PDA

View Full Version : Last nite and today at DCA

splbound
06-23-2001, 09:25 PM
Just wanted to share.

The wife and I snuck away to Avalon Cove and feasted last evening. Best meal I've ever had at the park...5 star. The $200.00 bill was only offset by the fact that every table in the place had kids, and chose to let them run amok. (At least until I loudly said "Sit down you little creep!"....) That pretty much solved that. Bravo Wolfie! I recommend it to anyone. But...Last night I noticed that Screamin' was down most of the night (so what else is new)...

I tool the kids back today, and since it was close to the 100 degree mark we headed right for Grizzly Peak. Guess what? Down all day. Headed for Mullholland Madness...down. Zephyer....down. Coaster....Down.

We headed for Stupidstar Limo. (By the way we have a new routine that passes the time in the ride....try it.. As they snap your picture all of my kids do an "L" on their foreheads (for "loser")...then they laugh when we see it at the end.) As we got off the ride my 4 year old tells the ride op "that really stinks, lady" . she looks at me and shrugs.....(Pretty bad when a 4 year old ceases to be amused.)

As we head back to the front, there are people swarming to guest relations....Can't really blame them, when the only thing to do is the 3d movies.

But I said all that to ask the following queston>>>>

Can the suits really complain about lackluster attendance when everything there is to do at the park is broken??????? Is there an industry wide law equal to the lemon law for cars? Maybe they can get money back. hahahaha.

Sorry for the ramble.

Oh! Forgot to end my story. So...with nothing to ride, and nothing to do, we went across the street to real entertainment, and lived happily ever after......

And as a P.S.... the drop in price didn't help at all. DCA had it's normal Saturday attendance with $33.00 adult and free kid admission.

Morrigoon
06-23-2001, 10:19 PM
Haha, those 4-year olds... they don't mince their words, do they? ;)

Well you know what they say (too bad Mikey hasn't learned this yet): Pay peanuts, get monkeys.