PDA

View Full Version : Ahh! Our Small World Story.

MonorailMan
09-16-2002, 06:28 AM
Me and mom decided to go on IASM yesterday.
We loaded and boarded fine. First, while in the Egypt room we heard "IASM passengers, please remain seated, your boats will move momentairly." We were still crusing, so we thought nothing of it. Then as we pulled into the last room, there was a line of boats and BUMP!, we were now stuck in that line. (First thing I thought: The MPers must have sunk another boat) ;) After about 3 min. they shut off the music (thank god), and we waited, but the AAs still dancing.

The people in the back of the boat were getting annoyed so they moved left and right looking how far the drop was, thinking about getting off, even saying some non-disney words. We then heard several "Stay Seated, A Host Or Hostess Will Be With You In A Moment" stuff. After about 20 min. We saw a CM pusing some boats backwards to the exit platform. Then "Mr. I'm to good to let a CM push our boat back." (the family in the back of the boat) start pushing the boat back with their hands on the side. We then pull past a exit dock, and through the Hawaii room, where the CM havn't even come back from the other dock yet. But "Mr. I'm in control" pushes the boat back to the dock and gets out onto the platform. We remain in the boat, and watch all the other people get out. Then a CM comes by, and they saw what that back family was going, and they get a nice long chat on why DL has CMs and safety precautions, Etc... Well this guys defence was, "But We Wanted To Get Out!", the CM thanked us for staying in the boat, and directed us out. Then we walked through a small backstage area (Nothing Much, a few RRCTS signs, and a Fastpass Machine in service.) and out through ToonTown.

We were going to go to City Hall, and maybe ask for something for our time, but forgot.

I hate people that try to take it into there own hands.

Andrew
09-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Then we walked through a small backstage area (Nothing Much, a few RRCTS signs, and a Fastpass Machine in service.) and out through ToonTown.

Great story, and I know exactly the type of people you mean. When I've been stuck on rides (hasn't happened nearly as often as I'd like :D) I've always been happy to wait for the CM to come by and get us out.

Did you get any pictures??

MonorailMan
09-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Did you get any pictures??

Sorry, No. :(

Laffite
09-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Oh, don't even think about snapping pics in their backstage area. Those people are MEAN and MOST STRICT about guests snapping pics in backstage. I went backstage for the Magic Music thing and our group got more than several times about "no cameras"...

...which makes it even more tempting :D

Andrew
09-16-2002, 10:46 PM
I was walked off Pirates when the boats backed up to the fort scene. The route back to public areas lead through the back part of the ride, outside and around the show building, then back inside and past the CM cafeteria downstairs (which one is that?). I was snapping pictures all the way. No one said a thing.

No, I don't know where they are right now... :rolleyes:

Polar33
09-16-2002, 11:19 PM
I was walked off Pirates when the boats backed up to the fort scene. The route back to public areas lead through the back part of the ride, outside and around the show building, then back inside and past the CM cafeteria downstairs (which one is that?).

I've never understood why they take guests all the way around the Pirates building when they e-stop. It would be a much shorter trip if they just sent everyone that ended up on that side of the building through the gate at the near-by train station gate.

Anyway, the cafeteria you saw is called the Westside Diner. Personally, I try not to eat there very often. The food isn't bad or anything, but I just don't feel very comfortable spending my lunch hour underground and underneath a water ride that tends to leak. :)

Laffite
09-16-2002, 11:35 PM
inside and past the CM cafeteria downstairs (which one is that?). I was snapping pictures all the way. No one said a thing.

CM cafeteria, that's relatively "nothing" though. We went to backstage behind Toontown and there were lots of stuff and "sensitive materials" to see. We were also in their music studio with sheets of Fantasmic musics with big "Disney Property" stamped across on everything. They don't want anybody to take pics of the music and copy it outside as well. There were other neat stuff too like JC boats and bunch others that I'm too lazy to list because it's really late and I ought to go to bed!