Backlot (especially with everyone tied together!). I don't remember how many teams there were, but I was very excited to come in 50th, which is still on the first page of listings, wheras in MA I'm disgruntled if I'm not in the top 10. This year it's at Disneyland and I think we're meeting in the Festival Arena. Last year they also went over trivia while waiting for the results.

I won't be wearing a pot on my head for this event, but I will be there with most of my MA team, so say hi if you see me!

indyjones
04-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I've been doing MMM for over 10 years now (wow has it really been that long?). It's what Mouse Adventure is based on (as far as I know). Takes place in the park after the park has been closed so they have much more flexibility to take you inside attractions and perform activities. Time is short so you really have to be able to think fast. You are also tethered to your teammates via a 10 foot rope so you have to stick together and be able to maneuver around other teams and obstacles. It is VERY competetive and if you are doing hard puzzles (you have a choice of easier vs. harder) they are usually quite difficult.

Expect to stay up till about 1 AM but it's a lot of fun.

Indy (San Diego Mouse Catchers aka Team Big Pencil)

======================================
www.puzzlingthings.com (http://www.puzzlingthings.com)
"solve the mystery, reveal the magic"
Your source for Disneyland puzzles

dawnid
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
My DD did it last year and she got home around 2amish so take a nap that day. The plus is its after hours and you don't have to dodge strollers.

soccerlady16
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I did MA a couple of years ago and it was hard! We didn't have trouble with disney knowledge, it was the puzzles that were hard for us. So good idea to take pencils, scratch paper, flashlight things like that? Panfan what do you screens? Like a jumbotron?

AVP
04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I am SO bummed that I'm going to miss MMM this year since it's back in Disneyland.

AVP

TerryTiger
04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I am SO bummed that I'm going to miss MMM this year since it's back in Disneyland.

AVP

Why, are you banned from Disneyland now? ;-)

PanFan
04-20-2008, 08:33 PM
I did MA a couple of years ago and it was hard! We didn't have trouble with disney knowledge, it was the puzzles that were hard for us. So good idea to take pencils, scratch paper, flashlight things like that? Panfan what do you screens? Like a jumbotron?

Last year (which is the only year I have participated and all I have to go on) they had the trivia up on a large screen (I guess you could call it a Jumbotron) at the Hyperion theater. I have no idea what they'll be doing this year. The normal nighttime lighting is on, but flashlights wouldn't be a bad idea. Clipboards would be helpful and definitely bring something to write with (though last year they gave us a pencil--which ended up being part of Clue A).

TerryTiger
04-21-2008, 10:49 AM
When is MMM going to be held? Any CMs want a MA Masters team member on their team?
(hint, hint)... ;-)

AVP
04-21-2008, 10:57 AM
When is MMM going to be held? Any CMs want a MA Masters team member on their team?
(hint, hint)... ;-)If you can "find" Bev and Tracy (get it, get it?), I know they are dying to get two more people on their team.

I can't play this year because I'll be too busy hosting MouseAdventure on the High Seas on board the Disney Magic.

AVP

MKY4ME
05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
was so glad to do it!

PanFan
05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Why is it we found you so easily when it didn't count?