PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Problems

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
09-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Have you noticed how bad they put the waterfall back together. I wish I had pictures of before and after. Before it looked like a waterfall by having the plates create the friction. Now its just flat and you can see the flume. Its ugly. They should raise the plates to create the friction they had before. If you have noticed any other problems with splash mountain post here.

Gemini Cricket
09-15-2002, 06:36 PM
I have two.

Has the second vulture returned?

Didn't the steamboat at the end finale rock as if riding a wave? The last time I rode Splash, it was sitting still...

I haven't noticed the waterfall. I'll check it out next time. :)

Disneyfreak
09-15-2002, 06:39 PM
You are right that the steamboat used to rock and it doesnt now. Maybe they dont want the motors to overheat and catch on fire. Also the second vulture has not returned.

Gemini Cricket
09-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
You are right that the steamboat used to rock and it doesnt now. Maybe they dont want the motors to overheat and catch on fire. Also the second vulture has not returned.
:(
Poor vulture. Maybe someone ate him.
:crying: :D

Disneyfreak
09-15-2002, 06:58 PM
LOL

GoldenEars
09-15-2002, 07:14 PM
Isn't Splash Mountain going down for rehab soon? Maybe it's because of that, that they aren't doing anything about the steamboat rocking, the extra vulture, or anything else that seems to be wrong with that attraction. I hear Disney is going to close Critter Country for quite a few months until the new Pooh ride opens in the Spring. At which time, they'll continue to work on Splash Mountain and getting that all working correctly. By the time they re-open Critter Country, the area will have a slightly new look and I believe the *land* will be called something other than Critter Country.

But I've noticed those problems too with SM, and I do hope they bring it up to par, cuz SM is my favorite attraction!!:D

See you all at the Parks!

Patrick

haiderodes
09-16-2002, 11:48 AM
i noticed the "flat" flume in August. It seems as if they took some of the plates out completly, making it look really bad.

Disneyfreak
09-16-2002, 11:51 AM
I hope they can get some replacement plates. Also at the top the water is shooting high off the flume just as the drop starts. Also the jets are not shooting very high, why is that? When I was 8 years old the jets shooting up the water shot the water very high. Now its very low. Do they do this unpurpose?

rexfarms
09-16-2002, 12:37 PM
New name for Critter Country eh? Bear Country to Critter Country to what? Pooh Country? I hope not. I am fine with Critter Country.

Gemini Cricket
09-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
New name for Critter Country eh? Bear Country to Critter Country to what? Pooh Country? I hope not. I am fine with Critter Country.
I think they're going to call it "The 100 Acre Woods". That's my theory. They'll incorporate Splash somehow...

Karlos the Jackal
09-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Pooh Country?

Eww. *Shudders*

--K

Gemini Cricket
09-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Could be Pooh Corner/Pooh's Corner...

RStar
09-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Karlos the Jackal
Eww. *Shudders*

--K

So if a CM enters there they will be "stepping off into Pooh Country", or stepping into Pooh for short.:eek:

That's almost as bad as the Pooh *meat* and great from a few months back. (Pooh meat:eek: ).

Hyperboy
09-16-2002, 10:34 PM
I was on Splash this past Sunday, and it really looked like hell.

Animatronics were either missing (the pig on the river boat, the vulture before the drop) or working improperly (Mr. Bluebird looks like his neck has been snapped, the "there's nothing in here but us bees!" part was not timed to the drop, Brer Rabbit looked like he was having a seizure right before the drop, the owl at the beginning lift did not work, the owl at the end with the pictures did not work, etc., etc. (I'm really too sleepy right now to list everything, but it does go on))

Hopefully they'll get these things working when/if Splash goes back down this fall.

Kayoss
09-17-2002, 02:08 PM
<<<<Animatronics were either missing (the pig on the river boat, the vulture before the drop) or working improperly (Mr. Bluebird looks like his neck has been snapped, the "there's nothing in here but us bees!" part was not timed to the drop, Brer Rabbit looked like he was having a seizure right before the drop, the owl at the beginning lift did not work, the owl at the end with the pictures did not work, etc., etc. (I'm really too sleepy right now to list everything, but it does go on))

Hopefully they'll get these things working when/if Splash goes back down this fall.>>>

I'll pick up on that Hyperboy: The owl as you're climbing the 'barn lift' is totally out of sink with the hooting (actually, his mouth just stutters and freaks), Brer Bear with the bees spins around but the bees do not, and the Raccoon playing harmonica in the beginning of the River Boat scene has a severe case of eye twitch. Again, only super nerds like us actually see all these details, but when you add them all up it combines for a bad show.

It's such a crown jewel attraction! It should be kept up!

Morrigoon
09-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Hyperboy, you crack me up, you get more like Al every day! ;)

(I told you we'd suck ya in! ADDict ;))

Hyperboy
09-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Hyperboy, you crack me up, you get more like Al every day! ;)

LOL.... well I *am* one of his evil Disney hating minions, what did you expect? ;)

But back on topic, I totally agree with Kayoss -- when there are THAT many problems with the ride, it is bad show. And it is surprising that so much is broken after it went down for so long. I guess the entire budget went to making the outside of the ride look good + redoing the logs.

Another quick question about Splash -- were there always speakers embedded in the mountain as you float away from the loading dock (on the left hand side)? They don't really blend in with the mountain -- I don't remember seeing them before. I know the safety spiel is new, so maybe they added the speakers for that reason?

Ghoulish Delight
09-17-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
...the owl at the end with the pictures did not work... Just to pick some nits. This owl is not malfunctioning. Remember, they used to show you photo and have the owl squaking a sales pitch at you. But the photos were never timed right. You'd always either see a blank screen or someone elses photo. So, they turned the screen off. But they left the owl on. So it'd be sitting there telling you to look at your wonderful photo on the blank screen. Finally, they turned the owl off.

Of course, the should remove the thing rather than just pulling the plug and leave it sitting there, but at least there's a REASON that's no longer running.

Yes, overall Splash maintainance is severly lacking. I get the feeling that everyone has figured "it's going to be down for almost a year anyway. Why waste time trying to work around the crowds, and work after hours to fix things when we'll have all the time in the world once it closes." That's best case. Worst case is that they've completely given up on it.

Hyperboy
09-17-2002, 04:13 PM
The photos did work for a number of years after Splash opened (i.e. displaying to the correct log) It just hadn't worked (or been on) as originally intended for the last few years.

It just looked strange to have this silent, twitching owl up there. You'd think that Disney would get something which earns them easy cash after the ride fixed... but oh wait... that would make sense ;)

elimoon
09-17-2002, 04:16 PM
When do you think they will start the refurb on Spalsh Mtn.? I didn't notice anything in the refurb schedule at least not Oct - Mid Nov. Any ideas? also how accurate are the refurb schedules? Might I be in for a big surprise when I come in Nov. ? Thanks ...moon:p

Morrigoon
Well, they could at least grab Maynard and have him record some kind of spiel for the owl that doesn't relate to the photos

Gemini Cricket
Originally posted by Hyperboy
It just looked strange to have this silent, twitching owl up there. You'd think that Disney would get something which earns them easy cash after the ride fixed... but oh wait... that would make sense ;)
I think we should all be thankful that they didn't turn the whole ride into a Pooh-oriented attraction. :)

Morrigoon
09-17-2002, 04:17 PM
Good thing the suits never bother reading these boards (what would they want with customer opinion, after all?). You might give them ideas....

Darkbeer
09-17-2002, 10:02 PM
Heck, they could PAINT the Zip-A-Dee-Lady and sweep off the floor, when you look down on it from the train it looks TACKY!!!!

Heck, they sweep the rest of the park, why can't the sweep the SET:confused:

Disneyfreak
09-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Everytime I go on splash mountain I only get mist in my face when before the refurb I always got really wet. Whats up with that. Is it because the logs have less weight because of the reduced capacity on the logs? Please tell me if you have not gotten wet in a while. Also the ride is not as enjoyable as before because they speeded up the water so you go through the ride really fast when it doesnt help anything because at the end there is a line of logs anyway. Why not give the public a little more ride for that huge line.