PDA

View Full Version : Villain's Lair?

Alpha1mom
09-16-2002, 04:21 AM
What ever happened to the Villain's Lair?
Last time we were there it only had "boy toys"

Where can I buy villain merchandise. I miss the t-shirts etc.

Thanks!

lisarenee1026
09-16-2002, 06:24 AM
You can find the Villian merchandise over in New Orleans now, where they sell all the Jack Skellington merchandise, it is the store right next to where they sell the Gumbo in the bread bowls, can't remember the name of the store.

stan4d_steph
09-16-2002, 07:45 AM
The store in New Orleans Square where the villians merchandise is being sold was/is "Le Gourmet." The store is set to be rethemed and renamed "Le Bat en Rouge."

madamemortem
09-16-2002, 11:55 PM
I miss the Villains Lair!!:crying: That was my favorite store in all of Disneyland! Oh, Disney, bring it back!:mad:

DLfreak
09-17-2002, 10:54 AM
I agree....I really miss the Villain's Lair...
But I do REALLY like the new store! :)
I just wish they would get some new merchandise. They haven't in a while. :) Hopefully a lot of new stuff will come with Haunted Mansion Holiday opening up.
And, as much as I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas....they do need more other villains in there. :)

Morrigoon
09-17-2002, 12:09 PM
That was always the problem with the villains store... not enough new or original stuff. How about a Madam Mim t-shirt for once? They had too much generic "all villains" stuff, rather than specializing your favorite characters (there are a few notable exceptions to that, of course, but they need to drop the stupid "definitions" line - it doesn't suit the target market of villains merchandise (at least I don't think it does!)

Gemini Cricket
09-17-2002, 12:30 PM
They still have the witch from Snow White caged in the store where the Villain's Lair used to be. It still works too.

The CM behind the counter knows her speech by heart. :D

cstephens
09-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DLfreak
I agree....I really miss the Villain's Lair... But I do REALLY like the new store! :) I just wish they would get some new merchandise. They haven't in a while.

Maybe they'll get more stuff in the next month or so. I know the location will be closing soon, if it hasn't already, so that the shop can be redone. When we were at Flik's on Sunday, we ran into friends, one of whom is a CM and works in merchandising and she was telling us about the new shop as well as the HMH exhibit at the Gallery. Can't wait for that!

Cadaverous Pallor
09-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
They still have the witch from Snow White caged in the store where the Villain's Lair used to be. It still works too.Heehee. GD and I like to go in there and start up the witch when some little kid is checking her out. Scares the bejeezus out of them. :D

Gemini Cricket
09-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Heehee. GD and I like to go in there and start up the witch when some little kid is checking her out. Scares the bejeezus out of them. :D
That sounds like too much fun! :D Heck, I might stand there all day and do that, just to see a kid jump out of his diapers. :D

mousey_girl
09-17-2002, 04:48 PM
That sounds like too much fun! :D Heck, I might stand there all day and do that, just to see a kid jump out of his diapers. :D

You have my permission to do this to The Boy. I just want to know ahead of time so that I can get a pic of it!!!

DLfreak
09-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
When we were at Flik's on Sunday, we ran into friends, one of whom is a CM and works in merchandising and she was telling us about the new shop as well as the HMH exhibit at the Gallery. Can't wait for that!

Oh, I know! I'm sooooo excited for the new Gallery exhibit! :D
And of course I'm excited for HMH!

marron-cream
09-17-2002, 09:41 PM
They still have the witch from Snow White caged in the store where the Villain's Lair used to be. It still works too.

The CM behind the counter knows her speech by heart. :D

Not for long though... she's set to move soon. At least they've been telling us that for a month or so!

Speaking of scaring little kids, we have a remote control behind the counter (kind of like a garage door opener) that we use to start up the witch. Talk about seeing them jump out of diapers... :D

madamemortem
09-18-2002, 12:41 AM
Does everyone have a favorite villain?
I have three...
The Wicked Queen from Snow White ("bring back her heart...in this!) :eek:
Lady Tremaine aka Cinderella's Wicked Step-mother (has a cat named Lucifer. Only a mean woman names her cat after the prince of darkness) :eek:
And the Queen of Mean....The one and only Maleficent!!
("now you will deal with me oh prince and all the powers of hell!!)
She is the coolest :cool:

Oh yeah...and the Horned King from the too often overlooked Black Caulderon. He was really scary!!:eek:

Alpha1mom
09-18-2002, 05:36 AM
Hi,

Are the Villain Dolls (Barbie-Type) still available at DL?
There was Snow White Queen, Malecifent, Ursula, Cruella, Jafar

Thanks!

DLfreak
09-18-2002, 08:38 AM
I think I have seen some of those at both World of Disney and the little toy shop at the Small World exit.