PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Magic In The Stars

jrsharp21
09-17-2002, 01:10 PM
When does this begin and will they only have the fireworks on the weekends?

MammaSilva
09-17-2002, 01:15 PM
sorry I can't help with your fireworks query but I noticed you're in Roseville, you might want to check out this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9720

Ghoulish Delight
09-17-2002, 01:23 PM
According to the Disney website hours and schedule, Tuesday November 5th is the first night. Then, it's not on the schedule for Wednesday or Thursday. Then, from Friday November 8th on, it's there every day, not just weekends.

And for those wondering how I could see what's happening in November when the drop down menu only lets you choose up to October, here's a couple tricks.

Trick #1: Choose October 31. Select "10 days" under Length of Stay. That'll show you up to November 9th.

Trick #2: Bring up any day's schedule. Look at the address bar. There's a long address with lots of number. Find where it says "StartMonth=" For November, put 11, Decemer, 12, etc. Then with "StartDay=" you can set which day in the month. And "Stay=" sets the number of days it will display at once (10 being max).

Denise624
09-17-2002, 01:32 PM
If you look at the Disneyland schedule 10 days out from October 31st, you will see that they have the Holiday Fireworks show scheduled to start on Nov. 8th. Looks like they will be held on weekends only. Hope this answers your question!

Ghoulish Delight
09-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Denise624
If you look at the Disneyland schedule 10 days out from October 31st, you will see that they have the Holiday Fireworks show scheduled to start on Nov. 8th. Looks like they will be held on weekends only. Hope this answers your question! ?? Like I noted above, they first have it on the 5th, then it's every day after the 8th, not just weekends.

roberts1398
09-17-2002, 02:34 PM
Darkbeer previously posted they're supposed to begin NIGHTLY beginning 11/8, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary since...

Hey JR, we're neighbors! I live in Antelope, right at the Placer County line!!! Welcome!

MammaSilva
09-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Hey Roberts1389.....I have a cousin that lives in Antelope :)

Check out the thread for the NorCal/*Bay Area Meet on Oct 12th!

roberts1398
09-17-2002, 02:47 PM
I did, Mamma, and it sounds great ... but I'll be in DLR from 9/27-10/1, then the hubby and kids and I are "vacationing" around Sac and the Bay Area the rest of the week. Realistically, I just can't see being ready to do another 4+ hour round trip in the car the next weekend. Otherwise, I'D BE THERE IN A FLASH!!! And BTW, this place sounds really cool!

PM me about where your cuz lives... maybe we're neighbors! Are they Disney junkies too? There are a bunch of people from the Sac area on these various boards...

cemeinke
09-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
According to the Disney website hours and schedule, Tuesday November 5th is the first night. Then, it's not on the schedule for Wednesday or Thursday. Then, from Friday November 8th on, it's there every day, not just weekends.

Just a cautionary note, the Disney website claims the hours shown are good through October. So while you can circumvent their website to see what may be "planned" for November or December you shouldn't bet any money on what's there.

I'd call Disney directly if you're doing any trip planning for that time frame just to make sure.

slaakker
09-17-2002, 06:59 PM
I sent a complaint regarding the Disney web site not letting you access dates further out like December. In case you are interested, here is the reply...

Dear Chris:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with our website. Please
understand that it is never our intention to inconvenience our Guests, but to
provide only the finest in products, services and entertainment. Be assured
that we have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate departments and they are
aware of your experiences.

In response to your inquiry, we plan to have the hours and show schedule portion
of our website running by the end of the week. Thank your for your patience and
cooperation in this matter.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your
visit will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Bradley Alan
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

Looks like they are going to fix the whole date thing. :)

zapppop
09-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Small World Holiday also begins Nov. 8th