PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice for Oct 13-18 Trip

Klutch
09-15-2002, 08:07 AM
Since the wonderful people in this forum appear to have all answers for all things Disney, I wanted to ask for advice about my October 13-18 Disneyland trip. I'm driving from Colorado Springs.

I plan to arrive in the afternoon on Sunday, 13 Oct. We'll stay at the Candy Cane. I've got 5-day hopper passes for my wife, my daughter and her friend (14 yrs), and me. Since that's Columbus Day weekend, I expect the parks to be quite crowded Sunday and Monday. However, since I got two free days, I was considering heading to DCA on Sunday night to catch the Elecrical Parade, and heading to Disneyland Monday night to catch Fantasmic! My wife and I are also considering the "Walk in Walt's Memory" tour at some point while the girls ride Space Mountain 5 times in a row, or something.

I have Aunts and Uncles in the area who I can visit early on Monday.

Sound like a good plan? Or, should I just blow off the Aunts and Uncles and head to parks as soon as I arrive and soak up every minute of Disney atmosphere possible, crowded as it may be?

EandCDad
09-15-2002, 08:10 AM
Blowing off Aunts and Uncles usually depends on how excited you are to see them. If you are gonna be there for five days, schedule some breaks during the day. This could be Aunt and Uncle time or hang out by the pool time.

I don't think Fantasmic will be playing that day (or any day of your trip), hopefully someone can confirm. I've heard good things about the tour, so I would do that.

teri
09-15-2002, 08:18 AM
You can check the show schedule at the official Disneyland site...

here is a link to the page you want:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?DLP&DCA&DTD&DRH

Fantasmic! will only be on the 13th, so don't miss it!

Klutch
09-15-2002, 08:19 AM
I checked the Park schedules. Looks like Fantasmic! is playing Sunday night and Electrical parade Sunday and Monday. So, I guess I can flip-flop.

Good idea to take breaks in the afternoon.

HBDisneyPrincess
09-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Also, make sure you do the Haunted Mansion Holiday if that looks interesting to you. It opens October 4th. Get a fast pass for it!

I don't think Columbus Day will be quite as bad as it use to be. A lot of public elementary schools in the area don't have Columbus Day off anymore.