PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Parade - Is the Bugs Life segment back?

skunkwerx
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
As of last Sunday, March 30th they weren't back, along with Heimlich (sp), acrobats and stilt chefs.

I know there wasn't a scheduled date for their return...was wondering if anyone spotted the segment back out during this past week? (3/31 - 4/03?)

Thanx!

Heffalump
04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I heard that the parade will go with out the Bugs Life part for a while.

Another Dimension
04-04-2008, 09:23 PM
April 2nd performance had the Ratatouille Chefs on stilts, but no dangling rats, and still no Bugs Life unit... or any other unit's acrobats at all, except for the few performers wearing those bounce stilts from Eureka.

AaronInCal
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Bugs Life has not returned yet. Apparently they are waiting for a part which is why it has yet to return. Most likely it is a made-to-order part, which takes extra time.

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Has the Bug's Life Float been restored yet to the Pixar Play Parade? If not, does anyone know when it will be back in operation?

HisKid
04-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I didn't see it on Sunday. Granted, I didn't watch the whole parade, but I saw most of it, and no float. Also, the chefs weren't on their stilts this time.

AaronInCal
04-15-2008, 02:26 PM
No, the Bugs Life float still has not returned to the parade. They apparently are waiting for a part to fix what broke originally. Also, it is not certain the Chefs on stilts will return. They have just been walking normally now after one of them almost fell due to the water (and possibly some bubble solution) on the route. Even though they extensively tested the stilts on wet surfaces, it's still possibly one could slip, which seems to have happened.

Matterhorn Yodeler
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
No, the Bugs Life float still has not returned to the parade.

Thanks. Going on Sunday, but I'll wait until later in the year to catch the parade. Want to see it with all of the floats! So much to do this Sunday anyway with the food and wine festival going on. Hope it's not too hot. Last Sunday was a scorcher!

spectromen
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I was told by a contact in Parade Maintenance not to expect to see the Bug's Life float any time soon. A complete redesign is supposedly in the works, as well as redesigns on most of the parade's props.

THpoohbear
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
I watched the parade today while standing in line for a 6pm culinary demo. The Bug's Life float and all the Bug's Life characters were back in.

Another Dimension
04-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I watched the parade today while standing in line for a 6pm culinary demo. The Bug's Life float and all the Bug's Life characters were back in.

Were any of the acrobats back, in any parts of the PPP?

THpoohbear
04-19-2008, 08:31 AM
I know that Flik and Atta were back on their swing. But, I didn't see any acrobats. However, the only other time I saw the parade was after they'd taken the bug's life float out, so I'm not sure what else is still missing.

Baloo
04-19-2008, 08:31 PM
only the smaller units and characters were back as well as the small front portion of the Bugs float. The large main section of the float is still out until repairs are made

HisKid
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Just an FYI. I didn't get to see if everything was back, as I had to pass it by to make a deadline, but I did get a glimpse of the float with the swing on it. It was cute.

Another Dimension
05-05-2008, 01:35 AM
I heard one day last week that the Bugs Life float was back in the PPP, with Flik and Atta riding it, but not swinging.

Also... no dangling rats and no chefs on stilts.

Darkbeer
05-05-2008, 02:56 AM
When I saw the float on Friday, it is smaller than the original "a bug's life" float, but Flik and Atta were swinging....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/4849158_u2VUx/1/288877784_swcdq/Medium

TTFN92
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I heard one day last week that the Bugs Life float was back in the PPP, with Flik and Atta riding it, but not swinging.

Also... no dangling rats and no chefs on stilts.

Flik and Atta were on a swing on Sunday. I told my DH that that it looked like an adult version of the one from my swingset when I was a kid ;). There were also chefs on stilts. I don't think there were rats dangling but can't be for certain. Cute parade but I didn't really care for the music. It wasn't catchy, kind of boring. I also didn't think the spraying of water was that big of a deal. It wasn't that much and you can see it coming so if you don't want to get wet, move or cover with a jacket or something and protect your camera if you're worried. I thought it was fun and hope my boys get to see it in Nov.

Another Dimension
05-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I heard the bungee jumping Ratatouille rats were back today!

:)

disneysbunnygirl
05-10-2008, 08:02 AM
The bungee jumping Rats were back yesterday. Heimlich is strange. He is all in different segments, not a whole caterpillar. The different body segments like to roam around and greet kids. Its kinda creepy lol.

Baloo
05-11-2008, 10:17 PM
When I saw the float on Friday, it is smaller than the original "a bug's life" float, but Flik and Atta were swinging....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/4849158_u2VUx/1/288877784_swcdq/Medium

that is the small section of the main bugs float which is in seperate pieces. the sections with the swongs are being worked on