PDA

View Full Version : The Voice of the Disney Gallery

Gallery 196
09-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone,

A friend was kind enough to alert me to this Website and message board (I must admit, I am not what you would call "computer savvy"). He mentioned that someone had made some comments about the phone greetings at the Disney Gallery. Well...by way of introduction, I AM that voice.

I am very new to the Voice-over business. I have done some character work on a few websites and a few hundred answering machines for friends (LOL). But when the opportunity came along to do the announcements at the Gallery, I was more than thrilled!...because I too am a huge fan of "Walt's little park in Anaheim". I practically grew up there, as I am sure many of you did as well. I visit the park 3-4 times a year, and have been collecting at the Disney Gallery since 1989. I have been doing the announcements now for just over a year. If you called prior to the current "Haunted Mansion Holiday Exhibit" announcement, you would have heard the basic pleasant "Hello, and thank you for calling the Disney Gallery in Disneyland!" ( I tried my best Jack Wagner impersonation....If only I was that good!!!).

But now the "Holidays" are upon us, and that gave me the opportunity to have some fun. I tried to make it nice and creepy. Hopefully something Paul Frees would have given his approval to (again....if only I was that good...Paul Frees was a god!!!!!).

I will be attending the "Haunted Mansion Holiday event" on the 3rd. (I did last year as well, The mansion is my favorite), perhaps I will meet some of you there. It will be easy, just go up to every one and say "Hi", if their voice sounds familiar...It's me!!

My congratualtions to the staff here at Mouse planet, you run a top notch show, Iam quite impressed by the work you have done. Everyone (the board encluded) seems to be genuinely dedicated to the Park. The attention to detail, and the atmosphere created by it at Disneyland is unmatched anywhere. I am proud to share your enthusiasm.

Thanks for your time
Brian.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Hi Brian, welcome to the boards! It's an honor to have you. :)

Looks like I'll have to call the Gallery. Do you perhaps have any demos online?

FunFactorGuy
09-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi Brian!

Any chance of having a web link to some of your work? I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the gallery announcements, but would love to hear your work. Or even a link to your website if you have one demoing some of the other work you do. Who knows, we might need your services!

Then again, I just re-read your post and noticed you said you were "not computer-savvy", so maybe you won't . hehe

Welcome to the boards!

Morrigoon
09-16-2002, 12:01 AM
Nice to meet you, Gallery! Head over to the Lounge and introduce yourself! :)

Gallery 196
09-16-2002, 11:06 AM
Thank you all for the warm reception:

FunFactorGuy, Morrigoon, and Cadaverous Pallor (love the name), very nice to hear from you all. To answer your questions, No...Iam affraid I do not have my own website with a demo (I can barely operate my toaster, let alone a computer). I did do some extensive voice work for a few websites though. One was Funschool.com and its related site was "Galactica". I did several voices on those sites including Dr. Kaos-"lord of time and space" (he was fun), a great pirate narration for "Rivet II, The Legand of the Pirates Gold", and one of the hosts of the site "Gator". Both sites were bought by Kaboose.com, I believe it is a Canadian company (funfactorguy!!!!). When the change of ownership occurred, Gator was...."sent back to the swamp". The sites are still active, but alas, Gator and the gang are gone (at least their voices are). A CD-rom was offered before the change (I appear on that), called "funschool for me!" (maybe some of the neighborhood kids might have a copy).

Other than that, I have done numerous company phone systems, (including a few managers over at Disneyland),but of course I hesitate to give out their numbers (100 hang up calls may be annoying, LOL). So for now I guess the only place you can hear me is at the Gallery. They are currently closed for the referb from 100 mickeys to Haunted Mansion Holiday, so the system is always on. Right now is the "comming attraction" message. On Oct. 4th I will be changing it over to the "Now Playing" message (still working on that one) (any ideas???!!!). I am always looking from comments and critisizms.

Thanks for the responses folks, perhaps we will meet on Oct. 3rd.

Until then..........(demonic laugh)
Brian