PDA

View Full Version : The small world solution

clockworkmonkey
04-08-2008, 06:22 AM
I believe I have figured out the solution to the "it's a small world" controversy that should satisfy all parties involved.

First, let's review: first, there is a faction of Imagineering that believes the attraction would gain additional popularity with the addition of characters from Disney animated features. Then there are many of the attraction's fans who believe those characters would distract from or dilute the ride's intended message of a prayer for world peace.

The solution: rather than adding the pantheon of Disney characters to "it's a small world," why not add the "it's a small world" kids to the pantheon of Disney characters.

When Disney announced, years ago, that they would follow Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates with a Jungle Cruise movie, almost every newspaper and blog that ran the story made the same joke: "What's next, It's a Small World: The Movie"?

And now that I've thought about it a while, my response is: yes, please! Picture a Disney animated film finally done in the style of Mary Blair, a tribute to her vision and genius, and all about a group of children traveling the world to spread a message of peace through friendship, understanding, and of course, song.

Would it be hard to pull of well? Probably so, but I know we could trust Disney to handle this beloved property with care, reverence, and style. As a result, the ride would continue to have the long lines it already enjoys for decades to come.

DisneyDustin22
04-08-2008, 06:48 AM
"What's next, It's a Small World: The Movie"?

with The King of Pop as the antagonist! :p

curtsinore
04-08-2008, 06:56 AM
""all about a group of children traveling the world to spread a message of peace through friendship, understanding, and of course, song. "

And on opening day, hang banners from the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

Goldnoel022
04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
That is a great idea to me because not many people in this world even have a thought of world peace or that it could ever even happen. This being a movie would give some of those people a real understanding of what's important. :)

Rapunzelthorn
04-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I think that I am about to suffer a sudden bout of hyperglycemia. :p