PDA

View Full Version : My 4 year old was on the millionaire show

Kimi_Coconuts
09-14-2002, 10:44 PM
On Monday 9/9 during our week long trip, my family headed for the millionaire show. My husband had it in his head to be in the hot seat again (he was there in May). I told my barely 4 year old daughter (Alissa) to press ABCD as quickly as she could.

I missed the movie question and knew my husband was going to know the answer and be near the top, sure enough he was number 2 on the list, but who was number one? Yep, Alissa, my 4 year old little one dressed up like tinkerbell that day. My mother, who was with us, shrieked at me when she realized it was Alissa's seat number called out.

I was trying not to give into hysterics over her beating my husband (who really knew the answer and lost by 3 seconds to her), but I also had to take her up there to the 'hot seat'. Later she confessed to me that "That seat wasn't really hot Mommy", LOL.

So, had I known I was going to coach her I would have sent my husband up there, but as it was it was a whole lot of fun being on the set with my daughter giving her tiny 'final answer' to the hostess who thought Alissa (aka Tinkerbell) was just the cutest thing ever to be seen there at DCA. She said she'd never had anyone that young make it up there. The entire cast fell in love with her and they allowed us to take her picture in the hot seat later that day (no longer in the Tinkerbell costume but with her millionaire hat and lanyard on). She made it to the 16,000 question when her mother blew it on a stupid evergreen question, oh well. Let me tell you I beat myself up all night long over that stupid question and a few of the others she (we) used the lifelines on.

All in all Tinkerbell was most thrilled by having tradeable pins and now has 5 new princess pins to her name and someday will hear the stories of her day in the hot seat (that wasn't really hot) and they day she upstaged her father.

Nigel2
09-14-2002, 10:54 PM
Hehe, thats funny.

Oh BTT here is some Ketchup for your keyboard.:D

justagrrl
09-15-2002, 11:55 AM
What a fun story. Thanks for sharing it. :) I loved the part about the hot seat not really being hot.

Mad Hatter
09-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Wow! sounds like you all had a great time. Congrats to your daughter (what a great memory to have),just wish I could get in the hot seat(but cant because Im a cm)and its cool that you have pictures too!:)

stinkerbell
09-16-2002, 05:38 AM
That is hilarious! :) Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Also, it reminded me to call the Disney Store and put Tink costume on hold! Thanks again!

BTT
09-17-2002, 01:05 AM
Oh BTT here is some Ketchup for your keyboard.

I would, but first Kimi has to confirm two pieces of info that you assumed (she never stated outright in her story):

1) That her daughter got in on a fastest finger question.

2) That the correct answer she had was ABCD, and not a different order.

Nevertheless, it is a cute story. When I went back in July/August, an entire audience of 600 strong were beaten on a fastest finger by a 4 year old who suddenly had a startling knowledge of Aaron Spelling shows of the '70s and '80s. I think she clocked in at under three seconds.

Ben

Kimi_Coconuts
09-17-2002, 07:12 AM
Hi Ben!

YES to both of your questions, the answer was ABCD and she won on that question.

When I came home and read through the post about millionaire tricks and saw your post I laughed out loud because what you had said could never happen did.

:)

Do you know the female hostess of the show? She would remember my daughter because she also took her picture that day to take home with her when we took the picture in the hot seat. I'll have to scan and post it when I get it back.

I can't imagine what a keyboard tastes like, ewwwwww.

BTT
09-17-2002, 12:47 PM
You've never had a feast of QWERTY before? I try to avoid the back space key...it always comes up on me. And for some reason, the shift key always leaves me uncomfortable.

Ben :-p

Kimi_Coconuts
09-17-2002, 01:43 PM
LOL! But ewwwwwwwwwwwwww again!

Nigel2
09-17-2002, 09:19 PM
I know a place in Scottland that will deepfry anything you want for a price.:D