PDA

View Full Version : Why no Fantasmic Merchandise?

Sophie832
09-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Maybe I am missing something, but why isn't there more Fantasmic merchandise? I have a Fantasmic glow-in-the-dark t-shirt from a long time ago, but I never see t-shirts with Fantasmic on it now. It is such a popular show, you'd think Disney would be capitalizing on it, so what gives?

Not Afraid
09-17-2002, 07:27 AM
They only current available merchandise that I can recall is a Fantasmic pin. I don't think there's anything else in the park. Who knows why this is:confused: :confused: .

BTW. I think you need a thread to explain your new title. Inquiring minds want to know.;)

rexfarms
09-17-2002, 05:03 PM
I would love some Fantasmic! merch.

cemeinke
09-17-2002, 05:23 PM
I believe there is also a Fantasmic! magnet that you can get at the Royal Street Veranda (that place right under the Gallery)

Ace
09-17-2002, 08:32 PM
You can get the CD and some other stuff at the candy cart that's across from the Blue Bayou, I think.

Techie7
09-17-2002, 08:40 PM
You also can try one of the "biggest Disney Stores" eBay!

Sophie832
09-17-2002, 10:06 PM
I am not ashamed to say that I have the soundtrack to Fantasmic, but I didn't pay for it. If there was more Fantasmic merchandise, I would definitely buy something. I love that show!

Not Afraid...I didn't think anyone would be interested, but I will start a thread in the lounge.

tabacco
09-17-2002, 10:17 PM
The Fantasmic! Cd seems ot have vanished. I specifically went looking for it awhile ago. They don't have it at the Main Street Music Shop, any of the NOS stores, WOD, or pretty much anywhere else that I could find :(

However, there's always the old standby...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=fantasmic&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

Sophie832
09-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Actually, I am quite flattered that you guys all wanna know :D

As for the CD, didn't it also include the Main Street Electrical Parade music? I wonder why it's MIA...

wdtv
09-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Yes, it does include the MSEP soundtrack. Would make it a very short album if a second show wasn't included.
A great suggestion -- Well, I think! -- for Disneyland would be to re-release the Fantasmic album, only this time with the "Believe... " music in place of the MSEP!
These are two of Disneyland's best shows and undoubtedly their most popular. In my mind, they are the greatest in the history of Disneyland, have the best & most emotional music, and a CD/.cassette with both soundtracks would probably sell very well.
Although I have the old Fantasmic CD, I'd gladly buy a new one if BTMIS were tacked on.

Daniel

Laffite
09-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by wdtv

These are two of Disneyland's best shows and undoubtedly their most popular. In my mind, they are the greatest in the history of Disneyland, have the best & most emotional music,

I agree. They still give me teary eyes and goosebumps eveytime. But only because there are fireworks and effects with the music...(esp Fantasmic!)

...otherwise I would only think of them as 2 beautiful musics.

Sophie832
09-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Believe would make a great companion to Fantasmic. Many a night I've enjoyed both, one after the other, and it's truly magical. For now, Believe just stays an mp3 like the rest. If they were both on one CD, I would definitely buy it (are you listening, Disney?).

AVP
09-18-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Sophie832
Maybe I am missing something, but why isn't there more Fantasmic merchandise? I have a Fantasmic glow-in-the-dark t-shirt from a long time ago, but I never see t-shirts with Fantasmic on it now. It is such a popular show, you'd think Disney would be capitalizing on it, so what gives?

I had also asked why there wasn't a 10th Anniversary Special Event for Fantasmic! (Something that seemed like a complete no-brainer to me)

The answer I got: Fantasmic! wasn't supposed to come back this summer, so there was no merchandise and no event planned for it.

AVP

Lani
09-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AVP
I had also asked why there wasn't a 10th Anniversary Special Event for Fantasmic! (Something that seemed like a complete no-brainer to me)

The answer I got: Fantasmic! wasn't supposed to come back this summer, so there was no merchandise and no event planned for it. Speaking of no-brainers, it's too bad someone upstairs couldn't decide to do a "last season of F!" like they did for MSEP, and really play it up. F! is my most favoritest attraction in all of Disneyland, ever. I wouldn't bought up a ton of merch.

OK, when is F! supposed to be leaving? Maybe we should have our own big F!F!F! meet (Final! Fantasmic! Farewell!)??

-- Lani (who has visions of making "F! You!" buttons... tee hee)

DwoernAdale
09-18-2002, 12:32 PM
The cart across from the stairs to the gallery had Fantasmic! CD's for sale when I was there at the end of July. I had to ask around to find it, but it was there. And it has the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade soundtrack on it. Not the DISNEY'S Electrical Parade soundtrack, which I picked up in DCA on the same trip.

~DW

Sophie832
09-18-2002, 09:51 PM
I really don't see Fantasmic ending in the near future. I've talked to CMs who say that there are plans to stop it, even after the draining of the Rivers of America. It is just too popular. And what would they replace it with? All attempts at creating a water show at DCA have been disasterous, so it doesn't look like they can create a decent show lately.

The 10th Anniversary overlook is amazing. They could have at least thrown something together at the last minute to be ready by the middle of the summer. I can't believe they gave up that kind of $.