PDA

View Full Version : Tea Cups

Dreamstaker
09-14-2002, 07:19 AM
I NEVER go on the tea cups. But yesterday, my two boys finally pleaded me into it. (17 and 13 year old boys).

Little grimlins that they are, realizing this may be the only time they get their mother on this ride, decided to work together to spin it as fast as they could. Colors aah all I see is colors. WOW I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. The hard part was when the ride stopped and we were told to walk to the fence. Fence? Stand? I don't think so.

I had a great time though. It was fun.

Anyone else get talked into something they found out they like?:D

Berry Princess
09-14-2002, 10:29 AM
I have had to talk people into going on certain things but I haven't been talked into going on anything. My 4 yr old we are always trying to talk into certain rides. I kept telling him for the longest time he would love Thunder Mt. Only way I was able to get him on it was cause he wanted to ride Mulholland and was finally tall enough so I made a deal with him. If he like Mulholland he had to ride Thunder. He loved Mulholland and wanted to ride again after it was over. Same thing with Thunder Mt. We are now trying to talk him into going on the rapid ride. We have been telling him that he should try it once and if he doesn't like he never needs to go again but we know he would love it. :D And I had to kind of talk a friend into going on Mulholland with me. I hadn't been on it yet and she hadn't either and wasn't sure if she wanted to. She has told me she will never ride it again. Funny considering she rides all the stuff in Disneyland but yet she couldn't handle Jaguar at Knott's and I don't think that goes as fast as Thunder Mt.

stinkerbell
09-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Splash Mountain!!!!

I hate to get sprayed with water. Hate it. When I take a shower, I never put my face in the spray. I put off going on Splash Mt. for years, because I don't like log rides.

Now it's my very favorite ride at Disneyland and I can't imagine the place without it. I love the music (sing it alllll the time to myself!) and the theming and every little thing about it! :)

The tea cups have been a favorite of mine forever. My dad used to take me on them all the time, over and over and he'd spin so fast and I'd laugh so hard. We'd get off, then get right back in line. Years later I found out that my dad has always had vertigo really really bad and has always hated spinning. He couldn't stand Space Mt. (the combination of the darkness and the coaster ride made him sick), and really hates roller coasters that go upside down (my favorite, of course!), but he did it all because I loved it. Makes it that much more special. :)

thekirk
09-14-2002, 01:15 PM
On our last trip to Disneyland we went on the tea cups. It was me, my sister, and mom. I got the thing spinning soooooo fast. My mom was crackin up, and my sister was trying to help, but couldn't....I was the only one spinning it. When I got off I felt like I was going to puke. It was spinning it around all by myself that made me feel sick. Next time I go on the tea cups someone else can do all the work!

rexfarms
09-14-2002, 02:11 PM
The MTP is one of those attractions that I only go on about once every 3 to 5 years. Kinda like ISAW. :)

thekirk
09-14-2002, 02:12 PM
MTP?

ISAW?

What do those stand for?

Morrigoon
09-14-2002, 05:01 PM
MTP: Mad Tea Party
IASW: It's A Small World

thekirk
09-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Yah...I'm dumb, so yah gotta forgive me, thanks for the clear up :)

MonorailMan
09-15-2002, 05:42 AM
TheKirk,
There is a full list of acronyms in our FAQ. The thread can be found here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8117)

thekirk
09-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks.....thats awesome there is a list........I normally know what things are....but I got a lil confused...I will now use this awesome list for writing, and understanding posts. Thanks MonorailMan!

cobrabubblesjr
09-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. For some reason, I can never miss that one anymore.

Cadaverous Pallor
09-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Berry Princess - good for you! I was a lot like your son when I was a kid. I didn't want to go on coasters. It was only when I was at the ripe age of 10 that I was forced onto the Matterhorn. I've been a coaster junkie ever since! Parents, push your kids to try new things! :)

Stink - my Dad couldn't handle the spin on the Carousel! :eek: There are plenty of pictures of my mom and I riding the Carousel - all taken by my dad, waiting patiently and waving. :D

Of course now I'll ride anything. It's Ghoulish that hates spinning, so I only ride the teacups when we're with the Padders.

Berry Princess
09-16-2002, 08:29 AM
It was only when I was at the ripe age of 10 that I was forced onto the Matterhorn. I've been a coaster junkie ever since! Parents, push your kids to try new things!

This is why I try to get my son to go on new things. I never went on aby of those kinds of rides at Dland until I was on out 9th grade trip there. I went cause my friends did and didn't want to look stupid about it. I don't go on upside down ones though or ones with huge drops. I know what I can handle and I can't with those. But my husband does so when our son is tall enough and old enough to handle them he will be taken on those. He already asks to go on the one in DCA but is far to short. He still has Space Mt to do which we are waiting a year or 2 longer. But he has been started young enough to where I hope he does all these different rides and loves them.
I think it is so wonderful that some of you have had parents that went on stuff with you even though it wasn't the best for them. Its nice to have the memories like that. Hopefully if you have kids you will give them the same memories. :)