PDA

View Full Version : Is it true what I heard about the Maliboomer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Omnitographer
04-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Are they really going to remove my favorite ride from DCA? Please say it isnt so!!!!!

HisKid
04-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Are they really going to remove my favorite ride from DCA? Please say it isnt so!!!!!

Found this, which seems to confirm it:
http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=949

IllusionOfLife
04-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, it's true. But may I recommend The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror over in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? It has the same up and down thrills with a great theme and story created by the brilliant minds at WDI.

–Solar Surfer

emmah
04-05-2008, 04:37 PM
yes it is true and I agree, it is sad. While the theming sucks and it does not fit into a disney park (imho), nothing beats the adrenaline rush of the maliboomer (not even ToT, which I LOVE). I always make sure to get a seat facing into the park because the views are great from up there... I rode it 3 times on my last day in february because it seemed that it might be gone by the next time we make it back to LA.

bubsy
04-05-2008, 06:24 PM
For the longest time I thought this ride was called the MAILboomer and I was so confused about what that meant.

I hate the plastic barf guard or whatever it is, it makes me uncomfortable, like I am breathing the same air over and over.

Heffalump
04-05-2008, 06:39 PM
How sad!

Rapunzelthorn
04-05-2008, 07:14 PM
For the longest time I thought this ride was called the MAILboomer and I was so confused about what that meant.

I hate the plastic barf guard or whatever it is, it makes me uncomfortable, like I am breathing the same air over and over.

I also thought it was called the Mailboomer and was confused!:p

TTFN92
04-05-2008, 07:52 PM

It's a scream guard.

I really don't like that ride and don't care if they take it out or not. My 11 y.o. DS will be sad though, but he's the only one.

carolinakid
04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Sure, the Maliboomer is a fun ride but one you can find at just about ANY theme/amusement park and therefore not worthy of being a Disney attraction. So long Maliboomer! Let's hope for a new attraction filled with magic & worthy to be in a Disney resort park! Only my opinion...;)

tod
04-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm gonna miss it, but it's gonna be nice to see our old friend, the sign that says "Sorry, We're Imagineering a new attraction" with Mickey at the drawing board.

;)

--t

amarvel
04-06-2008, 07:26 PM
my dh is very upset too, its his favorite ride. although not my favorite i do find it different then TOT. but at least TOT is staying for a similar thrill.

Rapunzelthorn
04-06-2008, 11:15 PM
It's a scream guard.

I really don't like that ride and don't care if they take it out or not. My 11 y.o. DS will be sad though, but he's the only one.

What is the purpose of a "scream guard"? I have never ridden the Maliboomer, but it seems like that plastic thing in front of your face would make you feel very claustrophobic.

nico335
04-07-2008, 12:00 AM
just curious, does this elevate higher then tower of terror? or not as high? maybe the same?

stan4d_steph
04-07-2008, 01:13 AM
What is the purpose of a "scream guard"? I have never ridden the Maliboomer, but it seems like that plastic thing in front of your face would make you feel very claustrophobic.It's for noise abatement. Basically it reduces the noise that people hear outside DCA and is likely a requirement of the DCA permit to keep the sound outside below a certain level.

Darkbeer
04-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Next time you are at the park, notice the "tunnels" on California Screamin'. They are solid facing the south (where homes are located), but open facing the park. It is another form of sound shielding, similar to the Scream Shields on Maliboomer.

Tower of Terror's opening doors also are designed to have the guests screams go towards the park.

Crazy4DL
04-07-2008, 07:42 AM
So long Maliboomer! Let's hope for a new attraction filled with magic & worthy to be in a Disney resort park! Only my opinion...;)

I agree!

Exitx
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Its the same reason there are "tubes" around California Screamin.

It's for noise abatement. Basically it reduces the noise that people hear outside DCA and is likely a requirement of the DCA permit to keep the sound outside below a certain level.

stan4d_steph
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Its the same reason there are "tubes" around California Screamin.Yep.

Andrew
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Its the same reason there are "tubes" around California Screamin.

Yep.

For Internet access?

FolsomFan
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
This ride left me conflicted.

Before I was shot up in the air, I actually was a little scared from the anticipation. But once you are shot up in the air, it was disappointing.

I like ToT much better.

biolabetty
04-07-2008, 11:09 PM
I always felt the "up" was better than the "down" on Maliboomer, and the reverse on TOT.

TTFN92
04-08-2008, 07:28 AM
I always felt the "up" was better than the "down" on Maliboomer, and the reverse on TOT.

That's the point. Maliboomer isn't a drop, it shoots you up. ToT is a drop.

Darkbeer
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
That's the point. Maliboomer isn't a drop, it shoots you up. ToT is a drop.

HUH????

The first "high speed" action of the elevator is going UP!

And just like the Maliboomer, and other S&S Towers, once the first action is made (going up, or down, like Supreme Scream, which goes up SLOWLY), it goes up and down multiple times, bouncing you around.

Jim Dear and Darling
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm not a big Maliboomer fan. The anticipation is fun, but that's the only thing it has going for it. However, I'd rather see them knock out a different ride if they want to make room for a new attraction. Like the Orange Stinger, or Jumpin' Jellyfish, or that stupid ferris wheel.

Wallad1075
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
HUH????

The first "high speed" action of the elevator is going UP!

Actually the "first" motion of the thrill part of the ride is dropping DOWN.