PDA

View Full Version : New Electric Parade Plush!

cstephens
09-15-2002, 10:32 PM
We were in DCA today and noticed that the shop near the entrance to Bug's Land had a name change, so we wandered in to take a look. Unfortunately, because of the abundance of slithering creatures, I wasn't able to get very far in the door, but we did notice that they've released new plush linked to the Electric Parade. There are four of them: turtle, snail, caterpillar and bee. Each of them has a light-up and, when pushed, plays the intro music of the Electrical Parade. They are very cute, very well designed, and have representations of the sparkling lights on them. $10 each, so a very good price.

MammaSilva
09-15-2002, 10:36 PM
an abundance of slithering? NOT this disney shopper! I don't even wander around the little shop next to JC in adventure land LOL

cstephens
09-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
an abundance of slithering? NOT this disney shopper! I don't even wander around the little shop next to JC in adventure land LOL

I am so there with you. Not only do I not even bother to go near that shop, but I'm even reluctant to ride Jungle Cruise, and when I do and am in the queue, when I'm in the particular part of the queue that is next to the shop and near the barrels of slithering things, I have to turn my back and inch my way through, with my husband walking along between me and the slitherers.

When we went into this re-themed shop, we entered from the side closer to San Andreas Shakes. Entering the shop, I started to go left. Two buckets of slitherers. Stop. Turn right. Start heading that way. Notice one of the Electric Parade plush sitting on the register. Go closer to investigate. CM comes up to show me how it works. Notice she has a slitherer draped around her next. Spin around and head the other way, back to the door entrance. My husband explains to her why I've run away, so she removes the slitherer. I try to go back that way and am heading over to where all the EP plush is on the far wall. Until I notice that positioned amongst the framing near that wall are about 5 or 6 slitherers. Stop. Go back to the spot by the entrance door. Stay there for the entire time, still having to look at the slitherers to see the rest of the plush, as one of my friends and my husband both bring various plush over to show me.

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

MouseWife
09-16-2002, 07:09 AM
I love it!! Honesty!!

The Indy comment is so true. :)

I hate those things and the little fake spiders and such.

I don't know many times I have thought I was picking up a 'fake' spider and it was a real one!!:eek: Can we say stop the heart scare?

Or, lizards. Seeing one in a closet and thinking it was fake and then NOT!!

When I clean out their rooms, I just sort of put those in the trash can. When they are not looking, of course. ;)

AVP
09-16-2002, 08:33 AM
*Finally!* I saw photos of these a year ago - I had begun to think that they had cancelled them. Sounds like they still didn't do the footman mouse - that was the cutest one.

AVP

Bill Catherall
09-16-2002, 08:34 AM
You do understand that they are rubber and aren't going to be jumping at you? ;)

It's a very dangerous thing you're doing...revealing to me your fear of rubber reptiles. I will exploit it! :D :p

MammaSilva
09-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Bill, trust me on this issue, you do NOT want to go there at least not with me, my phobia is so intense I've actually gone to a therapist over it... can't do the whole slither thing, riding Indy I can't sit on the outside "passenger" side and since we all KNOW where the slither is I just hunker down and close my eyes and hum till I feel us make the turn.....I'm seriously bummed because I just don't know if I can hang with seeing Harry Potter II because the evil is a slither'er

Cadaverous Pallor
09-16-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Or, lizards. Seeing one in a closet and thinking it was fake and then NOT!!And then they jump at your face and sink their poison fangs into you, killing you instantly!! Because that's what tiny lizards do, KILL PEOPLE!!! Oh wait, no, they just run away and hide. ;) ;) ;)

Jeez, women. :rolleyes: ;)

I LOVE those big rubber smelly spiders and snakes!!! They don't call me Cadaverous for nothing! :cool:

Bill Catherall
09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
CP, you're killing me! :D

Mamma...what about gummy worms. Will you eat those?

I wonder what it is that makes people so afraid of rubber. ;)

cstephens
09-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
And then they jump at your face and sink their poison fangs into you, killing you instantly!! Because that's what tiny lizards do, KILL PEOPLE!!! Oh wait, no, they just run away and hide. ;) ;) ;)

I LOVE those big rubber smelly spiders and snakes!!! They don't call me Cadaverous for nothing! :cool:

And I think it's great that they don't bother you, but I don't see why it's then necessary to ridicule those of us who aren't as fortunate. It's not about what one understands intellectually. That's why they're called phobias.

I completely understand that a plastic snake, a picture of a snake, a snake being shown on TV, even a real snake behind glass poses no danger to me. Doesn't mean I'm not frightened out of my mind about them. I know that some people think it's funny to toss a rubber snake or spider at someone who's afraid of them. I would seriously recommend against that as it may not just be a passing fear. Someone who used to be a friend and knew how deathly afraid I was of snakes for some reason decided it would be funny to get me, as a Christmas present one year, a t-shirt of the Indy ride that included 2 huge green cobras on the front of the shirt. I was so terrified that I picked the t-shirt up by the very collar so as to avoid touching them. I tried to be polite about the gift (which I did exchange for something else later), but I was decidedly not happy when the gifter went on to complain to others, including mutual friends, about my reaction to the shirt, and that I was being completely ungrateful.

Mammasilva - I completely understand what you mean about the Indy ride. I think the striking cobra is very cool - when I'm sitting on the far left side of the vehicle. If I'm ever stuck riding on the right side (which rarely happens as there are usually enough people with me to prevent that from happening), I just duck and close my eyes until I know that part is over.

I have no idea when I became this frightened of slitherers. Part of it may be my mother (who's also deathly afraid of them), but I know it wasn't that bad for me at one point since I saw the movie "Ssssssssssss" (however many "s" 's there are supposed to be) on TV, and it didn't bother me much. I actually liked the movie. At some point, though, my comfort level apparently changed. It's going to be so difficult watching "Survivor Thailand" as the promos have already said there will be some sort of huge slitherers about. I know I have to be careful and not watch the screen as carefully and carelessly as I did previous incarnations of the show.

So, yeah, getting back to the topic at hand, there were these cute plush of the ELP floats...

MammaSilva
09-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Bill, cartoon slithers like the one in Robin Hood. or gummy worms don't bother me....but anything fake/real that LOOKS real does....but no I don't eat gummy worms... they are just nasty .. I don't eat gummy bears either ICK LOL

justagrrl
09-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
It's not about what one understands intellectually. That's why they're called phobias.

I completely understand that a plastic snake, a picture of a snake, a snake being shown on TV, even a real snake behind glass poses no danger to me.

That's interesting. I have a fear of "falling"...not really of heights so much. For example, just seeing a picture of somone standing on the edge of a cliff brings about this strange reaction in my body where my wrists and the back of legs feel "ache-y" almost. Difficult to describe.

A movie, out in the few years, about rock climbers was on TV not to long back and I couldn't stand to watch it at all. It's wierd that seeing a picture of something can bring about a physical sensation.

Sheesh - even sitting here and typing about it makes my wrists hurt. It's a similar sensation to "restless leg syndrome" - almost a crawly feeling that makes you want to stretch the muscle.

Now - I go on lot's of rides with no problem. I go to tall buildings. etc. There is no (perceived) danger of falling though.

I'm fascinated by this sort of thing for some reason. Sorry to go off on a tangent. :rolleyes: :(

Not Afraid
09-16-2002, 01:00 PM
And then they jump at your face and sink their poison fangs into you, killing you instantly!! Because that's what tiny lizards do, KILL PEOPLE!!! Oh wait, no, they just run away and hide. ;) ;) ;)

Well, I guess our screen names DO mean something. I am also Not Afraid of snakes, spiders, lizards, etc. I don't want them crawling on my body, but looking is not bad.

We used to have a little lizard who used to like the laundry room and would occasionaly spend some time in the shower. So , every once in a while, I would end up showering with a lizard. Cute little guy would do these little push ups while enjoying the steam.

There IS one thing that really gives me the hebejebes, and that is Scorpians. I'm not sure if you would call it a "phobia" just a very strong reaction to the thought of them. I do NOT like them - (and to steer back on topic) not even if they are plush and lit up like a DEP float!

MouseWife
09-16-2002, 01:13 PM

Ha! These lizards are not little. The little ones are cute. They are all over our patio, I think right now is their season to be born. And no, they don't have poison fangs but they do bite. They will clamp on to you if you pick it up thinking it is a toy. Imagine the shock then.

I have never stopped hubby or sons from having pet snakes or lizards. I hated having to watch them be fed........so I didn't.

I have buckets and buckets of fake critters. What kills me is that I get used to them and then as I am cleaning the house, I go to pick one up and it isn't fake. This could be a tarantula, big gray house spider, scorpion, lizard, snake. What ever.

I don't buy them, I don't like them. I don't like to have them in the house because it seems I am the only one who picks them up.

And, when your head is stuck in a closet cleaning it up a lizard looks like a snake. :o

I live next to a canyon where I am constantly dealing with those critters plus skunks, possums, coyotes.

Creepy, crawly, creepy, crawly, yuck. ;)