PDA

View Full Version : Need explanation on use of comp points

ChuckC
04-14-2008, 03:42 AM
When I purchased into the AKL Villas during the latest promotional offering (in Feb.) I received 160 comp points to be used within a year. But in further discussions over the phone with MS there were other restrictions which seemed confusing.

I may be dense (OK, you're dense :D) but can anyone spell out for me what are the rules and the time perameters about using these points?:confused:

Thanks.

GusMan
04-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Trust me, you are not the only one that has been confused over these sort of points. The thing is that our guide told us one thing but MS (and the contract) filled us in on the real story on how they can be used.

There may be additional restrictons, but these are the biggies:
-- They had to be used within one year of getting them.
-- They could not be banked or borrowed or transferred.
-- They could only be used to make reservations within the 7 month window, regardless if you are looking to use them at your home resort.

Also, you have to let MS know that you want to use them first if you are making a reservation. They will not automatically use them as a part of your "pool" of points.

The thing is that the contract sheet that denotes that you are getting bonus points does state the restrictions attached to said points. However, I dont think many people have actually read that page, myself included.

ChuckC
04-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Thanks, Gusman. I sorta understand those rules and regs but I guess I was looking for it in black and white. So in that vein . . .

The thing is that the contract sheet that denotes that you are getting bonus points does state the restrictions attached to said points. However, I dont think many people have actually read that page, myself included.

I was going to ask you where would you find this contract sheet when I decided to actually look for it.:p

And, voila, I found something called "Enhanced Vacation Option Agreement." So now I understand how to use my Enhanced Vacation Option points . . . sort of.:fez:

Thanks, again

GusMan
04-15-2008, 05:35 AM
No prob. Glad it helped.
For us... it was the very last page of our (large) stack of documents.
I guess the part that really got us confused was the conflicting info between the contract and how our guide described their usability.

Of course, its the contact that overrides all verbal comments. :)